Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LOL: Monsanto Lackey Refuses Glyphosate Beverage (video)

LOL: Monsanto Lackey Refuses Glyphosate Beverage (video)

I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Heh. The interview is finished.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 03-26-2015 at 03:59 PM.

Lackey: "I'm not an idiot." Pretty telling. If it does no harm prove it!
    Last edited by donnay; 03-26-2015 at 04:32 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

That's pretty funny. If I were interviewing for my company and they asked me to try my own product, I would gladly do it! Shows how unaccountable these people are.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Intersting bit from the study about Roundup and rats and cancer under the mortality tables.

http://mylespower.co.uk/2013/06/29/d...n-live-longer/

The paper shows that male rats drinking pure water will have a 50% higher mortality rate than those drinking water contaminated with 0.5% Roundup herbicide. Unlike the other graphs in which the results don’t make sense (for example, more male rats die eating 11% GM-maize and sooner than those fed 0%, 22% and 33%), there is a clear correlation between the amount of Roundup herbicide consumed and life expectancies. Rats drinking water contaminated with 1.1×10-8% had a 11% less mortality rate, 0.09% contamination had a 22% less mortality rate and 0.5% contamination had a 33% less mortality rate. If this paper is correct then the more herbicide you drink, the longer you would live.
    Maybe he should have agreed to drink the glass.

Link to the study: http://www.iatp.org/files/GMOtoxicityreport.pdf

(the study has been heavily criticized because it found that rats designed to grow tumors actually grew tumors).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-26-2015 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Intersting bit from the article about Roundup and rats and cancer under the mortality tables.

LOL, I suspect they might be using the same scientific technique, climate change scientists are using.

Roundup:

Intersting bit from the article about Roundup and rats and cancer under the mortality tables.

Don't drink the roundup?

DAVID EDWARDS
    26 MAR 2015 AT 14:06 ET

“I’m not stupid,”

Lobbyist claims Monsanto weed killer is safe to drink, then bolts when TV host offers him a glass

ontroversial lobbyist who claimed that the chemical in Monsanto’s Roundup weed killer was safe for humans refused to drink his own words when a French television journalist offered him a glass.

In a preview of an upcoming documentary on French TV, Dr. Patrick Moore tells a Canal+ interviewer that glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup herbicide, was not increasing the rate of cancer in Argentina.

“You can drink a whole quart of it and it won’t hurt you,” Moore insists.

“You want to drink some?” the interviewer asks. “We have some here.”

“I’d be happy to, actually,” Moore replies, adding, “Not really. But I know it wouldn’t hurt me.”

“If you say so, I have some,” the interviewer presses.

“I’m not stupid,” Moore declares.

“So, it’s dangerous?” the interviewer concludes.

But Moore claims that Roundup is so safe that “people try to commit suicide” by drinking it, and they “fail regularly.”

“Tell the truth, it’s dangerous,” the interviewer says.

“It’s not dangerous to humans,” Moore remarks. “No, it’s not.”

“So, are you ready to drink one glass?” the interviewer continues to press.

“No, I’m not an idiot,” Moore says defiantly. “Interview me about golden rice, that’s what I’m talking about.”

At that point, Moore declares that the “interview is finished.”

“That’s a good way to solve things,” the interviewer quips.

“Jerk!” Moore grumbles as he storms off the set.

This had me laughing.

video at link
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/l...mments/#disqus
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    That's pretty funny. If I were interviewing for my company and they asked me to try my own product, I would gladly do it! Shows how unaccountable these people are.
    Ain't it a hoot? Heh...

Spokespeople are actors. They read their lines and play the parts they are paid to play. Pretty easy to buy people.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

His best line of defense appears to be that it's not easy to commit suicide with it...

okaaaaayyyy....
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 03-28-2015 at 03:02 PM.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Interesting numbers. http://geneticliteracyproject.org/20...xic-to-humans/

So how toxic is glyphosate exactly? To examine toxicity, one must look at the LD50 value given to the chemical in question. LD50 is a standard measure of acute toxicity for chemicals, expressed in the amount of chemical (milligrams) per body weight (kg) that it took to kill fifty percent of a population of test animals. Because LD50 is a standard measure, it is used to compare toxicities of compounds; the lower the number, the more toxic it is.

Glyphosate has a LD50 of 5600 mg/kg based on oral ingestions in rats, according to EPA assessments (PDF), placing it in Toxicity Category III. The EPA ranks chemicals in four categories, I being the most toxic and IV being the least. The EPA has also found that glyphosate does not cause cancer. To compare, caffeine has a much lower LD50 of 192 mg/kg based on oral ingestions in rats.

Caffeine is over ten times more toxic than glyphosate. Is this cause for concern? Should we stop drinking coffee? No, the main reason being that a typical dosage of caffeine is not high enough to cause toxicity. Let’s look at the numbers. With LD50 of 192 mg/kg, it would take 12192 mg of caffeine to kill an average 140 lb human being. A typical 8 oz cup of coffee only contains 95 mg of caffeine, much lower than the dose required for acute toxicity. The same reasoning applies to glyphosate. Following the same calculations, it would take 12.5 oz of glyphosate to kill an average 140 lb human being. That means drinking about three gallons of Roundup Original.
    So maybe that glass pure glyphosate would have killed him. But on the other hand, humans don't consume three gallons of Roundup either.

A bit more from the same article:

But what about long-term exposures to glyphosate? Given its widespread use, there is a good chance that we are eating some residues in our food. The EPA considered this too by setting maximum safe levels of residues called tolerances. The USDA tests crops each year to make sure that herbicide residues do not exceed tolerance levels. If any crops contain residue amounts higher than tolerance levels, the USDA reports the information to the FDA, who has the regulatory power to recall foods, levy fines and take other actions to prevent the foods from reaching consumers. The EPA also made sure that the tolerances were conservative:

EPA conducted a dietary risk assessment for glyphosate based on a worst-case risk scenario, that is, assuming that 100 percent of all possible commodities/acreage were treated, and assuming that tolerance-level residues remained in/on all treated commodities. The Agency concluded that the chronic dietary risk posed by glyphosate food uses is minimal.

A reference dose (RfD), or estimate of daily exposure that would not cause adverse effects throughout a lifetime, of 2 mg/kg/day has been proposed for glyphosate, based on the developmental toxicity studies described above.
    Which means that a 140 lb human being can be exposed to as much as 127 mg of glyphosate per day for a lifetime without adverse effects, according to EPA standards. To put this in perspective, the daily upper limit for vitamin D supplements is 4000 IU per day, or 0.1 mg.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-28-2015 at 03:55 PM.

Interesting numbers. http://geneticliteracyproject.org/20...xic-to-humans/

So maybe that glass pure glyphosate would have killed him. But on the other hand, humans don't consume three gallons of Roundup either.
    How much Franzia Chillable Red does it take to kill a 125lb female?

All at once? Franzia is a lower low alcohol wine (9% vs 12%- 14% on fancier ones) so for alcohol poisoning it would take a larger amount. That would kill you long before any glyphosate levels it might have in it (wine grape growers in general are very concerned about the environment and try to minimize things like fertilizers and bug killers and even water they use). They certainly won't spray any of those things on the vines and if it is sprayed on the ground, bacteria break it down (it is an amino acid or protein) so it should not be in the grapes except maybe at very low trace levels (nothing is 100% pure).

I would not worry about it.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-28-2015 at 05:42 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Monsanto Lobbyist Runs Away When Asked To Drink ‘Harmless’ Pesticide

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Doesn't take Monsanto long to get a vid pulled off of YouTube, does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

According to the people who know about such things, t isn't the pesticide that he shied away from, it's the other stuff in the substance that's poisonous. If they had a cup of plain glyphosate, as opposed to Round Up which only contains glyphosate, he likely would have done it.

One of the guys in the sciencey group I lurk in is a professor, and he always opens up his first class in something Ag related by doing shot of it to make a point.

Well, that's one way to separate the 'its main ingredient isn't a poison' fact from the 'therefore all of it is harmless' conclusion that they phrase their claims specifically to lead you to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

And yet TYT will defend agencies like the FDA because we just need to vote harder. The very same "public health safety" people that let Monsanto get away with all this $#@! for years within the administrations of both parties.

For people that understand that social security and medicare is going to go broke, the concept of soft kill should not be surprising as a strategy to thin the heard and prevent them from growing too old. It's all about saving money and all these people understand is corruption.

This is a weird story, why say you will drink pesticide when all you mean is that you will drink the active ingredient of the pesticide? there are buffers, stabilizers are other additives used to make the pesticide store and work in real life.

Now hes made a fool off himself.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This is a weird story, why say you will drink pesticide when all you mean is that you will drink the active ingredient of the pesticide? there are buffers, stabilizers are other additives used to make the pesticide store and work in real life.

Now hes made a fool off himself.
    TPTB: "The Argentinian welfare system is paying out more this year than last year. Make the call."
    **ring**
    Monsanto employee #1: hello?...............................ok gotcha.
    Monsanto employee #1: Hey Earl
    Monsanto employee #2 : Yeah Dave?
    Monsanto employee #1: TPTB just said we have to reduce the buffer content of this and the stabilizer content of that a tiny fraction more.
    Monsanto employee #2: Why Dave?
    Monsanto employee #1: I dunno, our jobs are compartmentalized and we're bottom feeders who aren't supposed to know why. Oh by the way Earl, don't forget that it is election night. And don't forget to grab me some lottery tickets.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At least third time this has been posted. Other two were already merged. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...verage-(video)

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post
    For people that understand that social security and medicare is going to go broke, the concept of soft kill should not be surprising as a strategy to thin the heard and prevent them from growing too old. It's all about saving money and all these people understand is corruption.
    Yeah, and if the life span was declining that might be a theory. But you don't even have that. ALl it is is just wild ass speculation based in nothing except an abnormal paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well, that's one way to separate the 'its main ingredient isn't a poison' fact from the 'therefore all of it is harmless' conclusion that they phrase their claims specifically to lead you to.
    It is not harmless,and nobody has ever made that claim. The claim is that it is far more efficient and far less toxic then the myriad of pesticides it replaced.

At least third time this has been posted. Other two were already merged.
    You mean like all your threads about how employment is supposedly up every month? You mean how you continually post that, but never acknowledge long term numbers?

Guess you are really putting in a plug for your boy, Obama, And, of course, academic discussion is not really your purpose on this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Normally I hate Monsanto and its practices, but I don't see anything wrong with the substance of the lobbyist's reaction. Human pee is considered safe to drink, but that doesn't mean I'm going to drink it (unless I'm about to die of thirst).

This is really weird story!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast