Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES LOUNGE: Frugal finds, decorating, fun fashion, beauty and thrifting hauls.

LADIES LOUNGE: Frugal finds, decorating, fun fashion, beauty and thrifting hauls.

Don't now if this will take off or not, but a break from the boring everyday hum-drum discussion. I am a thrift shopper who loves a bargain--any bargain. I have an addiction to the Dollar stores--especially The Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Big Lots, Ocean State Job Lots or online clearance sales, yard sales--basically where I can find them.

Show off your latest bargains, finds, creations, decorations, fashion or beauty stuff.

Latest great find--love this nail polish:

Made this wreath for under 15.00 from the Dollar Tree store. If you bought this made, it would probably cost anywhere from 50.00 on up. Bought all of the flowers from the Dollar Tree--I already had a wreath to use or you could use a thin swimming pool noodle glued and taped together at the ends and taped. Wrap in ribbon, then hot glue the flowers. You'll need a wire cutter to snip the stems and glue them in place.

Needed a pharmacy box for downstairs meds. So here's what I got for under 20.00 on Amazon.

Needed drawer organizers for the kitchen junk drawers: Odds and ends box holds screws, nails, pins, tacks, blades, batteries, hooks, tape--just odds and ends you end up with and need later on. Fits perfect in the drawers. 5.00 at Walmart.

This is what I've been up to lately.

Crazy winter hat--9.00

Joey Scrunch boot--normally 130.00 at Jessica London--got em for 45.00 on clearance.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cool...our own Pinterest

Check this out. Found this at a yard sale--not with the frame for 1.00. Didn't have the artists name on it, so I did some research on it and it turned out to be a Paul Detlefsen print called "Happy Days" on hard board and worth a couple hundred bucks in the shape it was in. I found this under a bunch of old dirty books at a yard sale. I had it framed and here's what it looks like now.

Last edited by Terry1; 03-28-2015 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Cool...our own Pinterest

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Show me your cool stuff.

I just got a new swimsuit at Kohls. The sale price combined with my coupon and Kohls cash made it only 5.00.

Just bought this too. Love this lip balm. Prices on this are all over the place depending on where you buy it. I spent 7.00 on mine, but I've seen it for as cheap as 3.00 on some sites too. Got mine at the grocery store.

I just got a new swimsuit at Kohls. The sale price combined with my coupon and Kohls cash made it only 5.00.

Oh--love that tankini! I've got one too in teal with some black boy shorts to go with it. Love that one.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been redoing my living room for the first time in about 14 years. Here's a signed piece I had framed by one of my favorite artists. I have several pieces of his work but this is my favorite. I can't say it was a huge bargain but I did get a discount.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	3971

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    Just bought this too. Love this lip balm. Prices on this are all over the place depending on where you buy it. I spent 7.00 on mine, but I've seen it for as cheap as 3.00 on some sites too. Got mine at the grocery store.

Never tried that one. I don't wear lipstick anymore and opt for tinted lip balm when I'm dressing up.

My favorite so far has been this one ...

Another great find and bargain is "ipsy glam bag". You spend 10.00 a month and get all kinds of great new makeup and beauty stuff in a bag every month tailored to your skin, eyes and hair color. Every month you get a different color makeup bag full of stuff well worth over 10.00. Love this too.

https://www.ipsy.com/

Never tried that one. I don't wear lipstick anymore and opt for tinted lip balm when I'm dressing up.

My favorite so far has been this one ...

Never heard of it, but I like it. I'll check it out.

I found a beautiful Talbots silk sweater at the thrift store for $2.00. I would post a pic but my mom like it so much she took it to Florida with her. It's a lightweight spring/summer cardigan.

I've been redoing my living room for the first time in about 14 years. Here's a signed piece I had framed by one of my favorite artists. I have several pieces of his work but this is my favorite. I can't say it was a huge bargain but I did get a discount.

Beautiful! Love it.

This table was $600. We found it at another furniture store for $300 and our furniture place where we buy does price matching. We had a $300 store credit gift for purchasing a tv stand there so this ended up costing us ZERO. It's solid mango wood which matches our tv stand.

Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	3972

I found a beautiful Talbots silk sweater at the thrift store for $2.00. I would post a pic but my mom like it so much she took it to Florida with her. It's a lightweight spring/summer cardigan.
    Love shopping at the thrift store too. I have found so much great stuff in there and some still with the tags on them. Last summer I found a complete set of wicker furniture/ five pieces, two chairs, coffee table and settee for 20.00 at the Salvation Army store--all they needed was some white spray paint and looked brand new.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This table was $600. We found it at another furniture store for $300 and our furniture place where we buy does price matching. We had a $300 store credit gift for purchasing a tv stand there so this ended up costing us ZERO. It's solid mango wood which matches our tv stand.

Wow! gorgeous!

Beautiful and an unbeatable bargain, WTG. I like the pic too.

Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	3972

This is the exact same color nail polish I use in the summer, matches everything and looks great on tanned feet.

This is the exact same color nail polish I use in the summer, matches everything and looks great on tanned feet.
    The one I got is call Champagne Toast. This nail polish lasts at least a week on my nails before I've got to redo them. Yeah, love this stuff. I like the light pinks too. Just had my toenails done--getting ready for the flip-flops. The weather sucks today--it actually snowed here, but it's melting as soon as it hits.

Got this chair on Craigslist for $40. That and the table is about all I've gotten a bargain on lately. I don't like shopping much unless it's for something specific.

Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	3973

I recently bought myself a new pair of sunglasses. They're Maui Jim's Baby Beach, they weren't really a bargain ($300.00) but I love 'em. I thought they were Ray Ban's until the other day when I noticed the case said Maui Jim on it.

Got this chair on Craigslist for $40. That and the table is about all I've gotten a bargain on lately. I don't like shopping much unless it's for something specific.

Beautiful! Great find. I love Craigslist too. I just saw a chair that I almost got in the car and drove 150 miles to New York to go get it, but changed my mind. It was an all leather winged backed button tucked chair worth well over 1000.00 bucks that a church was basically giving away at that price. The only thing that held me back was the crappy weather and icy roads--otherwise--I would have jumped on that one. lol

Beautiful! Great find. I love Craigslist too. I just saw a chair that I almost got in the car and drove 150 miles to New York to go get it, but changed my mind. It was an all leather winged backed button tucked chair worth well over 1000.00 bucks that a church was basically giving away at that price. The only thing that held me back was the crappy weather and icy roads--otherwise--I would have jumped on that one. lol

Wow..that would've been almost worth it. We just bought a new sofa and chair but I needed an extra chair so was happy to find this. I've found some good deals on CL over the years and I'm getting ready to sell some other stuff on there.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I recently bought myself a new pair of sunglasses. They're Maui Jim's Baby Beach, they weren't really a bargain ($300.00) but I love 'em. I thought they were Ray Ban's until the other day when I noticed the case said Maui Jim on it.

I WANT! Yeah--there's just some stuff one can't cheap out on and sunglasses are one of them for me too. I have magnetic clip on's to go over my scripts that I love. I bought the hub a 200.00 pair of Sarengetti's to leave in his car.

Wow..that would've been almost worth it. We just bought a new sofa and chair but I needed an extra chair so was happy to find this. I've found some good deals on CL over the years and I'm getting ready to sell some other stuff on there.
    At the end of May, both the hub and I are taking some vacation time. We're renting one of those huge steel dumpsters and getting rid of tons of stuff. Old furniture and household stuff that I don't have the time to sell in a yard sale. I love to go to them, but I've tried putting a yard sale together before with my friend across the street and we worked ourselves to death for to little money. We both decided that from now on--it goes in the dumpster unless I can get a charity truck to come pick it all up at once.

Over the winter the local tattoo parlour put a nice swivel patio chair behind their dumpster and I grabbed it. It doesn't match our set but you always need extra chairs around the pool. One of the men working there saw me trying to wrestle it into my van and came out and loaded it for me.

They also had a very cool table set out behind their dumpster one day but I couldn't stop and when I went back it was gone. It had really neat airbrush on it, not my taste but my teenage sons would've loved it. Oh well...

I WANT! Yeah--there's just some stuff one can't cheap out on and sunglasses are one of them for me too. I have magnetic clip on's to go over my scripts that I love. I bought the hub a 200.00 pair of Sarengetti's to leave in his car.
    Holy Smoke...and I thought I was being spendthrift, buying $90 Ray Bans.

Carry on, ladies.

At the end of May, both the hub and I are taking some vacation time. We're renting one of those huge steel dumpsters and getting rid of tons of stuff. Old furniture and household stuff that I don't have the time to sell in a yard sale. I love to go to them, but I've tried putting a yard sale together before with my friend across the street and we worked ourselves to death for to little money. We both decided that from now on--it goes in the dumpster unless I can get a charity truck to come pick it all up at once.
    I wouldn't rent a dumpster, call a charity there are lot of them around here that will send out trucks to pick up large loads or post an ad in Craigslist for free stuff.

Over the winter the local tattoo parlour put a nice swivel patio chair behind their dumpster and I grabbed it. It doesn't match our set but you always need extra chairs around the pool. One of the men working there saw me trying to wrestle it into my van and came out and loaded it for me.

They also had a very cool table set out behind their dumpster one day but I couldn't stop and when I went back it was gone. It had really neat airbrush on it, not my taste but my teenage sons would've loved it. Oh well...
    Oh man, I'd be dumpster diving too. You probably heard heavenly music when you saw that find--LOl You should see the stuff people in my neighborhood put on the curb on bulk pickup day! I have to restrain myself all of the time. Anything I've put on my curb in front of the house is always gone the next day. lol I put a dresser and chest of drawers out there one night and they were gone the next morning. It's great--I never have to pay a pick-up fee.

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast