Thread: Where are the mods?

Where are the mods?

Are there any mods around or are any of them paying attention?

There's a big difference between people trying to get information or being concerned with how the blimp is being handled vs people who are purposely trying to derail the blimp thru subversion and chaos.

Can we do something about this?
    Last edited by rrroae; 12-04-2007 at 03:40 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are 100% right, the people promoting spamming need to be banned.

It is hard to get through the new posts when half of them are people complaining about this or that.

I come here to get the news, not watch the constant battling.

There is a huge difference between constructive criticism and lashing out. If your entire existence here is to drown out the other party besides bringing ideas, then there is no need for you here, whether you are for or against this project.

Remember, RP said to have fun!

really its getting absurd

Someone needs to get control of this zoo before we lose any chance of getting the Blimp off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by millerjd View Post
    There is a huge difference between constructive criticism and lashing out.
    QFT!

I can understand if people have questions. But the proper thing to do if you have questions is to ask them -- not to personally attack those involved or make baseless accusations. The amount of anger and malice coming from some is truly sickening.
    “It is in war that the State really comes into its own: swelling in power, in number, in pride, in absolute dominion over the economy and the society.” -- Murray Rothbard

Actually, I am more inclined to suggest agent provocateurs would be siding with the Blimp, it would provide the perfect launching pad to abuse Ron Paul supporters with genuine concerns about the affairs of the Blimp, while the attacks seemingly are justified.

Just a thought.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus4RP View Post
    Actually, I am more inclined to suggest agent provocateurs would be siding with the Blimp, it would provide the perfect launching pad to abuse Ron Paul supporters with genuine concerns about the affairs of the Blimp, while the attacks seemingly are justified.

Just a thought.
    Yes. Some of us believe this has been going on for sometime, that's why we need to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aus4RP View Post

Just a thought.
    I know everyone loves this explanation, but I really don't think that's case. I keep running into these same $#@!s in other threads actually being helpful to other projects. They really just do have a bug up their ass about the blimp company.

Not that it excuses their behavior, and I swear, they do not want to cross paths with me in person.

But seriously... WHERE ARE THE MODS? Please save us.

Quote Originally Posted by OferNave View Post
    I know everyone loves this explanation, but I really don't think that's case. I keep running into these same $#@!s in other threads actually being helpful to other projects. They really just do have a bug up their ass about the blimp company.

Not that it excuses their behavior, and I swear, they do not want to cross paths with me in person.
    Yeah I know where you're coming from, they are becoming very repetitive. I wouldn't say trollish behavior, maybe just a bit of a chip on their shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    It is hard to get through the new posts when half of them are people complaining about this or that.

I come here to get the news, not watch the constant battling.
    EXACTLY one of the reasons RonPaulBlimp.com needs a forum!

Then the owners have admin control of the forum,
    and it would be easy to find and share info.

See what I mean? They can admin the forum there!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    EXACTLY one of the reasons RonPaulBlimp.com needs a forum!

Then the owners have admin control of the forum,
    and it would be easy to find and share info.

See what I mean? They can admin the forum there!
    I agree with moving the forum, but the problem is that if easily accessible, negativity may follow. Criticism is fine, but people will join just to be negative, not specifically from this forum either. Negativity will bring people down.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    You are 100% right, the people promoting spamming need to be banned.
    generally, promoting a cause (say, the blimp), from within a forum setup for that cause (say, the blimp forum), is seen as acceptable behavior.
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

I agree with moving the forum, but the problem is that if easily accessible, negativity may follow. Criticism is fine, but people will join just to be negative, not specifically from this forum either. Negativity will bring people down.
    That's why I repeated "admin" twice. They have immediate control. Nip it in the bud.

They can keep things from getting out of control. Administration privileges and all.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That's why I repeated "admin" twice. They have immediate control. Nip it in the bud.

They can keep things from getting out of control. Administration privileges and all.
    Sounds like we have a new volunteer admin
    I'd love to help out in any non-financial way possible as well...

Sounds like we have a new volunteer admin
    I'd love to help out in any non-financial way possible as well...
    Yeah, I just started a couple forums and am learning all kinds of things.

Find, click, delete. Very simple. Admin privledges ROCK!!

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    PM me a summary. I'll check on what has been flagged..
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Maybe a few extra moderators is something to consider?

They dont have to have full admin rights. But just a few extra eyes could help correct threads straight off before they derail.

Just a suggestion.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Delain View Post
    Maybe a few extra moderators is something to consider?

They dont have to have full admin rights. But just a few extra eyes could help correct threads straight off before they derail.

Just a suggestion.
    Thanks. That's happening today actually.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.