Thread: Rubio, Cotton want to boost defense spending

Rubio, Cotton want to boost defense spending

Rubio, Cotton want to boost defense spending

By Jordain Carney - March 24, 2015

Sens. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) introduced a budget amendment Tuesday evening to increase defense spending.

Rubio, a potential 2016 presidential contender, said the amendment would swap out the fiscal year 2016 defense budget numbers with the projected fiscal year 2016 numbers included in former Defense Secretary Robert Gates' fiscal year 2012 defense budget.

Rubio called the 2012 budget "the last defense budget ... that was put together solely on the assessment of the threats we face."
    Cotton suggested that the $611 billion base budget might not be enough, citing threats including a resurgent Russia and the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

"But that's not enough," Cotton. "As the national defense panel said itself, at $611 billion, that projection is not enough."
    More: http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...fense-spending
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

2016 is shaping up to be about who can be the biggest neocon/puppet for the MIC. So far it looks like Rand's in the lead with his budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Vitus View Post
    2016 is shaping up to be about who can be the biggest neocon/puppet for the MIC. So far it looks like Rand's in the lead with his budget.
    So you support Rubio and Cotton over Rand?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Gotta hand it to Rand. He busted their balls on this one and will smoke them in the GOP primary with it.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Gotta hand it to Rand. He busted their balls on this one and will smoke them in the GOP primary with it.
    Isolationist? [Looks underneath & behind podium] It should be very funny to witness.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.