Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Common core in Florida required 10th grades to recite Islamic Rug

Common core in Florida required 10th grades to recite Islamic Rug

I didn't see this posted elsewhere. A world history class in Florida required people the kids to recite an Islamic Prayer and make a prayer rug. The first 100 pages of the book which would have discussed Jewish and Catholic teachings were missing.

Wagner is not reading the Five Pillars of Islam from the Quran, but rather his son's 10th-grade world history book from Lyman High School.

"Students were instructed to recite this prayer as the first Pillar of Islam, off of the board at the teacher's instruction," Wagner claims.

Wagner, who is not religious, said he had no idea the public school was teaching so extensively about religion until he spotted a text on his son's phone from a teacher reminding him to complete a prayer rug assignment and study an Islam packet.

"For it to be mandatory and part of the curriculum and in the textbooks, didn't seem right," Wagner said.

Inside of the book is a chapter dedicated to the "Rise of Islam," including prayers and scriptures from the Quran. What's more disturbing for Wagner is that the first 100 pages discussing Judaism and Christianity are missing. The district blames a manufacturer defect in 68 books that are only a year old.
    Seems like something out of place in a non religious school. History is one thing, having to say prayers tho?

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...-school/nj7Ny/

http://toprightnews.com/?p=8290

The toprightnews rants against Jeb.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well. We want Religion taught in the schools, right? I mean, that is a social movement that we see moving to make it happen. It's Religion, for sure, Islam. The fact that the first 100 pages discussing Judaism and Christianity are missing is a hot one though. That's a problem.

Let me ask this, though. And I'm being serious here. Do you want the schools teaching Religion? More clearly, do you want individuals...teachers...doing that? Cripes, even the Churches don't get it done from what I understand. Of course, I'm not a Biblical scholar either but we hear a lot about what they fail or succeeed at teaching dependingh on who is on the other end of the horn.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 03-24-2015 at 09:17 PM.

Well, since so many libertarian now define social libertarianism as synonymous with progressivism, I guess I'll follow suit. I applaud putting in a chapter about Islam in a textbook with no reference to Judaism or Christianity. We have the Crusades to make up for here, people!
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Clearly the missing pages are suspicious. But if you want a teacher to teach your kids about the world (rather than yourself), it's not going to be very successful if they don't learn about the major religions. Ignoring the content of the deeply held beliefs of the billion+ muslims seems rather silly. As does ignoring the content of the deeply held beliefs of the billion+ christians and billion or so hindus.

Reciting a prayer is a bit much, but learning the habits of other cultures isn't a bad thing (I mean, muslims pray multiple times every day, often in large groups; it's a major part of the religion).

I've found people are surprised that I, as a non believer, know as much that I do about so many different religions. I feel I don't know that much, but it tends to be more than the vast majority of people. I think it helps me in life.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Rugs? I thought they were called Ragheads, not Rugheads.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Islam is one of the largest, most influential religious, secular, political, philosophical, and scientific movements in history and modern times. If you really wish to understand a people you must understand their religion(s). To demand your children be ignorant of this information is to demand they be ignorant of information they need to make truly intellectual decisions about issues of the times in which they live. Teaching people about the teachings of Islam (or Christianity, or Judaism, or Zoastarianism, or Buddhism, or Hinduism, etc.) is not the same thing as teaching them Islam is the true religion of God. Teaching the history of religion(s) is not the same as teaching religious history.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Islam is one of the largest, most influential religious, secular, political, philosophical, and scientific movements in history and modern times. If you really wish to understand a people you must understand their religion(s). To demand your children be ignorant of this information is to demand they be ignorant of information they need to make truly intellectual decisions about issues of the times in which they live. Teaching people about the teachings of Islam (or Christianity, or Judaism, or Zoastarianism, or Buddhism, or Hinduism, etc.) is not the same thing as teaching them Islam is the true religion of God. Teaching the history of religion(s) is not the same as teaching religious history.
    I would agree with that.

Interestingly, I'm often amazed at the policies of our representative leaders toward foreign nations and they clearly demonstrate a lack of understanding of the history of those nations. Which is kind of a big deal. The most recent thing with regard to our policies toward Russia are an excellent example. Which, I suppose, is kind of off topic but relevant in a similar way.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 03-24-2015 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    I didn't see this posted elsewhere. A world history class in Florida required people the kids to recite an Islamic Prayer and make a prayer rug. The first 100 pages of the book which would have discussed Jewish and Catholic teachings were missing.

Seems like something out of place in a non religious school.
    It should be very clear that common core is an agenda to complete a process of de Americanizing people of the continent. The last sentence says it all. American schools historically are non religious. The only thing even close to religion was found in the pledge of allegiance. "One nation under God", and that's spiritual not religious.

The only thing that makes any sense politically is unity under the principles of the republic, then rejection of all else relating to anything government.

Unity around government operating strictly lawfully under laws derived from the constitution makes sense. Partisanship rarely uses such historically correct basis with equality.

The words of Article V echo meaningfully here, "shall be valid to all intents and purposes, of this constitution".
    Last edited by Christopher A. Brown; 03-25-2015 at 02:33 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The issue here is federally funded and managed "education", not religion or common core.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    The issue here is federally funded and managed "education", not religion or common core.
    Agree.
    There is no spoon.

No I do not want public k-12 teaching religion. I however, as a parent choose to send my kids to private school where it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Well. We want Religion taught in the schools, right? I mean, that is a social movement that we see moving to make it happen. It's Religion, for sure, Islam. The fact that the first 100 pages discussing Judaism and Christianity are missing is a hot one though. That's a problem.

Let me ask this, though. And I'm being serious here. Do you want the schools teaching Religion? More clearly, do you want individuals...teachers...doing that? Cripes, even the Churches don't get it done from what I understand. Of course, I'm not a Biblical scholar either but we hear a lot about what they fail or succeeed at teaching dependingh on who is on the other end of the horn.

We need to get back to the things that made this country exceptional!

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    No I do not want public k-12 teaching religion. I however, as a parent choose to send my kids to private school where it will be.
    How can you POSSIBLY teach history, even basic US history, without teaching religion? Why did the pilgrims/puritans leave for the new world? Well, we cant say religion so lets say... to look cool! The pilgrims were america's first hipsters!

Why did they think women in Salem were witches? Where did they get that idea? I guess we cant possibly know.

I let go of the law,
    I let go of economics,
    I let go of religion,

H/T to Originalist...

The amazing transformation from Iraqi freedom invasion to US States freedom. We were supposed to spread our way of life in mideast but instead we have this.

New York City public schools to have Muslim holidays off
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/04/us/new...l-holidays/CNN
    Mar 4, 2015 - (CNN) New York City public schools will now observe two Muslim holidays, officials announced Wednesday, making the district -- the nation's ...

Not to mention that for half of GOP, an Islamic man in the White House runs America these days. Cultural blowback is the less talked about phenomenon.

REPEAT:

The issue here is NOT whether gays are bad or whether Christianity or any other religion should or should not be taught in schools.

The issue is: GOVERNMENT IN SCHOOLS.

Mandatory public education was set up to make compliant factory workers and it has succeeded.

If you want a change, then get rid of any government involvement in education and work on your own brand of education for yourself and/or family.
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    How can you POSSIBLY teach history, even basic US history, without teaching religion? Why did the pilgrims/puritans leave for the new world? Well, we cant say religion so lets say... to look cool! The pilgrims were america's first hipsters!

Why did they think women in Salem were witches? Where did they get that idea? I guess we cant possibly know.
    Are the students making prayer rugs and crucifixes? I don't have a problem with religion as long as its taught as a historical reference.

Please keep in mind I'm a Christian paying 10k/yr to send my 2 kids to a Christian school.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    REPEAT:

The issue here is NOT whether gays are bad or whether Christianity or any other religion should or should not be taught in schools.

The issue is: GOVERNMENT IN SCHOOLS.

Mandatory public education was set up to make compliant factory workers and it has succeeded.

If you want a change, then get rid of any government involvement in education and work on your own brand of education for yourself and/or family.
    "Teh Newz" wants Boobus focusing on the damn mooslums instead of their master government...

There must be a villain for government to protect him from or he might figure out who's really at fault.......

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    The amazing transformation from Iraqi freedom invasion to US States freedom. We were supposed to spread our way of life in mideast but instead we have this.

Mar 4, 2015 - (CNN) New York City public schools will now observe two Muslim holidays, officials announced Wednesday, making the district -- the nation's ...

Not to mention that for half of GOP, an Islamic man in the White House runs America these days. Cultural blowback is the less talked about phenomenon.
    10% of the kids are Muslim. More than that % of the city is muslim. Im fine with setting a parameter like this for observing a holiday in a school (assuming we are to even have public schools). Do it by %. If 10% of the class is Wiccan, Halloween off. I dont see the problem in adjusting to the students.

I let go of the law,
    I let go of economics,
    I let go of religion,

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I would agree with that.

Interestingly, I'm often amazed at the policies of our representative leaders toward foreign nations and they clearly demonstrate a lack of understanding of the history of those nations. Which is kind of a big deal. The most recent thing with regard to our policies toward Russia are an excellent example. Which, I suppose, is kind of off topic but relevant in a similar way.
    In is all part of the larger issues. Michael Scheuer's "Imperial HUbris" was all about exactly what you're talking about. Taking public knowledge that was available to everyone he shows how the invasion of Afghanistan was doomed to fail from the beginning, specifically because Western leaders were so ignorant of Afghanista's history and culture. It was a revelatory and depressing read.

"Students were instructed to recite this prayer as the first Pillar of Islam,
    off of the board at the teacher's instruction," Wagner claims.
    ...text on his son's phone from a teacher reminding him to complete a
    prayer rug assignment and study an Islam packet..."

Voluntary or mandatory, about the 'History of' or the 'Religious tenets of' ,
    had this been a class requiring students to create a Nativity Scene or recital
    of the Prayer of Saint Francis, or the Rosary , someone's name would be in every
    News Paper, and Network News channel for a week, they'd also be looking for
    a new career.

The Federal Gov should not be endoctrinating our children through the
    education system , when the Fed is involved, it's social engineering.

, ,

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Brown View Post
    It should be very clear that common core is an agenda to complete a process of de Americanizing people of the continent.
    I thought that happened when we killed all the Indians?
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

I grew up in a predominantly Jewish area in Miami and we would have Jewish holidays off in the public schools.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post

Originally Posted by Christopher A. Brown

It should be very clear that common core is an agenda to complete a process of de Americanizing people of the continent.

No, we're actually Americanizing Indians by way of the H1-B (even though they eventually go back to their homeland). I don't think we've killed any of them. At least I haven't read anything that would indicate that.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 03-26-2015 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Looks to me like somebody wants to do it again but this time we are the Indians.

The issue is not teaching history involving religion. The issue is teaching one religion in a vacuum without reference to other major world religions, when, in fact, teaching about Christianity or Judaism is forbidden.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

isn't the whole point of common core to make sure all states follow the same curriculum?

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    isn't the whole point of common core to make sure all states follow the same curriculum?
    My dictionary states:

Common Core; UFRI
    Curriculum For All States Shall Comply With And Conform To Uniform Federal Revisionist Indoctrination.

, ,

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    H/T to Originalist...

We learnt firearm saftey at my school, and that was in the 90's.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast