Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES LOUNGE: Frugal finds, decorating, fun fashion, beauty and thrifting hauls.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I am just going to put my laundry room upstairs when we remodel that area.
    I'm doing apartment living for a while, so I can't do anything permanent right now. Bleh.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    I'm doing apartment living for a while, so I can't do anything permanent right now. Bleh.
    Kludge isn't pulling his economic weight, eh? Take away his internets till he straightens up and flies right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Kludge isn't pulling his economic weight, eh? Take away his internets till he straightens up and flies right.
    He actually is--and the internets is his biz.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

If yer washer ever starts leaking (as happens to some models after some aging), you're not going to like that so much...
    I do worry about that, but it hasn't happened yet. The worst thing that has happened is when the pump went out on the washer. See that little square panel at the bottom? That's where you have to drain out whatever water's left in the machine and it ain't easy the way they designed that being almost on the floor. There's a short drain tube in there and the only thing you can drain into is a flat pan because the tube is only about 4 inches long. I hope they've improved their design since I bought these, but everything else works great.

We have the same sugar shaker and cabinets, only you have a lot more. I like the toaster. But is that a decorative panel on your dishwasher? Very clever! How did you do that?
    That's a magnetic panel that just sticks on the metal. I buy them at Collections etc.com. They have them for all seasons. They have ones for a full fridge too. I think they're around 12 bucks or so. I wanted to redo the backsplash because that old brick was there when we bought the house, but it was really ugly reddish, blackish rough stuff that the grease and everything stuck to. I cleaned them with TSP and then painted them with a high gloss, but now some of the bricks are chipping as you can see there in the pic. If I bang something against them--they crack. Another project for the future. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

That's a good idea, but I'd worry about water sitting in those that doesn't all drain into the tube. Mine haven't leaked so far and I've had them since 2007--I hope they never do.

I'm thinking about this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Along with this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To save money on small loads and to have a system upstairs.
    That's not a bad idea. I still have to lug laundry from my second floor down to the kitchen. It's not as bad as when I had the laundry in the basement now, but we've been thinking about taking the extra spare bedroom adjoining the bathroom upstairs and turning that into a big bathroom with another stackable set of washer and dryer upstairs as well. Not like the big ones downstairs, but more like this. Our house was built back in the early seventies, when they built small bathrooms and closets in them. In the new addition we have walk-ins, but I still don't have enough closet space in the rest of the house. You should see my tiny linen closet downstairs--I have it packed with crap. Why they made such little closets in those days I have no idea. I guess people didn't live as large then as they do now or something.
    Last edited by Terry1; 04-30-2015 at 07:32 AM.

I have a blank wall on my porch and I think these sculptures are so neat. I might try making something like this myself. It will probably end up being one of those Pinterest "nailed it" memes but what the heck.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I have a blank wall on my porch and I think these sculptures are so neat. I might try making something like this myself. It will probably end up being one of those Pinterest "nailed it" memes but what the heck.

Beautiful! Love those.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    I do worry about that, but it hasn't happened yet. The worst thing that has happened is when the pump went out on the washer. See that little square panel at the bottom? That's where you have to drain out whatever water's left in the machine and it ain't easy the way they designed that being almost on the floor. There's a short drain tube in there and the only thing you can drain into is a flat pan because the tube is only about 4 inches long. I hope they've improved their design since I bought these, but everything else works great.
    In my old house, which was perfect and pretty much my dream house...the dishwasher developed a slight leak that we did not know about. It pretty much ruined the plywood(or whatever it's called under the tile floor.) Now I know that they make a pan than can be installed under it. Next time I have a dishwasher...I am so doing that!

As for the water standing in the pan....I always thought I'd rather have it leak out the front so I would know there was a problem. But this talk of major ruptures accompanied by major flooding has me rethinking that plan.

In my old house, which was perfect and pretty much my dream house...the dishwasher developed a slight leak that we did not know about. It pretty much ruined the plywood(or whatever it's called under the tile floor.) Now I know that they make a pan than can be installed under it. Next time I have a dishwasher...I am so doing that!

As for the water standing in the pan....I always thought I'd rather have it leak out the front so I would know there was a problem. But this talk of major ruptures accompanied by major flooding has me rethinking that plan.
    I've got vinyl flooring in the kitchen right now, so I'm not too worried about a leak unless it's massive. One of these days when I don't have four cats, a dog and two peeps I'd like to have all of my downstairs floors redone, but right now they'd just destroy it. I have hardwood everywhere but the kitchen now. I'm happy with the vinyl--it cleans up really well.

Nice thing about being scrawny (at least around here) is that I can always find good stuff in my size at the 2nd hand stores. Shoes are a different story.

Personally, I prefer 20's/30's looks over 80's anyday. I always cut out shoulder pads because they annoyed me.

I don't do cleavage, cuz I ain't got none. I have the chest of a malnourished African child.
    Free shipping: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/S-XXL...ck_to_detail_a
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    And my next next project... reupholster these beauties I bought for $30 (plus upholstery fabric was $18):

One done... I was in Alabama the past few weeks so my DIY work slowed down:

On the way back to dirty Jerz-ee I picked up a $3 white desk that I am going to work on too (probably with Americana chalk paint - amazing stuff, no need to prime or sand anything, even laminate).

Once future hubby graduates in a few days, he's going to help me do some DIY/building work. More to come!

Last edited by Nirvikalpa; 04-30-2015 at 11:06 PM.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Nice thing about being scrawny (at least around here) is that I can always find good stuff in my size at the 2nd hand stores. Shoes are a different story.

Personally, I prefer 20's/30's looks over 80's anyday. I always cut out shoulder pads because they annoyed me.

I don't do cleavage, cuz I ain't got none. I have the chest of a malnourished African child
    I got you this just because ur awesome.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

On the way back to dirty Jerz-ee I picked up a $3 white desk that I am going to work on too (probably with Americana chalk paint - amazing stuff, no need to prime or sand anything, even laminate).

Once future hubby graduates in a few days, he's going to help me do some DIY/building work. More to come!

Nice job on the stools!

I love that chalk paint. I've got a wall in my bay window that I'm thinking about painting a chalkboard on and putting some moulding around. If I were more artistic, I would paint a mural. It's a big wall but my kids (and husband) keep bumping up against it getting around the table and we had a few close calls with the large picture I used to have hanging there.

Beautiful! Love those.
    I like them too but I don't think they're going to happen. My husband said he didn't think they would go with the beer neon he has hanging back there. I hate that stupid neon. Right now our porch is an odd mix of nice stuff (me) and bar crap(him). The bar crap is slowly disappearing and getting replaced with nice stuff but the neon is one of the last hold outs.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This would be nice on the porch.

DIY Pipe Bar Cart

Beautiful job on the reupholstering. I should hire you!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I like them too but I don't think they're going to happen. My husband said he didn't think they would go with the beer neon he has hanging back there. I hate that stupid neon. Right now our porch is an odd mix of nice stuff (me) and bar crap(him). The bar crap is slowly disappearing and getting replaced with nice stuff but the neon is one of the last hold outs.
    You sound like me, I've had to sacrifice redoing the upstairs media room/man cave/den. The only thing I'm allowed to do in there is decorate around my own recliner with a few little things. Hub said I have the rest of the house to do what I want with. I guess he's right--he's gotta have a space of his own, even though I protest his massive piles of stuff I'm not allowed to touch. Lol He's got a really weird sense of organization--but it seems to work for him somehow.

Good thread.

Anyhow, the reason I came in here is to ask when about bleaching my whites. I dumped some bleach in my whites last week and then when I went to put my socks on, my foot went right through it. I guess they got burned or something. I don't know. My tee shirts disintegrated too. There is a little dish there under the washer lid. I think that is where you're supposed to pour bleach. I didn't use it, though. Like I said, I just poured it in when it was filling. I guess I should likely use the dish thingamabob. So, I was just wondering when I do that. Do I fill that dish while the washer is filling or after it fills or some other time? I'd appreciate some tips.

I won't come in here any more. I was just wondering. I was going to go buy some new tee shirts anyhow before th mishap but my socks, I just bought the week before.

Thanks.

I got you this just because ur awesome.
    Well thanks, but I'm not one of those people who wants attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Good thread.

Anyhow, the reason I came in here is to ask when about bleaching my whites. I dumped some bleach in my whites last week and then when I went to put my socks on, my foot went right through it. I guess they got burned or something. I don't know. My tee shirts disintegrated too. There is a little dish there under the washer lid. I think that is where you're supposed to pour bleach. I didn't use it, though. Like I said, I just poured it in when it was filling. I guess I should likely use the dish thingamabob. So, I was just wondering when I do that. Do I fill that dish while the washer is filling or after it fills or some other time? I'd appreciate some tips.

I won't come in here any more. I was just wondering. I was going to go buy some new tee shirts anyhow before th mishap but my socks, I just bought the week before.

Thanks.
    LOl--you poor thing-- too much bleach darlin! In a regular size washing machine with a full load--only about 3/4 to 1 cup of bleach depending on the capacity of the machine. A small load only about 1/2 a cup. Never pour it on the clothes directly if you don't have a bleach dispenser on the machine. Always fill the machine with water first, then add your laundry soap and bleach and let it agitate to mix before adding your clothes. If they're really dingy or dirty, use the soak cycle first. This is why I don't allow my hub to wash clothes. He throws everything in together--no matter what color or material they are. Lol

LOl--you poor thing-- too much bleach darlin! In a regular size washing machine with a full load--only about 3/4 to 1 cup of bleach depending on the capacity of the machine. A small load only about 1/2 a cup. Never pour it on the clothes directly if you don't have a bleach dispenser on the machine. Always fill the machine with water first, then add your laundry soap and bleach and let it agitate to mix before adding your clothes. If they're really dingy or dirty, use the soak cycle first. This is why I don't allow my hub to wash clothes. He throws everything in together--no matter what color or material they are. Lol
    SMFH...LOL Dayumn, I'm not even domesticated and I know better than that!

My husband does that too then he dumps them on the floor.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    My husband does that too then he dumps them on the floor.
    Lol--they're pretty comical aren't they. I always fold up three rows of his undies in his top drawer. When he goes through the first and second row, it's like that third row doesn't exist because he says--"hey, I'm out of undies, so go in there shove them from the back of the drawer to the front and they magically appear before his eyes.

SMFH...LOL Dayumn, I'm not even domesticated and I know better than that!
    Men's brains are not wired for this stuff. Lol

Men's brains are not wired for this stuff. Lol
    Srsly? I'm speshul! I learned to take care of laundry, cookin', and cleanin' years ago.

Srsly? I'm speshul! I learned to take care of laundry, cookin', and cleanin' years ago.
    You *are* special darlin! There's not too many guys who can do all of this stuff. You are gonna make some lady really happy one of these days.

I do that too (minus my tie-dyes) - never had a problem. It wasn't until college I learned that most people separate their colors and their whites... and materials...

Silly, silly people. I still just chuck it all in together... still never had a problem. Cold wash.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

I do that too (minus my tie-dyes) - never had a problem. It wasn't until college I learned that most people separate their colors and their whites... and materials...

Silly, silly people. I still just chuck it all in together... still never had a problem. Cold wash.
    You can do that if everything's wash n wear and escape without doing harm to anything. I only use bleach once in a great while on T shirts or tops and sport socks that are getting dingy looking. They've improved the laundry soaps to the extent where you rarely need to use bleach any more.

When I was a kid, I remember my mother sending the whites out to be washed, bleached and ironed, which included sheets, pillow cases and doilys--that was back in the sixties. Lol
    Last edited by Terry1; 05-01-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast