Thread: Need meme ...I'm having a discussion about business owners being allowed to refuse service.

Question Need meme ...I'm having a discussion about business owners being allowed to refuse service.

Need meme ...I'm having a discussion about business owners being allowed to refuse service.

In a free society, a business owner should be allowed to refuse to anyone.
    That philosophy is libertarian, we can all agree....

But the government, due to the civil rights act, makes it where you can't do that.

Does anyone have some quotes or picture meme's to help illustrate the point?
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand."
    - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A quote of what I'm dealing with:

"You're arguing freedom to discriminate on ones own private property/business, which is currently against the law. What is to prevent someone from breaking other laws on his/her private property? How about consumer protection? You have a private enterprise, so you can cheat customers? What about raping someone on your property. It's your property. So why not break that law, too? Private business owners don't have that right because they decided to serve the public. Want to be racist? Stay on your property. If you bring it into the public, it's considered harassment, discrimination, or hate crimes. As soon as you invite the PUBLIC'S money onto your property, you must abide by society's rules, especially since my PUBLIC tax dollars provide infrastructure to run your business: public roads, telecommunications, USPS, IRS, and ect. Tell me, how would you feel if the same people barring homosexuals were, instead, barring (straight) war veterans?"
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory,
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox

Uhh. I hate memes. They are a main driver toward a devolution of society in the information age in my own personal view. A glorified dumbing down.

Why don't you just debate the feller? Who the heck takes a meme seriously anyway?
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 03-27-2015 at 07:33 PM.

Helps get the point across

This doesn't even sound good but maybe someone can fix it....

An image of klansmen saying they demand JayZ or whoever sign them to their record label.

Quote Originally Posted by V4Vendetta View Post
    Helps get the point across
    Yeah, I know. I get that. Heh.

Last edited by presence; 03-27-2015 at 08:30 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Thankyou Presence!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A quote of what I'm dealing with:

"You're arguing freedom to discriminate on ones own private property/business, which is currently against the law.... Want to be racist? Stay on your property...."
    You need a meme? it seems like you've already got one
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post

An image of klansmen saying they demand JayZ or whoever sign them to their record label.
    Closer to clansmen being allowed to attend a Jay Z concert.

Which they are.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Need meme ...I'm having a discussion about business owners being allowed to refuse service.

You missed a doozy of a discussion. Its a fun concept, but the core philosophy that creates the point is far from clear.

The broader problem though is you should be trying to convert people rather than win internet arguments. Even if you win the argument you will put off everyone reading it because you are claiming that what is most important to the future of America is the right to refuses service to someone, not based on their character, their past behaviour, or their attire, but solely on the basis of their skin colour.

You are appealing to their inner racist about why it libertarianism is the right system. How can that possibly seem like a good idea?
    In New Zealand:
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    Prostitution is legal

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I just picture an old black man that has a nice little coffee shop, when in walks the stereotype of a white racist skinhead, maybe with a confederate flag sewn on his sleeveless Levi jacket. When the white guy yells at the coffee shop owner to pour him a cup while using a racial epitaph. Now given that situation, how many good liberals would not stand behind the business owner and his right to refuse service to a hostile racist?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I just picture an old black man that has a nice little coffee shop, when in walks the stereotype of a white racist skinhead, maybe with a confederate flag sewn on his sleeveless Levi jacket. When the white guy yells at the coffee shop owner to pour him a cup while using a racial epitaph. Now given that situation, how many good liberals would not stand behind the business owner and his right to refuse service to a hostile racist?
    Its legal to refuse service to belligerent customers.

What he is wanting to change is to make it legal to refuse service to nice, well behaved, polite customers based on skin tone.

A better argument would be that you can't fix racism through legislation - that it hides it and makes it worse, or that we need to repeal drug laws because they are racist.

But no, what we need is to keep blacks out of our stores.
    Last edited by idiom; 03-27-2015 at 10:07 PM.
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

Probably not exactly what your looking for but it popped up on my FB.

But the government, due to the civil rights act, makes it where you can't do that.

Does anyone have some quotes or picture meme's to help illustrate the point?
    Or you could argue the facts of the law rather than trying to make some overgeneralized point.

Fact 1: The Nashville lunch counters were desegregated before the CRA passed simply from public protests and pressure.

Fact 2: Any restaurant that wants to can discriminate as long as they are 10 miles away from an interstate and buy only local food.

So the CRA is neither necessary to stop discrimination nor sufficient to stop it. That said, I don't believe that those who offer essential services like hospitals should be allowed to discriminate. Call me anti libertarian all you want to. I don't really care.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post

Klansman aren't covered by the CRA because they do not represent a protected class. To be a protected class you have to have a characteristic that is an "accident of birth" and unchangeable. You wonder why so may people argue that sexual orientation is strictly biological despite no scientific evidence of that? This is way. It's an attempt to move sexual orientation into being a protected class.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by jmdrake; 03-28-2015 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    You missed a doozy of a discussion. Its a fun concept, but the core philosophy that creates the point is far from clear.

The broader problem though is you should be trying to convert people rather than win internet arguments. Even if you win the argument you will put off everyone reading it because you are claiming that what is most important to the future of America is the right to refuses service to someone, not based on their character, their past behaviour, or their attire, but solely on the basis of their skin colour.

You are appealing to their inner racist about why it libertarianism is the right system. How can that possibly seem like a good idea?
    +rep! Really, find something to argue about that decent people might actually want to do. How about child labor laws? It can't be a good thing that children today are wasting time that they could be spending learning a useful trade playing video games. And now the federal government is trying to even stop kids on family farms from doing chores.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Most blacks simply wouldn't care.

let me dig up my pictures of rich black and gay business owners, hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

/END THREAD

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Create your own.

Example: Split image. On one side of the picture a white business owner smiling accepting money from a black couple. On the other side a check written out to stormfront. Tag line: Why would you want to force them to do business with you?

This could probably be applied across the board. Cake baker and gay couple. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Create your own.

Example: Split image. On one side of the picture a white business owner smiling accepting money from a black couple. On the other side a check written out to stormfront. Tag line: Why would you want to force them to do business with you?

This could probably be applied across the board. Cake baker and gay couple. Etc.
    Now that's the best argument yet! The "OMG! Klansmen get to eat at a black restaurant" argument put forward by John Stossel and others is just stupid. Membership in an organization does not make you part of a protected class and never will. A restaurant that served blacks but refused to service the NAACP could never be sued under the civil rights act. And during the era where the klan was actually strong there was no way for a black business to have white customers in some parts of the country and avoid klansmen. But yes, why would you want to force someone who hated you to take your money? The only exception to that is essential services like hospitals.

Does the bill restore/protect freedom for everyone or only those who wrap their crazy beliefs in mysticism?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.