Thread: Harry Reid will not seek re-election in 2016

Harry Reid will not seek re-election in 2016

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I remember that song from MTV's Remote Control gameshow...

Did Dirty Harry just have someone "make his day"? Could not vote the piece of $#@! out, even though we tried like hell...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    I remember that song from MTV's Remote Control gameshow...

Did Dirty Harry just have someone "make his day"? Could not vote the piece of $#@! out, even though we tried like hell...
    After being such a bully as majority leader it's probably no fun as minority leader. Hopefully Pelosi will join him in retirement.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Nevada folks- is there any hope at all that a liberty type candidate will win the GOP nomination to replace him?

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Praise The Lord !! Although the prick that takes his place will probably be just as bad. I'm hearing the name Chuck Schumer.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Praise The Lord !! Although the prick that takes his place will probably be just as bad. I'm hearing the name Chuck Schumer.
    Who is worse? Harry or Chuck?

Supposedly the Koch Brothers were going to pump billions into defeating him (and he barely beat a weak candidate in the last election) so I think he expected to lose anyways. Says he wants to free up money which would have gone to keeping his seat and using that instead to try to help candidates which could help them take back the Senate (Dems need a net of five more seats).

What's up Harry? Have you now stolen enough that with your Senate pension you're assured of a cushy retirement?

w00t!

Well what do ya know it's Chuck who is being anointed.

HARRY REID ENDORSES CHUCK SCHUMER TO SUCCEED HIM AS DEM LEADER

The same day he announced his decision not to run for reelection in 2016, Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) endorsed Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), the third ranking Senate Democrat, to succeed him.
    The Post reports that Reid anticipated Schumer would be able to replace him as the Democratic leader without opposition and that the number two in Senate Democratic leadership — Minority Whip Dick Durbin (D-IL) — would not make a play for the position.
    With the top dogs in his corner, Politico reports that Schumer is running for the position of Democratic Senate leader Friday and a source says he has already amassed enough support in the caucus to win the job.

I didn't like Harry Reid when he first became minority leader, but my respect for him grew as the years went by. Sad day for the Senate.

Lesson: Don't get rolled when your $#@!-faced in Las Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    I didn't like Harry Reid when he first became minority leader, but my respect for him grew as the years went by. Sad day for the Senate.
    I just threw up in my mouth.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Glad Hary Reid is saying adios. Now what POS is replacing him that we will all dislike just as much?

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    WHoever did that to him must have felt such satisfaction sinking their fist into that punchable face.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Maybe Sharron Angle will take another crack at it.
    Last edited by anaconda; 03-30-2015 at 01:21 AM.