Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES LOUNGE: Frugal finds, decorating, fun fashion, beauty and thrifting hauls.

Ya, but it might be nice to have around...you could weaponize it as a gas and keep some of TPTB's foot soldiers at bay for a bit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    *clutches clorox bottle*

Vinegar really works on white? I only ever use bleach on laundry.
    It works for me. My grandmother used it all the time. Bleach smells nasty, and leaves the inside of the washer slimy to me.

Vinegar

There are so many benefits to be reaped by adding 1 cup white vinegar to your washer’s rinse cycle that it’s surprising that you don’t find it prominently mentioned inside the owner’s manual of every washing machine sold. Here are the main ones:

A single cup of vinegar will kill off any bacteria that may be present in your wash load, especially if it includes cloth diapers and the like.
    A cup of vinegar will keep your clothes coming out of the wash soft and smelling fresh — so you can kiss your fabric-softening liquids and sheets good-bye (unless, of course, you happen to like your clothes smelling of heavy perfumes).
    A cup of vinegar will brighten small loads of white clothes.
    Added to the last rinse, a cup of vinegar will keep your clothes lint- and static-free.
    Adding a cupful of vinegar to the last rinse will set the color of your newly dyed fabrics.
    Source
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

How did it work out of the front of her pants like that?? She could've stepped on it or maybe kicked behind the mariachi guys - I see now how kicking it forward would be problematic.
    And those mariachi guys never missed a note either---amazing. My most embarrassing moment was when a cashier moved a big mirror behind me at the register and I didn't see her do it. I backed into that thing and fell right off my shoes, bounced and then slid about five feet and lost the hair clip holding my hair up. The worst part was I peed my pants I fell so hard. I had on black jeans and yeah--everyone saw it.

You guys put VINEGAR in the BLEACH dispenser? Isn't that a bit sketchy? Bleach and vinegar don't mix.
    Don't put vinegar in the bleach dispenser. Only use the soap dispenser and run the load with only vinegar and hot water the first time until the "short cycle" finishes. Then run them again with just your soap and bleach. You don't need to use vinegar every day--just once in a while if it gets smelly.

I was drinking on Amazon the other week and bought some fake eyelashes. I can't figure out how to get them on straight. Tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I quit using shampoo a couple of months ago! I didn't have the 3 weeks of greasy nasty hair people talk about. I use Suave Naturals coconut conditioner only at 1.50 a bottle. There's about 1/4 of the hair in the drain than there used to be, and it's so soft and wavy, and no more static. My stylist said to keep it up, and evidently I don't need all these layers any more so we're growing them out. DH did it with me. We have no more nastyass orange film on our marble shower walls anymore either.

Do it!
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bought a new gabage can and I love it. It's big, stylish, has a lid, and a lock. My doggie is blind and has started walking into our garbage can, spilling trash everywhere. I lock it at night when he has the most trouble.

Here's the can

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o04_s00

It didn't occur to me that this can uses special bags. These special bags cost anywhere from 1.00 to .40 per bag. That seems really high for a frickin' trash bag. I'm using the big black ones in it right now and they seem to fit okay.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I quit using shampoo a couple of months ago! I didn't have the 3 weeks of greasy nasty hair people talk about. I use Suave Naturals coconut conditioner only at 1.50 a bottle. There's about 1/4 of the hair in the drain than there used to be, and it's so soft and wavy, and no more static. My stylist said to keep it up, and evidently I don't need all these layers any more so we're growing them out. DH did it with me. We have no more nastyass orange film on our marble shower walls anymore either.

Do it!
    Green tried to convince me to do that too. You guys are going to have to spring for shampoo when we move to Utah unless you want to look at that...

YAY!!! I just bought a new Wonder Woman costume for Dragon Con - only 14.89. If you're in the market for one, this is a great deal. Now I need to keep my eye out for some cool boots.

Women's Costumes Cosplay Party Dress Superhero Wonder Woman Outfit

Estimated delivery: Fri. Jun. 26 - Sat. Jul. 11

Got the costume and it came with a pair of g-string panties, lol. I'm going to have to buy bloomers to go under that thing but it's actually a better quality costume than I expected.

I was drinking on Amazon the other week and bought some fake eyelashes. I can't figure out how to get them on straight. Tips?
    here ya go
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Why didn't I think to look for a drag queen on youtube? I'm going to try it his way. The ones I bought look way more natural than those things and I doubt I'll use the bottom lashes.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    here ya go

I got roped into taking mom to the mall today. Me and the boys dropped her off at Macys and went to see Antman (great movie, btw). Anyhoo, when I went to pick her up she staged an ambush makeover with the Estee Lauder lady and ended up buying me $200.00 worth of cosmetics. Throughout the whole makeover she was telling the Estee Lauder lady about 25 year old blush (true story) and about how I've only worn face makeup once or twice. I have to admit, I looked very pretty after she had spackled me up and the lipstick she pick out was amazing. It's a chocolate brown and it looks fantastic on me. I would've never picked out color but damn...

Here's the color, it's called Decadant.

Those are hard to get on! I tried them just once and that was it. You should see me trying to get my eye liner on without my glasses--LOl I don't look the same without makeup, but I usually only put it on when I'm going out to dinner with the hub or having company over.

Bought a new gabage can and I love it. It's big, stylish, has a lid, and a lock. My doggie is blind and has started walking into our garbage can, spilling trash everywhere. I lock it at night when he has the most trouble.

Here's the can

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o04_s00

It didn't occur to me that this can uses special bags. These special bags cost anywhere from 1.00 to .40 per bag. That seems really high for a frickin' trash bag. I'm using the big black ones in it right now and they seem to fit okay.
    We've got a tall stainless one for the kitchen. One of our cats is blind too and bumps into stuff, but she usually stays upstairs where she feels safe in a little box we gave her. Our little dog likes to hike his leg on the trash can in the kitchen--Lol If I don't let him out first thing in the morning--there's a puddle next to the trash can. I don't have the heart to discipline him for it because it's usually my fault that I didn't let him out soon enough. When you gotta go, you gotta go!

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just bought this to hang in my 4 seasons room.

Why didn't I think to look for a drag queen on youtube? I'm going to try it his way. The ones I bought look way more natural than those things and I doubt I'll use the bottom lashes.
    I would probably poke my eye out. Luckily I have fairly long eyelashes..not sure how either because I'm always pulling them out when I take my mascara off. Hopefully by the time I need fake ones I'll be too old to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I would probably poke my eye out. Luckily I have fairly long eyelashes..not sure how either because I'm always pulling them out when I take my mascara off. Hopefully by the time I need fake ones I'll be too old to care.
    My lashes are fine. I just bought them to go with my Wonder Woman costume. I want my make up to be dramatic and comic bookish.

Just bought this to hang in my 4 seasons room.

I really like that!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

i use tweezers to put on the falsies....

still one side always looks better than the other, like my eyebrows

did you get the falsie glue? cause you need the glue

Quote Originally Posted by CrissyNY View Post
    i use tweezers to put on the falsies....

still one side always looks better than the other, like my eyebrows

did you get the falsie glue? cause you need the glue
    Yeah I got the glue. I kinda made a mess with it, lol. I want to get the hang of it now so I don't mess up my make up on Dragon Con day.

This is the makeup look I'm shooting for except I want the drag queen lashes. I also bought some liquid eyeliner. I need to get the hang of that too.

I also found these boots on ebay for $35.00. I think they'll go well with the costume. I thought about going with the traditional red and white boots but they're more expensive and like I said, I think these will go better.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I really like that!
    Me too! They had several sizes and colors.

If you buy one make sure you check out the sizes, some are quite small.

http://www.lakeside.com/Home-Decor/D...ch&categoryId=

Me too! They had several sizes and colors.

If you buy one make sure you check out the sizes, some are quite small.

http://www.lakeside.com/Home-Decor/D...ch&categoryId=
    Thank you.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i kinda use the glue like eyeliner, because i got the black glue, not the clear

oh man, the next morning, theres no getting those lashes off...its a commitment

i love the makeup look, and the boots

do you have a good red lipstick? they are hard to find!

you are going to have fun!

i kinda use the glue like eyeliner, because i got the black glue, not the clear

oh man, the next morning, theres no getting those lashes off...its a commitment

i love the makeup look, and the boots

do you have a good red lipstick? they are hard to find!

you are going to have fun!
    Thanks, I'm getting excited.

I got the black and clear glue. I had no idea what to get so I bought a bunch of lashes and both glues - Duo is the brand.

I don't have any lipstick yet. I think I'm going to buy cheapo lipstick because it may take me several several shots to find the right color. Like you said, red is hard to get right.

I did find the gold eye shadow. I bought some glitter eye shadow and eye shadow glue off Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Rimmel-London-...YR11D7SCNAVG6M

if you are going cheapo, i have heard this is good...its bluebased, which makes your teeth look whiter

i gotta think of these things, while i drink coffee and red wine

http://www.amazon.com/Rimmel-London-...YR11D7SCNAVG6M

if you are going cheapo, i have heard this is good...its bluebased, which makes your teeth look whiter

i gotta think of these things, while i drink coffee and red wine
    Use activated charcoal for tooth stains, it works great and is super cheap.

How to at link...
    How To Whiten Your Teeth With...Charcoal?

If you haven't already spent a full 7 minutes of your life watching an oddly fascinating YouTube video of someone brushing their teeth with pitch-black paste, we'll fill you in. They're using activated charcoal (a reheated, oxidized version of the stuff you buy for summer cookouts) as a natural tooth whitener. The strangest part? It actually works. "I was super skeptical until I tried it—it's quite messy, but it does strip away stains and plaque to make your teeth appear whiter," says Joseph Banker, DMD, a New Jersey-based cosmetic dentist.

Activated charcoal's natural adhesive qualities let it bind with surface-staining culprits like coffee, tea, wine, and plaque, and take them off your teeth for good when you spit it out, Banker says. However, its whitening power stops at stains—if your teeth are naturally darker or yellow, you'll need to buy a product with a bleaching agent like hydrogen peroxide or try an in-office treatment.
    http://www.prevention.com/beauty/cha...hitening-teeth

This is what I bought but next time I'll buy the lose powder. Getting it out of the capsules was a pain in the ass.

Nature's Way Charcoal Activated, 100 Capsules, 280 mg
    $5.58
    http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Ch...harcoal+powder

Last week I got me my first ipod! 70 bucks used. Pretty neat little dohickey.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Last week I got me my first ipod! 70 bucks used. Pretty neat little dohickey.
    Great deal! What kind?

Great deal! What kind?
    iPod Touch, 4th generation. 8GB. Almost like new. It's my first i-anything, so it's kinda interesting. I just wish it had a built-in FM tuner. :/ I downloaded apps to stream some radio stations I like, but I can't listen if/when I'm not near a wireless connection thingy. :/ *sigh* There's supposedly a way to update the iOS, but I can't figure it out. :/
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 07-26-2015 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Wally Mart does deliver, so you won't have to risk running into AF or Danke.
    I don't shop at Walmart, only Costcos.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast