Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I find it funny how all the inflation truthers disappeared...

I find it funny how all the inflation truthers disappeared...

For years they have been claiming the official govt data was cooked data because food and gas wasn't included, even though core inflation was low or nonexistent. Now that gas prices have dropped due to Obama's fantastic above-all energy policy, we have started to see with deflation once those two are included. Funny how nobody five years of "OMG the commie Bernanke and marxist OBama devlaue US DOLLAR???" has led to exactly the opposite: the strongest dollar in decades... so strong in fact that most economist now say it will hurt the economy. Lol Paulites, you lose again.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If your momma wasn't the one feeding and clothing you and keeping the lights on, the inflation that is already present would be incredibly obvious to you.

Someone will have to explain the fantastic energy policy to me and the most excellent value of paper dollars .

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    the strongest dollar in decades...

Decades???
    Not according to this chart.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/currency

The United States Dollar increased to 97.29 US dollars in March from 95.29 in February of 2015. The United States Dollar averaged 97.31 from 1967 until 2015, reaching an all time high of 164.72 in February of 1985 and a record low of 71.58 in April of 2008.

I can even verify that from personal experience. The exchange rate for the Filipino peso is around 44 per dollar. This IS a rise from 39 pesos not long ago, but still not approaching 56-57 of about 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

so strong in fact that most economist now say it will hurt the economy.
    Maybe you shouldn't listen to economists who think that being able to buy more is bad for the economy.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

For years they have been claiming the official govt data was cooked data because food and gas wasn't included, even though core inflation was low or nonexistent. Now that gas prices have dropped due to Obama's fantastic above-all energy policy, we have started to see with deflation once those two are included. Funny how nobody five years of "OMG the commie Bernanke and marxist OBama devlaue US DOLLAR???" has led to exactly the opposite: the strongest dollar in decades... so strong in fact that most economist now say it will hurt the economy. Lol Paulites, you lose again.
    gotta give this man some credit! Dollar is strongest in a long time, despite naysayers.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    gotta give this man some credit! Dollar is strongest in a long time, despite naysayers.
    How are you at technical analysis?

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I could really use a laugh too. How DID they all disappear?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In yer dreams.

You gonna share whatever that is that yer smokin'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Decades???
    Not according to this chart.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/currency

I can even verify that from personal experience. The exchange rate for the Filipino peso is around 44 per dollar. This IS a rise from 39 pesos not long ago, but still not approaching 56-57 of about 10 years ago.

The OP doesn't know the difference between "decades" and "in a decade." And of course he's not going to actually hang around and try to defend his BS.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

The CBO agrees with us though. It isn't a matter of "if" inflation hits, it is only a matter of when. And I am fairly sure that the dollar is not nearly as strong as it used to be. What is your source for that statement?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The CBO agrees with us though. It isn't a matter of "if" inflation hits, it is only a matter of when. And I am fairly sure that the dollar is not nearly as strong as it used to be. What is your source for that statement?
    Inflation is already underway. When the CBO says inflation is inevitable, you've already seen a bunch of it. You can't print that much lettuce and have it hold value, no matter how abysmal the 'money velocity' is.

And when the shills say the FRN is strong, they don't mean it can buy a can of beans. They mean it has gone down in value a little less than the Euro, the Yuen, and most particularly the Ruble.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I use the "Famous Amos" index.

A couple of years ago a box of Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies (with pecans!) cost $2.99/box at my local supermarket.

About a year go the price jumped to $3.99, and just recently it changed and is now at $4.50.

I'm heartbroken. What's the world coming to??

Non-sequitur once again, Anti-Federalist. Explain why that is bad and maybe you'll have more credibility.

Non-sequitur once again, Anti-Federalist. Explain why that is bad and maybe you'll have more credibility.
    Loss of purchasing power has been outstripped by any increases in median income.

ETA - Maybe I was not being clear.

Income increases have not kept pace with inflation, or more properly put, a de-valued currency.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-31-2015 at 04:18 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like to know how the "Obama all-above energy policy" had anything to do with gas prices. Obama and Co. have done everything in their power to prevent oil and gas companies from operating in the U.S. The drop in oil prices is a testament to the fact that hard working americans in Texas, Dakotas, Alaska, etc. have given Obama the finger and decided to frak, drill, and ignore the fake global warming BS and given YOU the lowest gas prices in a very long time...

Obama is the reason gas prices are down..... now I've heard everything...
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

This is very simple.

1995 gas was a $1 and a pound of beef was a $1

2015 gas is $3 and a pound of beef is $3

Are you telling me everyone got 3X pay raises in the past two decades?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

A pound of hamburger was $7 at the grocery store today. Inflation "truthers." Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't listen to economists who think that being able to buy more is bad for the economy.
    I believe that the theory is, that if the value of your currency increases, that causes people from other countries to be less able to buy from you.
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.

You pop off in this forum, literally surrounded by discussions of inflation, completely blind, and make this silly assed claim, and you're talking about the credibility of others?

Pretty good comedy schtick, bud.

Inflation isn't just a reason there's no middle class any more, it's the main reason, and almost the sole reason. Yes, that's right. Your precious Fed, with it's 'elastic money supply', and which has never prevented an economic crisis like it was supposed to do and has always prolonged recessions rather than alleviating them, has devalued the dollar faster than anyone could get raises, and has destroyed the middle class.

And just because you spend the rest of your internet time on sites that censor comments with these facts faster than a cat censors a mouse does not mean the truth is no longer out there. The people who are becoming the most ridiculously rich 1% the world has ever seen while you thoughtlessly regurgitate their talking points like a demented parrot have not yet managed to shut the smart ones up.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I think what the newcomer to this discussion has the most trouble understanding is the dollar is not a dollar--it's a nickel.

What do I mean? Well, my old man got out of the Army Air Corps after WWII and got himself a good job paying a dollar an hour. How is that a good job? Easy--it was 1946 and the dollar was still a dollar. As in, when he wanted a Pepsi he paid a nickel for it--now it costs a dollar. When he wanted to ride a bus, he put seven cents in the meter, or a nickel and a half--now it costs a buck and a half. When he wanted to sit down and have a cup of regular old coffee, he paid a dime, or two nickels--now it costs two bucks. When he put gas in the car (it was always cheap in Oklahoma), he paid 14.9 cents per gallon, or three nickles--now it costs three bucks. When he was hungry for lunch, he bought a deluxe double hamburger with all the trimmings for a silver quarter, or five nickles--now it costs five bucks. When he wanted to go to a movie, he paid thirty-five cents or seven nickles--now it costs seven bucks. And when he shopped for a new top of the line Dodge Custom with heater and radio and other options, it would set him back two grand, or forty thousand nickles--now it costs forty thousand dollars.

The Pepsi isn't any wetter, the gas doesn't burn any brighter, the double burger isn't any more filling, and the movie doesn't last any longer today (with no newsreel, serial and cartoon, it actually doesn't last as long). So, there's only one explanation. The dollar is no longer worth a dollar. The dollar is worth a nickel. Period.

Why do you think all the five and ten cent stores have been replaced with dollar stores?
    Everyone knows there's inflation, bud. If the 'truthers' are making less noise lately it's because the propagandizers aren't pushing too hard for fear of having their sanity questioned. Well, the ones with any brains at all are, anyway.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-31-2015 at 04:12 PM.

Keep in mind the following:
    1. You can have inflation that keeps prices are stable when they otherwise would have fallen. So you can't judge inflation by prices.
    2. The strength of the dollar versus other currencies is only an indicator of RELATIVE inflation. It says nothing about how much damage inflation is doing.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

can we get 56k to be a mod?...

i love drama.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    can we get 56k to be a mod?...

i love drama.
    Doubtful

56ktarget has not made any friends yet
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post

LOL.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    Dude, the dollar is being measured against a basket of currencies that is also falling. It's just a matter of which currency is falling the fastest.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    A pound of hamburger was $7 at the grocery store today. Inflation "truthers." Lol.
    The people that deny inflation are the ones that don't buy their own food. That is the only explanation I can think of for how you wouldn't notice it.

I find it funny how all the inflation truthers disappeared...
    I find it funny how you disappeared from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Keep in mind the following:
    1. You can have inflation that keeps prices are stable when they otherwise would have fallen. So you can't judge inflation by prices.
    2. The strength of the dollar versus other currencies is only an indicator of RELATIVE inflation. It says nothing about how much damage inflation is doing.
    3. price inflation and currency inflation are different creatures (though have correlations in certain instances).
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast