Thread: Ted Cruz: Don’t let ‘anti-science zealotry’ shutdown GMOs

Exclamation Ted Cruz: Don’t let ‘anti-science zealotry’ shutdown GMOs

H/T: Optimus

Ted Cruz: Don’t let ‘anti-science zealotry’ shutdown GMOs

By Seth McLaughlin - The Washington Times - Saturday, March 7, 2015

Sen. Ted Cruz said Saturday that the nation should push back against the “hysteria” over food made with genetically modified organisms, saying these innovations in science should be celebrated for the positive impact they’ve had both at home and abroad.

Speaking the Iowa Agricultural Summit, Mr. Cruz said he is sick of politicians “blowing smoke” in Washington and vowed that Iowans have no bigger ally then him when it comes to pushing back against the federal government.

Mr. Cruz said GMOs helped to provide food for people across the globe and strengthen farms across the nation. He said that people who oppose GMOs and want to buy organic food can do that.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just don't know what Alex Jones sees in this guy.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I just don't know what Alex Jones sees in this guy.
    Me either. He says he is better than Jeb...but that is not saying much.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Smart move on Cruz's part. He's preempting the use of the anti-science zealot smear against creationists and people who don't use the "save the planet" line to call for more regulations.

Manchurian....
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

So he's going after the angelaTC vote?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

That's kinda confusing...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Heh. Ted is in for a ruuuuude awakening. The issue is geo-political. Ted is out of his league. His thought on it clearly indicates a lack of understanding of the larger issue.

Aside - Monsanto in US Foreign Policy

Ah well. I can't take this cat seriously, folks, so, then, that is likely all that I'll share with regard to my thought on it.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 03-26-2015 at 01:31 PM.

fedbux, worz for foriegne countries, and now this?

its the the anti- liberty trifecta!

...this paid canadian $hill is brought to you by:

TURTLE POWER!!!!
    Last edited by jkr; 03-26-2015 at 01:41 PM.
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I like how the most highly evolved dude is holding an AK.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Party time!

FJB

//
    Last edited by dannno; 03-27-2015 at 02:54 AM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Party time!

One sign of food being healthy is that it is being grown by people who are feeding it to their own families.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    One sign of food being healthy is that it is being grown by people who are feeding it to their own families.
    The dude wasn't thirsty, jeez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.