Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Germanic Pagans - split thread

Germanic Pagans - split thread

Why?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Why?
    Bait swallowed.

There are many white people who worship their ancestors, but why do it? They are gods who can't save.
    Studying history is not worship.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Studying history is not worship.
    Sure. I study it too. But like Paul said in the book of Phillipians, I regard all things (including the worship of my ancestors) as complete garbage and feces compared to the surpassing worth of knowing the righteousness that comes from Christ. Once you know this, everything else becomes offensive to yiu, and you have a God-given desire to fight against anything that presents itself against the mind of Christ. I hope you know this one day my friend.

Sure. I study it too. But like Paul said in the book of Phillipians, I regard all things (including the worship of my ancestors) as complete garbage and feces compared to the surpassing worth of knowing the righteousness that comes from Christ. Once you know this, everything else becomes offensive to yiu, and you have a God-given desire to fight against anything that presents itself against the mind of Christ. I hope you know this one day my friend.
    Damnable they are! My eyes, that is.

I would add that once again a thread has been jacked by someone who would not keep himself behind the check of basic courtesy to others. A question was asked; a simple, valid question, and true to perfect predictability, religious irrelevancy had to be introduced. The whole world does not revolve around your belief system, much as I am sure that rages you. You would not simply allow the question to pass without responding in the typically self-absorbed manner those of your ilk are wont to do. You could not respond with either silence or a simple "no". Once again you had to alert the world to the "fact" that you know the ultimate truth and that those not of your mind are minor and "less-than", heaping insult upon insult by rubbing our noses in the fact of how offended you are by the beliefs of others.

No offense intended, but you are the worst brand of "Christian" that exists, to my damnable eyes, parading your faith about upon your sleeve in the very flavor of pride against which your own book so sternly warns. Your self-professed humilities are naught but window dressings that hide the endless hubris of the self-centered, nay, narcissistic man who simply cannot stand not to draw attention to himself, thinking himself clever in his efforts to make his noises look incidental to the ostensible purpose of "glorifying God", when in reality all you do is failingly and transparently attempt to glorify yourself. Is there any line other than perhaps "you ought to praise the magnificence of my most sacred and sizable penis" more childishly, baldly, and hopelessly hubris-laden and condescending than "I hope you know this one day my friend"? It is so thick, one could not cut it with a chainsaw.

Once again you will have to forgive me for uttering another cold truth: "Christians" such as yourself, and I am tempted to declare such not true Christians at all, are the reason the world has turned its face from the good teachings attributed to Jesus the Christ. You have taken the sound words of a world view and turned them into a political contest in which countless tens of millions of people have been butchered in the most unimaginably cruel and agonizing ways. It is men such as yourself, well intentioned as you may be, who have spread nothing better than death, disease, destruction, poverty, and endless misery to the four corners of the world, all the while disguising it in the false language of universal love, the reality being closer to the language of self-love run morbidly masturbatory.

So endless is your blind self-obsession that you refuse others the most basic courtesy of holding your yap when what you have to say contributes nothing of relevance to a discussion. "Me me me.... my faith... me me me me me... my faith.... me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me... my faith." In the name of He whom you claim as your savior, give it a $#@!ing rest, shut your damned mouth, and learn to listen... or at least how not to inject your inane bull$#@! where it has no place. Just another know-it-all "Christian" about whom they believe the universe revolves. Please sir, you embarrass yourself too much now.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I will now beg the forgiveness of the OP for apparently having done that for which I scold another. In atonement, I will answer the original question: I am not sufficiently familiar with such practices to be able to tell you to what degree I so engage myself, however coincidentally. My religion has no name and words barely describe it. Perhaps it is not religion at all? Suffice to say that I see and feel the Divine in everything, even obnoxiously self-centered people who don't know how to shut up about themselves such that others can get a word in edgewise.

Perhaps you could explain something of your world view and the relevant habits and, if any, ceremonies and symbols attached thereto? It is always interesting to learn the ways in which others see the world around them, as well as their places in it. It would help define your terms such as "Paganism".
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Damnable they are! My eyes, that is.

I would add that once again a thread has been jacked by someone who would not keep himself behind the check of basic courtesy to others. A question was asked; a simple, valid question, and true to perfect predictability, religious irrelevancy had to be introduced. The whole world does not revolve around your belief system, much as I am sure that rages you. You would not simply allow the question to pass without responding in the typically self-absorbed manner those of your ilk are wont to do. You could not respond with either silence or a simple "no". Once again you had to alert the world to the "fact" that you know the ultimate truth and that those not of your mind are minor and "less-than", heaping insult upon insult by rubbing our noses in the fact of how offended you are by the beliefs of others.

No offense intended, but you are the worst brand of "Christian" that exists, to my damnable eyes, parading your faith about upon your sleeve in the very flavor of pride against which your own book so sternly warns. Your self-professed humilities are naught but window dressings that hide the endless hubris of the self-centered, nay, narcissistic man who simply cannot stand not to draw attention to himself, thinking himself clever in his efforts to make his noises look incidental to the ostensible purpose of "glorifying God", when in reality all you do is failingly and transparently attempt to glorify yourself. Is there any line other than perhaps "you ought to praise the magnificence of my most sacred and sizable penis" more childishly, baldly, and hopelessly hubris-laden and condescending than "I hope you know this one day my friend"? It is so thick, one could not cut it with a chainsaw.

Once again you will have to forgive me for uttering another cold truth: "Christians" such as yourself, and I am tempted to declare such not true Christians at all, are the reason the world has turned its face from the good teachings attributed to Jesus the Christ. You have taken the sound words of a world view and turned them into a political contest in which countless tens of millions of people have been butchered in the most unimaginably cruel and agonizing ways. It is men such as yourself, well intentioned as you may be, who have spread nothing better than death, disease, destruction, poverty, and endless misery to the four corners of the world, all the while disguising it in the false language of universal love, the reality being closer to the language of self-love run morbidly masturbatory.

So endless is your blind self-obsession that you refuse others the most basic courtesy of holding your yap when what you have to say contributes nothing of relevance to a discussion. "Me me me.... my faith... me me me me me... my faith.... me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me... my faith." In the name of He whom you claim as your savior, give it a $#@!ing rest, shut your damned mouth, and learn to listen... or at least how not to inject your inane bull$#@! where it has no place. Just another know-it-all "Christian" about whom they believe the universe revolves. Please sir, you embarrass yourself too much now.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I will now beg the forgiveness of the OP for apparently having done that for which I scold another. In atonement, I will answer the original question: I am not sufficiently familiar with such practices to be able to tell you to what degree I so engage myself, however coincidentally. My religion has no name and words barely describe it. Perhaps it is not religion at all? Suffice to say that I see and feel the Divine in everything, even obnoxiously self-centered people who don't know how to shut up about themselves such that others can get a word in edgewise.

Perhaps you could explain something of your world view and the relevant habits and, if any, ceremonies and symbols attached thereto? It is always interesting to learn the ways in which others see the world around them, as well as their places in it. It would help define your terms such as "Paganism".
    What if I was to tell you "you should keep your views of liberty to yourself, because the world does not revolve around your view of liberty. Liberty is your path and that's fine but statism and tyranny is also right and equally viable viewpoint"?

You would have a problem with me telling you that you should be relativistic wouldn't you? Now you know the absurdity of your response to me.
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 03-27-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    Much respect to anyone who attempts to have a conversation in this subforum on such subject matter. JohnGalt how long have you been following this path and what drew you to it?
    Peace on your path? lol

Yep.
    Of course, but then we have to talk about what "peace" really is, and if you can have peace without the Prince of Peace.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course, but then we have to talk about what "peace" really is, and if you can have peace without the Prince of Peace.
    Know them by their fruits...
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Know them by their fruits...
    Doctrine is fruit too. Doctrine is the primary fruit.

Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, having a French book does not mean I speak French, our doctrines just vocalize values which are evidenced by our fruits:

Galatians 5:19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Posted verses for clarity so you nor another plays word games with my position.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Idolatry sticks out.
    Thank you.

For this branch of paganism or paganism in general? My experience has been that pagans were no more idolatrous than those who say they are Christian.
    Have you considered that you should base truth on your "experiences", but rather on the Word of God?

Christians are not idolatrous. They worship the one true God. Pagans are idolatrous. They worship many false gods.

Practice what you preach.
    Watch his feet, not his mouth.
    Actions speak louder than words.
    A picture is worth a thousand words.

^^Wisdom

There are loads of good talkers. Much more scarce are good walkers.

“I will guard my ways, that I may not sin with my tongue; I will guard my mouth with a muzzle, so long as the wicked are in my presence.” -Psalm 39:1 ESV

"Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, “The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat, so practice and observe whatever they tell you—but not what they do. For they preach, but do not practice." -Matthew 23:1-39 ESV

"They make their tongues as sharp as a serpent's; the poison of vipers is on their lips." -Psalm 140:3 NIV

"White man speaks with forked tongue." -you know who
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 03-27-2015 at 12:50 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

SF why don't you just threaten him or her with hell fire. Burn baby burn forever and ever, like a broke record. SF selling fire insurance. Who is buying some?

Reread what I wrote and notice the very specific nature of the wording I utilized. No, those who say they are Christian are no more insulated from the sin of idolatry. Maybe you should look into what the word idolatry means, from a definition stand point, so we could have some mutual understanding of the word itself? Many who say they are Christian also worship many false gods. It seems to closely coincide with idolatry that way.

Truth is...it helps to have experiences to further understanding when trying to comprehend Truth. Ymmv, but if I am relating something through which my opinion is based upon my experiences I don't see why it is ridiculous to state such because it is only saying that according to my experiences for which I am inclined to believe as I do now on a subject. Very few grasp the complexity of any subject matter without a certain level of experience from which to utilize for proper discernment, jus' sayin'.
    If Christians are idolatrous, and the Bible says idolaters will not inherit the kingdom of heaven, who will be saved?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy View Post
    SF why don't you just threaten him or her with hell fire. Burn baby burn forever and ever, like a broke record. SF selling fire insurance. Who is buying some?
    I don't really have to. Romans 1 says that all men already know that their judgment is coming.

If Christians are idolatrous, and the Bible says idolaters will not inherit the kingdom of heaven, who will be saved?
    you still aren't reading very carefully, are you?

~~~peace on your path

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

No thanks. I already know about how the Hebrew myths played a role in how I got here. I'm more interested in things I haven't been taught yet.

Soda, Thanks for the pictures you include in your neg reps of me. Can you interpret this last one you just sent?

https://elysianhunter.files.wordpres...5/dog-$#@!.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Here is the equivalent thread on Stormfront.org if anyone is curious:

https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t673559/
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 03-29-2015 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Well, it's interesting that to sell Christianity, many of these pagan festivals were just absorbed or adopted rather then try to stop them. Things like Easter or Yuletide.

So what if what we really see today is Paganism surviving in the Christian church? If that is true, than how different is it to follow Yahweh or Wotan(Odin)? Could one just say these are different names for the same being?

No, that was in order to sell Roman Catholicism. Roman Catholicism is not Christianity.

No, that was in order to sell Roman Catholicism. Roman Catholicism is not Christianity.
    My bad.

(did not intend to kick off this tangent argument again)

Here is the equivalent thread on Stormfront.org if anyone is curious:

https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t673559/
    Hard to tell. The important thing to remember is that Christianity is our native religion now. All the important parts of it were created either by theologians from the Roman Empire, like Augustine or later German thought if you don't know it have a look at The Germanization of Early Medieval Christianity. A Sociohistorical Approach to Religious Transformation, by James C. Russell. Of course the "mainstream" church has long been colonised by the liberal elite hence its appalling stance on virtually everything - a good example is the UK where the Anglican Church is dying, but I'm not sure that "paganism" is the solution
    Along with several which said some form of:
    I don't believe White Nationalism should be based upon one religion or belief. Our ancestry contains many belief systems which have changed over time, we should respect all of those.

What is your point from that short, closed thread from 2010/11 from there?

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hear you loud and clear. Felt the same way about what I saw in the churches and was a solitary green witch for a few years. I never could commit to a specific cultural adaptation so that the god(dess) energy would have a name. It was liberating to not constantly have someone breathing down my neck telling me how I was doing spirituality all wrong. How if I just prayed harder then maybe I would be forgiven enough for not speaking or walking as those ridiculing me did and then I could be just like them, forgiven and washed in the blood. Funny thing is the Christians I have known were much more barbaric in their philosophy than those of the pagan community I knew.

I have always had a special place in my heart for the crone. The old cottage witch healer ostracized from the village surrounding by nature and the creatures that inhabit it with a kindred soul of her familiar to keep her company. The amusing knowledge of the fact that it was these outcasts many turned to for her wisdom of healing herbs when someone was ill or hurt.

Excellent list of characteristics to strive towards embodying. I think we are so isolated from our cultural roots in society today that many find themselves needing to walk backwards in time before they comprehend their own place in life, to live life deeper, close to those whose hearts beat the same blood, to walk daily and not use our perceptions of faith as a meter stick to judge others but to inspire ourselves instead.

So are you a solitary?
    Wow...

Galatians 5:13 For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another.

16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. 17 For the flesh [g]sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you [h]please. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. 19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: [i]immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, [j]factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who [k]belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also [l]walk by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.

Know them by their fruits

Why do post that verse as if it doesn't condemn you?

Why do post that verse as if it doesn't condemn you?
    You don't know squat about my prior practices nor do you bother knowing or acknowledging my current practices, anymore than someone else who is making wild accusations against pagans without a second thought towards challenging preconceived notions of what they are ridiculing.

sorcery
    the art, practices, or spells of a person who is supposed to exercise supernatural powers through the aid of evil spirits; black magic; witchery. — sorcerer, n. — sorcerous, adj.

Answered your question. You gonna answer wth you were proving with the previous link considering what the discussion included?

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

You don't know squat about my prior practices nor do you bother knowing or acknowledging my current practices, anymore than someone else who is making wild accusations against pagans without a second thought towards challenging preconceived notions of what they are ridiculing.

sorcery
    the art, practices, or spells of a person who is supposed to exercise supernatural powers through the aid of evil spirits; black magic; witchery. — sorcerer, n. — sorcerous, adj.

Answered your question. You gonna answer wth you were proving with the previous link considering what the discussion included?
    Do pagans of any kind worship the Trinity alone and trust in Jesus Christ alone for their salvation from God's wrath against sin?

Do pagans of any kind worship the Trinity alone and trust in Jesus Christ alone for their salvation from God's wrath against sin?

Some do.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Roman Catholicism is not Christianity.

What you believe is not Christianity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast