Thread: Kelley Paul gets ready for her media blizzard

Kelley Paul gets ready for her media blizzard

Kelley Paul gets ready for her media blizzard

Lisa Belkin
    March 25, 2015

Kelley Ashby Paul was dressed for the weather as she trudged through the last storm of the Washington, D.C., winter to meet a reporter. Fuzzy woolen hat, complete with earflaps and pompom, on her head. Knee-high waterproof boots with faux fur trim on her feet. Puffy white parka zipped in between.

Her husband, Rand, meanwhile, was home, still dry and warm, in the couple’s tiny Capitol Hill apartment. The junior senator from Kentucky and presumed presidential candidate had nowhere to be on this weekday morning because the federal government, in fact the entire city, was shut down. (No, not by the Tea Party; by the snow.) That Kelley was out in the storm made metaphorical sense, because she isn’t really “of” D.C., and unlike Rand, she doesn’t officially work for the government.

Home, for her, is still Bowling Green, Ky., where she was raising her three sons as a stay-at-home wife of a small-town ophthalmologist in the 20 years before Rand ran for office. Where she lived full-time until this year, when she finally took the next step in the transformation and enrolled her youngest in a D.C. private school. Now her tight circle of hometown friends takes care of her house — dealing, for instance, with the time a bird got inside and “pooped all over the bathroom” and picking her up at the airport when she manages to fly back once a month or so.

Politics, like the clergy and the military, is one of the few fields where it’s assumed that the spouse — particularly the wife — will take on part of the job. It is an anachronism from a time when all wives were defined by the work of their husbands, and it’s an increasingly tough role to navigate now that the political spotlight is brighter and the political pace is faster.

read more:
    https://www.yahoo.com/politics/kelle...433745186.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds to me that Kelley is going to be an extremely important asset to the campaign
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Sounds to me that Kelley is going to be an extremely important asset to the campaign
    Yes, I think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

the not so secret secret weapon.

Kelley rocks.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

That's a really good photo of her. Jackie O'..
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

great article. shared.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

[S]he finally took the next step in the transformation and enrolled her youngest in a D.C. private school.
    Poor kid. I can't imagine going to school with a lot of politicians' and consultants' children -- a lot of them aren't terribly pleasant.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Boy, she is hot. She really shouldn't go back to that limp, straight haircut with bangs like she had during the 2010 race. Not flattering at all.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Kelley is so awesome and down to earth, and one of the nicest people I know.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    but but but....I was told this woman was the new Jackie O'

Lol that HAS to be photoshopped

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Lol that HAS to be photoshopped
    Nah, Michelle Obama is just half orc.

I thought the same thing when I saw that pic. If the campaign is wise, they will play that up. America loves their first lady to be fashionable.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Lol, it's so funny how the media just repeats how "beautiful" and "elegant" Michelle is. Progs sure have an exceptional talent at denying what is right in front of their faces.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Boy, she is hot. She really shouldn't go back to that limp, straight haircut with bangs like she had during the 2010 race. Not flattering at all.
    And Kelley Paul needs to 86 the color painted nails and stick with the French manicured white tips. For the love of God.

Chester Copperpot

thats exactly what came to mind when i saw it too

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    And Kelley Paul needs to 86 the color painted nails and stick with the French manicured white tips. For the love of God.
    yes, because clearly she needs to get fashion advice from the men of rpfs.

Bust out carol paul. I wish ron wouldve used carol more to get through to other elderly ladies. Have large cooking shows... that wouldve been cool.

I also agree that michelle is quite ugly...

Last edited by specsaregood; 05-20-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Crazy good photo of Kelley, looks amazing.
    I'd never say Michelle Obama is ugly though, I just don't think thats true.

Feels odd that the main thing being discussed is how attractive she is, but honestly that is probably the main thing people are going to take away from the article. That and how likable she is.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedChicken View Post
    Crazy good photo of Kelley, looks amazing.
    I'd never say Michelle Obama is ugly though, I just don't think thats true.

Feels odd that the main thing being discussed is how attractive she is, but honestly that is probably the main thing people are going to take away from the article. That and how likable she is.
    Nah, what people are going to take away is her hotness. She is a woman after all.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    yes, because clearly she needs to get fashion advice from the men of rpfs.
    Evidently.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post

I know some people I will be gifting this book to.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Nah, what people are going to take away is her hotness. She is a woman after all.
    also, she's smoking hot