Thread: Hillary Clinton reportedly wiped email server clean, didn’t respond to Benghazi subpoena

Hillary Clinton reportedly wiped email server clean, didn’t respond to Benghazi subpoena

Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. (Reuters / Kevin Lamarque)

The chair of the Republican-led congressional panel investigating the 2012 Benghazi attacks said former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton failed to respond to a subpoena for her private server, which she had used for government business.

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), who heads the House Select Committee on Benghazi panel, said Clinton had not provided a single new document and had wiped her server clean, reported Reuters.

"We learned today, from her attorney, Secretary Clinton unilaterally decided to wipe her server clean and permanently delete all emails from her personal server," Gowdy said in a statement.

The development is the latest wrinkle in the press and government's scrutiny over Clinton's use of a personal email address to conduct government business. There is concern that her email account was not as secure as the State Department's network, leaving her correspondence vulnerable to hackers and foreign nations.

Continued - Hillary Clinton reportedly wiped email server clean, didn’t respond to Benghazi subpoena

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She should be behind bars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Now why would she do that? Hmmm...
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

I'm betting the ol' witch didn't "wipe" anything 'lectronic.....

If the data is in fact gone it was accomplished by some tech-savvy minion....

Where's GuChipher when you need him? <s>

I hope this stops any chance of her seeking the 2016 Presidential run.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I think the whole thing is just about another reason to keep talk of cyber-security in everyone's mind. I mean, do we honestly think that anything we delete or wipe is ever really gone forever? I wouldn't think so. Doesn't mean I'm right. I just don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I think the whole thing is just about another reason to keep talk of cyber-security in everyone's mind. I mean, do we honestly think that anything we delete or wipe is ever really gone forever? I wouldn't think so. Doesn't mean I'm right. I just don't think so.
    Great point. Yeah that is what they are pushing for is control over the internet. <smacks forehead>
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Just as Bubba taught her, no doubt.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If you go read the comments about this on HuffyPo, the Dems are giving her a 100% free pass on this and it's just a GOP witch hunt and there should be no issue whatsoever with her deleting her emails.

Just swap out the "dirty" drives with "clean" ones.

Even simpler and easier with using USB multi-gig jump drives.

Piece of cake. <shrug>

I can picture hillary in her backyard around a campfire laughing hysterically as she cooks up some marsh mellows and hard drives.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Last edited by specsaregood; 05-20-2016 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    If you go read the comments about this on HuffyPo, the Dems are giving her a 100% free pass on this and it's just a GOP witch hunt and there should be no issue whatsoever with her deleting her emails.
    Disgusting.

These people are just blind party bilge suckers who will stick up for Hillarlity no matter one. They wouldn't miss a beat defending her if they exhumed a body in (one of her) backyards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

i'm getting tired of this Benghazi blitz focusing on such somewhat stupid facets of this incident: blaming it on a video.... missing emails... etc.

we've got a goddamn cia base burned up in a country that Hillary destabilized (blew up) and the primarily republican witch hunt is about what was said on Sunday talk shows and who's funding the Clinton foundation.

not saying the email scandal is not legit and concerning, but any Benghazi investigation should address the reason these 4 Americans died: intervention. this should be a foreign policy failure investigation and any mention of Chelsea's wedding plans does nothing but detract from these epic problems.

oh well, LOOK! A SQUIRREL!
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    i'm getting tired of this Benghazi blitz focusing on such somewhat stupid facets of this incident: blaming it on a video.... missing emails... etc.

we've got a goddamn cia base burned up in a country that Hillary destabilized (blew up) and the primarily republican witch hunt is about what was said on Sunday talk shows and who's funding the Clinton foundation.

not saying the email scandal is not legit and concerning, but any Benghazi investigation should address the reason these 4 Americans died: intervention. this should be a foreign policy failure investigation and any mention of Chelsea's wedding plans does nothing but detract from these epic problems.

oh well, LOOK! A SQUIRREL!
    Quick, everyone go +rep surf...

Aside, China is certainly expanding. And they're expanding as a direct result of our own foreign policy/coup in the Ukraine. So, yes...foreign policy is 100% counterintuitive. A failure.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 03-28-2015 at 11:20 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-20-2016 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Failure depends on your POV. Some might argue its all going according to plan.
    Yes, that is absolutely true. And a great point. I've mentioned my thought on that before. It isn't too far off to ask if we don't maybe have a few folks residing and functioning from within both mainstream political parties who are working in synergy to economically isolate the U.S. from the world. And that is directly relevant to the discussion here when we get into domestic and international clearing infrastructure combined with some of the foreign "policy" that we've seen of late.

Very, very good point, specs.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 03-28-2015 at 11:35 AM.

I would be curious to have access to that hard drive regardless to see if she zero'd it out.

Is this a psy-op to make us want PRISM?

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post
    I would be curious to have access to that hard drive regardless to see if she zero'd it out.
    If they are smart there won't be much left.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Who will have the balls to subpoena the NSA for all copies of her email?
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Vote her out

Lol
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Yes. Because the NSA does not have copies of this all. So why the theater is a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    This is what makes me think that there's nothing of actual substance to the matter. If there was, it would've been outed by now. Instead, it's just monkeys throwing poo at each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The email thing is the most likely of her things to deliver black and white law-breaking and jail-time.

Benghazi could make her look like she made a poor judgement call, but violating federal laws or committing perjury could put her in prison if anyone had the balls to prosecute.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care