Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES LOUNGE: Frugal finds, decorating, fun fashion, beauty and thrifting hauls.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I wouldn't rent a dumpster, call a charity there are lot of them around here that will send out trucks to pick up large loads or post an ad in Craigslist for free stuff.
    I've seen the "curb alerts" on Craigslist too. I just want it all gone all at once.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    Oh man, I'd be dumpster diving too. You probably heard heavenly music when you saw that find--LOl You should see the stuff people in my neighborhood put on the curb on bulk pickup day! I have to restrain myself all of the time. Anything I've put on my curb in front of the house is always gone the next day. lol I put a dresser and chest of drawers out there one night and they were gone the next morning. It's great--I never have to pay a pick-up fee.
    I picked up an almost brand new smoker on our street. It looked new but had some ashes in it - they spilled out in my van.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Holy Smoke...and I thought I was being spendthrift, buying $90 Ray Bans.

Carry on, ladies.
    They're sensible shoppers, you're a frugal shopper. I'm a serious, straight up, tight ass. Lol.

Weinig's are on sale this week......

I picked up an almost brand new smoker on our street. It looked new but had some ashes in it - they spilled out in my van.
    When me and my friend across the street had our yard sale--we ended up exchanging more crap than we sold--it was hilarious. I like to cruise on bulk pickup day early before the good stuff gets pilfered. I found this beautiful antique mirror that was etched with beveled edges. It's hanging up in the hallway upstairs.

Bought 10 of these at the Dollar Tree for a 1.00 each. They smell as good as the Yankee candles at 10.00 each for the same size.

How to get cheap/nice sunglasses 101.

Know a waiter or bartender. When a nice set of glasses are "lost and found" have him/her call you and tell you what type/style/etc. Go to the restaurant and ask a manager if glasses have been found and give him a description. Wear "your" glasses home. Tip your "finder" an extra $5 next time in the restaurant.

Bought 10 of these at the Dollar Tree for a 1.00 each. They smell as good as the Yankee candles at 10.00 each for the same size.

Last month was good at Hobby Lobby. They get a large influx of candles for winter. Clearance was up to 80% off. Got about 50 candles various size and shapes for $10.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Last month was good at Hobby Lobby. They get a large influx of candles for winter. Clearance was up to 80% off. Got about 50 candles various size and shapes for $10.
    Wow! Great buy. I can never have too many candles. I go through them fast.

Know a waiter or bartender. When a nice set of glasses are "lost and found" have him/her call you and tell you what type/style/etc. Go to the restaurant and ask a manager if glasses have been found and give him a description. Wear "your" glasses home. Tip your "finder" an extra $5 next time in the restaurant.
    Lol

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

My husband runs a bar but all his patrons seem to have big heads or something.

Lol
    Works with clothes too.

Shouldn't this thread be called "Kitchen Talk" or something along those lines???
    "The Patriarch"

My husband runs a bar but all his patrons seem to have big heads or something.
    Owners/managers usually abscond with the finds after 30-60 days depending on policy. Which is why you get a waiter/server to tip you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Shouldn't this thread be called "kitchen Talk" or something along those lines???
    Stay out of our Ladies Lounge.

Stay out of our Ladies Lounge.
    Yessmm.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Yessmm.
    Got it all to myself...

At the end of May, both the hub and I are taking some vacation time. We're renting one of those huge steel dumpsters and getting rid of tons of stuff. Old furniture and household stuff that I don't have the time to sell in a yard sale. I love to go to them, but I've tried putting a yard sale together before with my friend across the street and we worked ourselves to death for to little money. We both decided that from now on--it goes in the dumpster unless I can get a charity truck to come pick it all up at once.

Or see if there's a Freecycle group in your area..you can give it away or barter.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Got it all to myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Or see if there's a Freecycle group in your area..you can give it away or barter.
    I might call a charity truck for the better stuff.

....just passing through. if you see something you like, just say so.... (whistling while i walk casual)

Got it all to myself...

That's what you get with Craigslist.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

A "Ladies' Thread"? Ur thread is not gender neutral, and therefore not LGBTQ-friendly. Reported to Big Sister's Tolerance Brigade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    A "Ladies' Thread"? Ur thread is not gender neutral, and therefore not LGBTQ-friendly. Reported to Big Sister's Tolerance Brigade.
    We don't mind "ladies" of the more masculine persuasion either. If they've got great stuff to show and bargains to share--anyone can be a lady here.

Last edited by Terry1; 03-28-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    ....just passing through. if you see something you like, just say so.... (whistling while i walk casual)
    Haaaayyy...how much? Do fries come with that shake? Cuz I like a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    Watch out. We're girls and we will give you a makeover. You won't recognize yourself when we're done.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    True story: I thrifted so much I had to open a secondhand store. I have lots of stories!

We don't mind "ladies" of the more masculine persuasion either. If they've got great stuff to show and bargains to share--anyone can be a lady here.

Masculine, eh? You mean like this? ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    True story: I thrifted so much I had to open a secondhand store. I have lots of stories!
    Oh-oh! Pics of the good stuff! Need more bargains! You should see these two highback winged caned chairs I have. I got the pair for 30.00. I don't have a pic of mine yet, but here's what they look like. I have to recover mine still.

I have a pair just like this. Mine are in mint condition because I bought them from rich neighbor down the street when she moved.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Masculine, eh? You mean like this? ...
    That can't be her real body. Lol

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast