Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES LOUNGE: Frugal finds, decorating, fun fashion, beauty and thrifting hauls.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    I'm just kind of surprised that people actually have a separate set of plates for the outdoors.
    We have a pool so no glass allowed outside. Since we eat outside a lot in the spring, summer, and fall, it makes sense for us to have nice outdoor dishes.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm just kind of surprised that people actually have a separate set of plates for the outdoors.
    The wife and I are always pretty surprised when we go to places and people have dishes that all match. Most of our dishes are curb score or $0.25 thrift.

now these:

we've got about 150 matching 'mater sauce cans each filled with a different size nut/bolt/washer/fastener. I like the handle; that'd work well on a ladder

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    We have a pool so no glass allowed outside. Since we eat outside a lot in the spring, summer, and fall, it makes sense for us to have nice outdoor dishes.
    Whut? I've never had a pool, so could ya explain the problem with glass outside in the pool area, sweet cheeks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Whut? I've never had a pool, so could ya explain the problem with glass outside in the pool area, sweet cheeks?
    Lots of stuff tends to get dropped and knocked over with horseplay and if some glass gets in the water when it breaks it's impossible to find until someone steps on it.

It would be very interesting and pleasantly unusual to wake up one day to find most women not dressing like sluts or homeless people.
    I know you're right. I have no idea what happened to people being taught and understanding what to wear, how and when to wear it. It's really just common sense.

Lots of stuff tends to get dropped and knocked over with horseplay and if some glass gets in the water when it breaks it's impossible to find until someone steps on it.
    Oh yeah--same here--never by the pool if there's kids around especially. My house is built into a hillside and the pool is an above ground at the lowest level of our deck, so usually I don't have to worry about it.

One time I dove in the water with my glasses on. I didn't have any goggles so I couldn't see where they fell. It took me a long time to find them being as blurry eyed as I am without them in the first place. LOL Here's what my pool looks like. It's 27 ft round and 51/2 feet deep in the center. We were going to put an inground, but we found out how much the retaining wall was going to cost which was as much or more than the pool, so we did the above ground for a lot less.

When we were looking to buy our home, we could've bought a house cheaper than this one with an inground already there, but the neighborhood was newer and had no trees. That's why we bought this house in this neighborhood was because it has all of these big old beautiful trees. We don't have too many flat spots in Massachusetts. Just about everything is built into a hillside around here. LOL

You should hear the birds around here in the mornings. I love having my coffee out on the deck in the morning and listening to them.

Last edited by Terry1; 04-25-2015 at 06:11 PM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    Oh yeah--same here--never by the pool if there's kids around especially. My house is built into a hillside and the pool is an above ground at the lowest level of our deck, so usually I don't have to worry about it.
    Nice pool, Terry.

Also glass in the pool will tear the liner, not good.

My kids want to make a sign for our pool and these are the ones they're trying to decide between.

1. This is actually a rule.

2. My 14 yo son wants to make this shark longer

and write this on it

3. My 16 yo son (and husband) like this one. They're cute at that age...
    They think it will go nicely with the Buttweiser neon hanging on the porch. I'm trying to have a nice pretty area to entertain and they keep jacking it up with their tacky crap.

The age of style and grace. Beautiful, beautiful outfits they had then. Nothing like the crap being worn today.
    I was fortunate in that even when I was maintaining my girlish figure, i had curves. That made it easier to wear low end clothes, except that button blouses usually wanted to gap.

I literally have no sense of style, so my only personal rules are to never wear pants that have an elastic waist, and never wear shirts that don't have sleeves . No t-shirts. Before I got old I would waive the collar rule if it was appropriate to show a bit of décolleté, but I have given that up gracefully of late.

But I literally could dress like those women in the 40's right now.

As for other fashion eras, I don't care what people say about shoulder pads...I think that the 80's were a great look.
    Last edited by angelatc; 04-26-2015 at 09:43 AM.

Nice pool, Terry.

Also glass in the pool will tear the liner, not good.

My kids want to make a sign for our pool and these are the ones they're trying to decide between.

1. This is actually a rule.

2. My 14 yo son wants to make this shark longer

and write this on it

They think it will go nicely with the Buttweiser neon hanging on the porch. I'm trying to have a nice pretty area to entertain and they keep jacking it up with their tacky crap.

Those pool liners are not cheap either--we've had ours replaced once already and my friend across the street had her inground liner replaced at the tune of thousands of dollars too. We bought the extra thick liner because they last a lot longer. They're more expensive, but our other neighbor on the other side who has an above ground too, he put in a cheap liner and the bugs ate right through it not to mention the rocks in the sand poked holes in it too.

Those signs are so cute, I like them all especially the first one and the shark . I have a problem with the kids walking behind my house and getting on my deck trying to access the pool. The only way they can get to our pool is through our back deck and down those stairs. I've had to put locks on the gates because the little girl across the street keeps trying to get to the pool. I think this year we're going to spend the money to have the deck expanded around the pool and with railings on the outside to keep the kids out. I don't care if they want to swim with their parents there, but I'm not their baby sitter and don't need that liability at all.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I was fortunate in that even when I was maintaining my girlish figure, i had curves. That made it easier to wear low end clothes, except that button blouses usually wanted to gap.

I literally have no sense of style, so my only personal rules are to never wear pants that have an elastic waist, and never wear shirts that don't have sleeves . No t-shirts. Before I got old I would waive the collar rule if it was appropriate to show a bit of décolleté, but I have given that up gracefully of late.

As for other fashion eras, I don't care what people say about shoulder pads...I think that the 80's were a great look.
    I am totally out of the box with today's styles. I still have some Liz Claiborne swing style blazers with shoulder pads that I love and still get a lot of compliments on them. I've embellished the edges with decorative stitching and added buttons as well. I sort of reinvent my own style from stuff that I've had for decades. I'm one of those people who hate to get rid of anything when I know that I can repurpose or reinvent it somehow. I take really good care of my clothes, so they last and look good for a long time.

I'm a conservative dresser too. I like comfortable loose fitting clothes that hide the bad stuff and accentuate the good stuff--Lol I love reds, yellows, blues, olive greens plaids and khaki. When I dress up now--the highest heels I wear are those kitten heels. The hub is only about three inches taller than me, so he's not a fan of me towering over him. So I wear the lower heels so he's always got at least an inch above me.

LOL
    Swish! Candies for cuties and the headlight in the hair do.

What 1939 Thought Fashion in 2000 Would Look Like

I am totally out of the box with today's styles. I still have some Liz Claiborne swing style blazers with shoulder pads that I love and still get a lot of compliments on them. I've embellished the edges with decorative stitching and added buttons as well. I sort of reinvent my own style from stuff that I've had for decades. I'm one of those people who hate to get rid of anything when I know that I can repurpose or reinvent it somehow. I take really good care of my clothes, so they last and look good for a long time.

I'm a conservative dresser too. I like comfortable loose fitting clothes that hide the bad stuff and accentuate the good stuff--Lol I love reds, yellows, blues, olive greens plaids and khaki. When I dress up now--the highest heels I wear are those kitten heels. The hub is only about three inches taller than me, so he's not a fan of me towering over him. So I wear the lower heels so he's always got at least an inch above me.
    I had an awesome Liz Claiborne long pullover sweater with small shoulder pads. It had a matching long patterned skirt. I wish I hadn't got rid of it because it really was a flattering look. I've even tried to find it again on vintage sites. It was circa 1986.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

Nice thing about being scrawny (at least around here) is that I can always find good stuff in my size at the 2nd hand stores. Shoes are a different story.

Personally, I prefer 20's/30's looks over 80's anyday. I always cut out shoulder pads because they annoyed me.

I don't do cleavage, cuz I ain't got none. I have the chest of a malnourished African child.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Making this for the front door Spring decoration instead of the usual wreath. I thought it was so cute.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Making this for the front door Spring decoration instead of the usual wreath. I thought it was so cute.
    Adorable!

I need a new washer and dryer so I decided to redo the laundry closet. Actually, the washer is on the fritz and I'm trying to make my husband understand how that translates into a new matching dryer and new cabinets. LOL, men!

Your hubby is 16 y/o? Talk about robbing teh cradle, Mrs Robinson!
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Adorable!

I need a new washer and dryer so I decided to redo the laundry closet. Actually, the washer is on the fritz and I'm trying to make my husband understand how that translates into a new matching dryer and new cabinets. LOL, men!
    Here's what I did back in 2007, I got tired of lugging laundry up and down the basement stairs and had a wall put in my kitchen to support the gas dryer and washer and fridge. I love having my laundry in the kitchen. I didn't really have another good place to put a laundry room upstairs, but this worked out really well. That wall alone with all of the plumbing and electrical was about 4000.00 all by itself, but it was well worth it to me.

I bought a new upright freezer to go where the old fridge hole was between the counters to fill that space after we bought the new fridge. Now I don't have to run downstairs to get anything out of the deep freeze either.

Taking mom to the dr and going washer and dryer shopping.

Taking mom to the dr and going washer and dryer shopping.

Cool--I want to see what you get. Are you going for the front or top loaders? I love my front loaders. Don't buy the LG like I have. Hub's replaced both pumps twice on the washer already because they have cheap plastic parts. We've replaced the dryer rollers once so far too. The rollers lasted about 5 years and the pumps about the same. I won't buy this brand again next time. I do a ton of laundry every single day though--so I probably use mine more than the average. The only thing I really like about these is that they're stackable and they're extra large capacity. I can do huge comforters and pillows in these that I used to have to take to the cleaners to wash.

I got my set!!! Yay! I'm not getting delivery until May 19th because the dryer is out of stock until then. That's fine, it gives me time to paint and install new cabinets.

LG 9 Cu. Ft. TrueSteam™ Electric Dryer (Pedestal Sold Separately)
    http://www.hhgregg.com/lg-9-cu-ft-tr...item/DLEX8000W

LG 5.2 Cu. Ft. Steam Front-Load Washer (Pedestal Sold Separately)
    http://www.hhgregg.com/lg-5-2-cu-ft-...item/WM8000HWA

I got my set!!! Yay! I'm not getting delivery until May 19th because the dryer is out of stock until then. That's fine, it gives me time to paint and install new cabinets.

LG 9 Cu. Ft. TrueSteam™ Electric Dryer (Pedestal Sold Separately)
    http://www.hhgregg.com/lg-9-cu-ft-tr...item/DLEX8000W

LG 5.2 Cu. Ft. Steam Front-Load Washer (Pedestal Sold Separately)
    http://www.hhgregg.com/lg-5-2-cu-ft-...item/WM8000HWA

Oh nice! Love the new look on the LG. I love my front loaders for sure. You can wash anything in them. Now you're gonna be looking for stuff to wash. Lol

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh nice! Love the new look on the LG. I love my front loaders for sure. You can wash anything in them. Now you're gonna be looking for stuff to wash. Lol
    I won't have to look far, we're kind of a dirty people.

I won't have to look far, we're kind of a dirty people.
    Mine run almost 24/7 with my two peeps, hubs clothes and the bedding. I've got all my settings pre-set already and that sensor dry works really well too. I also use that steam feature to take wrinkles out of stuff that's been in the drawers for a while before I put it on. And being able to wash comforters now instead of having to haul them to the cleaners is really nice. You're gonna love those!

Here's what I did back in 2007, I got tired of lugging laundry up and down the basement stairs and had a wall put in my kitchen to support the gas dryer and washer and fridge. I love having my laundry in the kitchen. I didn't really have another good place to put a laundry room upstairs, but this worked out really well. That wall alone with all of the plumbing and electrical was about 4000.00 all by itself, but it was well worth it to me.

If yer washer ever starts leaking (as happens to some models after some aging), you're not going to like that so much...

If yer washer ever starts leaking (as happens to some models after some aging), you're not going to like that so much...
    Mine are upstairs and I keep a close eye out for leaks.

My brother in law had a washer hose burst in his house and it ran all night. His was upstairs too, btw, and did thousands of dollars in damage to his house. The drop ceiling in the basement even collapsed.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I'm thinking about this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Along with this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To save money on small loads and to have a system upstairs.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

I bought a new upright freezer to go where the old fridge hole was between the counters to fill that space after we bought the new fridge. Now I don't have to run downstairs to get anything out of the deep freeze either.

We have the same sugar shaker and cabinets, only you have a lot more. I like the toaster. But is that a decorative panel on your dishwasher? Very clever! How did you do that?

I'm thinking about this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Along with this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To save money on small loads and to have a system upstairs.
    I am just going to put my laundry room upstairs when we remodel that area.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast