Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES LOUNGE: Frugal finds, decorating, fun fashion, beauty and thrifting hauls.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Good point on the white, I didn't think of that but I'm too short to wear long dresses. I like short-short dresses, they make my legs look longer.
    Sexyanimal! w00t!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Sexyanimal! w00t!
    I do love muh slutty dresses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I do love muh slutty dresses.
    Pics or it didn't happen. ~hugs~
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Here's the dress on me with the shoes I'm thinking of wearing...Too short? The slip part covers the naughty bits but I think if I wear nude panties no one will notice a little slip up.

Pics or it didn't happen. ~hugs~
    Well, there's one of them.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Re the facial stuff.. have you seen the peels that are using elmers glue an charcoal to pull out blackheads and dead skin? There are a bunch or them on youtube. I keep charcoal around.. haven't gotten around to trying it.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Re the facial stuff.. have you seen the peels that are using elmers glue an charcoal to pull out blackheads and dead skin? There are a bunch or them on youtube. I keep charcoal around.. haven't gotten around to trying it.
    Yeah, I've seen those. I keep charcoal around, too. I think I need something stronger, though. I ordered the enzyme peel and figured I would do a test patch somewhere inconspicuous first to see if I react badly to it. I used a Neutorgena mask on my face once and I looked and felt like I had a terrible sunburn for a day.

Hey, I dropped some stuff off at Goodwill this morning and decided to walk around to see what all they had there. I found an Epiphone Hummingbird acoustic guitar in mint condition just sitting there in the corner. So, I bought it. It just needs some tuning, I suppose. 50 bucks.

Plus, my hat came this week, too. http://www.amazon.com/Outback-Tradin...N2S55Z8MEM5RW8
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-10-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Hey, I dropped some stuff off at Goodwill this morning and decided to walk around to see what all they had there. I found an Epiphone Hummingbird acoustic guitar in mint condition just sitting there in the corner. So, I bought it. It just needs some tuning, I suppose. 50 bucks.

Plus, my hat came this week, too. http://www.amazon.com/Outback-Tradin...N2S55Z8MEM5RW8
    Nice. I have a straw cowgirl hat with a turquoise headband.

I'm on ebay eyeing a snakeskin jacket. Tacky or not tacky? My girlfriend says tacky but she also said I have the personality to pull it off - I'm not sure if that was an insult.

Anyway, Tacky or cool?

There's this one with tan

And this one is black and white - it's the same style as the other one but the tie belt isn't shown in this pic.

Browsing drop earrings on ebay - the look on her face, LOL!

I don't think she likes those earrings.

I'm on ebay eyeing a snakeskin jacket. Tacky or not tacky? My girlfriend says tacky but she also said I have the personality to pull it off - I'm not sure if that was an insult.

Anyway, Tacky or cool?

And this one is black and white - it's the same style as the other one but the tie belt isn't shown in this pic.

I like the black and white

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I like the black and white
    I like that one the best, too. I think it would look great in the winter with a black turtleneck, gray slacks, and heels. I wear a lot of black and I'm always looking for ways to add zing to a plain outfit.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How can you be thinking of jackets when it's hot outside?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

The womenfolk are bat$#@! crazy.

I like that one the best, too. I think it would look great in the winter with a black turtleneck, gray slacks, and heels. I wear a lot of black and I'm always looking for ways to add zing to a plain outfit.
    Or with black leggings and black knee high riding boots

I always shop out of season - especially for more expensive things. You get the best deals that way. I got a beautiful Calvin Klein wool coat in April for around $20 and a Calvin Klein sweater dress that I had my eye on at Saks for $15.00 - the dress retailed for over $100. I got boots at Nine West in the spring that were originally over $100.00 for around $20.00. Oh, and I got a couple of Ann Taylor sweaters for 3.00 at the thrift store - no one's looking for sweaters in the summer so I can usually snap up some good deals.

Hey! I'm not bat$#@! crazy. I prefer the term 'touched in the head'.

I like it! I don't really have tops, bottoms, or dresses in prints but I like to buy jackets, purses, and shoes in crazy prints to snazz things up. My basic look is very plain with one crazy accent.

accessorize with a riding crop?
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Because this thread is about frugal finds and the best deals are found during an off season?

Anyway, Tacky or cool?

Tan, IMHO. Of course you are going to have to find a deal on the boots that go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post

Wow what a find. I love humming bird guitars I repeat,wow what a find!

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    *peaks inside shirt* um.. I resemble the womenfolk part of that sentence
    I prefer eccentric and free spirited

Where is Terry?

Where is Terry?
    I dunno. I miss her. Anyone have her e-mail? @angelatc ?

I dunno. I miss her. Anyone have her e-mail? @angelatc ?
    I do not. A little ways back, I sent her a message through the forum, hoping that she'd get a "You have a private message" notification but no response.

Maybe you should try.

I think I found the perfect t-shirt/tunic top. I've been looking for a tunic that doesn't look like a maternity shirt, have the dumb high/low hem ( I don't like that), or have a bunch of goofy $#@! on it - I'm very particular about embellishments. I'm not really liking the crochet and lace accents I see being tacked on everything these days. I was looking for something fitted in the shoulders and slightly (read, SLIGHTLY) flared through the waist to give my Franzia belly bump a little coverage in jeggings. I found it!!! YAY!

Here it is. It's soft, comfortable, not too long but long enough on me (5'4") to cover my little belly bump and my butt in super skinny jeans and jeggings - hits me just where it does the model, thin but not sheer (I got the black), flowy but not clingy. It's a juniors so it runs a bit smaller than women's - it seems like the juniors is narrower in the shoulders. I generally wear a small or medium depending on the manufacturer and the cut - I bought this in medium and it fits perfectly so it's not too far off. The small would probably fit me but I wanted to give it some room for shrinkage and I was looking for a looser fit. If you want it snug or have very narrow shoulders order your regular size, if you want a looser fit order a size up.

This is seriously a great t-shirt and not super expensive. Because of the fabric, it can be dressed up or down depending on what you wear it with. It's on sale for $11 dollars and they have a 15% off with the code TAKE15JULY but if you wait, they'll probably have a 20% off soon. I checked and it said it's in my local store (you can check on the website) if you want to try it on first or just want that and don't want to buy enough for free shipping. The funny thing is, I didn't think I would like it - I only bought it to put something else in my cart for free shipping and figured it would be going back but I love it - it's exactly what I've been looking for. I have these really cute black and white hounds-tooth capri length jeggings (they run long so they're more like ankle length on me) that I bought at Walmart on a whim. I figured they would stretch out as I wore them and look like crap (that's a problem I've found with jeggings) but they were so cute and cheap I figured I would give them a shot. Anyway, I wore them around the house all day doing housework - bending, sitting on the floor, squatting and they still looked great at the end of the day. No bagging in the butt or knees. I felt like I was wearing pj's all day - it was great. Anyway, I wanted a longer length black t-shirt to wear with them and now I have it. YAAAAYYYY!!!

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-259...sp?color=Black

Here are the jeggings I mentioned. These are great, too. They're longer on me - almost to my ankles (other reviers said the same thing) and they're only $7.50 online. These are true to size. I wear a 4 or a 6 and the small's fit perfect. I'm wide waisted, narrow in the hips and don't have much junk in my trunk - if you're more apple bottomed, you may want to go up a size. If you don't want them tight, you can order up a size and they'll fit more like slender cut pants. I saw one woman my size who ordered a large and said they look great that way, too.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Faded-Glor...inted/46708147

So, there ya go. Pair it with some black sandals, espadrilles, ballet flats, or wedges and a little jewelry - I'll probably wear a long necklace because the top's so plain and you have a cute and comfortable outfit for under $20 bucks with pieces you can mix. These pieces feel like you'e wearing pajamas; I love it!

I also bought this sweater from Kohls and it's really nice quality. It was 6.90 before my coupon. I got the navy but I have some Kohls cash and I may get the yellow, too.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-222...Clearance=true

Also, I'm trying to come up with ways to snazz up my booze cart. I used to keep my lickas in the kitchen but I had this old cart in my garage and I got sick of people (Mr Animal) tracking water in the house from the pool to fix a cocktail. Now, I keep it by the backdoor when it's not being used and push it out on the porch or patio when we're outside. It's working great but it looks like crap from years of abuse and I think it needs something to keep the bottles from sliding off - we've had a few close calls pushing it around.

As you can see, it's pretty ghetto. I was thinking about painting it a shiny black and making a wood tray with a decent lip to set on the top. That's the best I've got, any good ideas?

Target has a lot of 2-fers with a $5 gift card. I got two two-packs of contact lens solution. That made one bottle free, basically.

Time to clean out those medicine cabinets. Our bathroom closet . I won't give details, but the clutter was not solely my fault.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also, I'm trying to come up with ways to snazz up my booze cart. I used to keep my lickas in the kitchen but I had this old cart in my garage and I got sick of people (Mr Animal) tracking water in the house from the pool to fix a cocktail. Now, I keep it by the backdoor when it's not being used and push it out on the porch or patio when we're outside. It's working great but it looks like crap from years of abuse and I think it needs something to keep the bottles from sliding off - we've had a few close calls pushing it around.

As you can see, it's pretty ghetto. I was thinking about painting it a shiny black and making a wood tray with a decent lip to set on the top. That's the best I've got, any good ideas?

You could get a no-skid mat, cut it into fancy patterns (perhaps find some stencils), and glue it to the table. y/w. xoxo

That's a beautiful cart, Suzanimal. The black sounds nice. What would a mirror tray look like on the top? I have always thought liquors were beautiful colors. Light reflecting through the bottles would be pretty.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast