Thread: Chelsea Clinton and Jimmy Kimmel team up to encourage American graduates to 'Serve a Year' for

Chelsea Clinton and Jimmy Kimmel team up to encourage American graduates to 'Serve a Year' for

Chelsea Clinton and Jimmy Kimmel team up to encourage American graduates to 'Serve a Year' for their communities

By Josh Gardner
    23 March 2015

Chelsea Clinton and Jimmy Kimmel teamed up Monday to help announce a new program called Serve a Year that asks college and high school grads to spend a year contributing to their communities rather than immediately moving into college or the work force.

The pair spoke at the launch of non-profit ServiceNation's 'Serve A Year' campaign on Monday in Los Angeles.

The initiative seeks to make a year of service with organizations like Americorps, Habitat for Humanity and others the norm for graduates with the help of the entertainment industry, where some major players have pledged to insert positive messages about a year of service into programming aimed at Millennials.

'We know that the millennial generation wants to serve if they are given the right information and opportunities, and so I think that gives particular urgency to our efforts today,' Clinton said

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They want everyone to start their careers with their student loans in default?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Might as well.

Can't find jobs anyway.

this is very telling. Hillary will propose mandatory national service, either for everyone, or as a condition for free college/student loan forgiveness at some point. Rand needs to push for selective service registration to be abolished, and watch the Bush/Clinton/Cruz reaction

I love it when elites who never sacrificed or served anything start preaching to that we need to start.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I think they mean for the kids to serve a year prior to college or the work force. Which means their parents will have to foot their living expenses. Can the parents take it as a tax break for charity?

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    this is very telling. Hillary will propose mandatory national service, either for everyone, or as a condition for free college/student loan forgiveness at some point. Rand needs to push for selective service registration to be abolished, and watch the Bush/Clinton/Cruz reaction
    I think you're right. Weren't there a few threads several months ago calling for every citizen to spend a year in service? I thought you you started them. Anywoo, I think we're seeing that starting to come full circle.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chelsea has had quite a makeover.

Something about her is reminiscent of both her mother and this reality TV personality. It's truly scary, especially if you know how evil Hillary and Stassi are.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stassi-schroeder-vanderpump-rules.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	3957

Name:	Chelsea-Clinton-body.jpg 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	3956
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 03-24-2015 at 02:49 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I think you're right. Weren't there a few threads several months ago calling for every citizen to spend a year in service? I thought you you started them. Anywoo, I think we're seeing that starting to come full circle.
    Call it "Camp", comrade. You can sing songs on the way there, there will even be a free train for those who can't afford transportation.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-for-Adults%92
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Call it "Camp", comrade. You can sing songs on the way there, there will even be a free train for those who can't afford transportation.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-for-Adults%92
    Here's the one I was thinking of

McCain open to involuntary servitude

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...tary-servitide

C'mon people. Really. "Selective Service" has been around since 1917. Look at it's current guidelines...

Vision

The Selective Service System will be an active partner in the national preparedness community that anticipates and responds to the changing needs of the Nation.

Mission
    The statutory missions of Selective Service are to be prepared to provide trained and untrained personnel to the DoD in the event of a national emergency and to be prepared to implement an Alternative Service Program for registrants classified as conscientious objectors.
    The vision of national service is not about going to fight wars.

The government could call every individual 18-25 tomorrow if they wished. For any, and every, thing.

Edit: Oh and did you know that in the land of the free you can be fined $250,000 or 5 years in jail for not submitting to being registered?
    Last edited by phill4paul; 03-24-2015 at 04:00 PM.

Does Chelsea Clinton even have a real job? I guess she did something with NBC for a few months, but does she do anything outside of Academia or campaigning for Hillary? Or does she just get over paid to show up at speaking events like her Dad?

Volunteering for the state is an act against your community, not for it.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

"Die for the Elite while the Elite are not willing to die for you."
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Its time to send the elites children to war and lets how they would like it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Chelsea has had quite a makeover.

Something about her is reminiscent of both her mother and this reality TV personality. It's truly scary, especially if you know how evil Hillary and Stassi are.

Name:	stassi-schroeder-vanderpump-rules.jpg 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	3957

Name:	Chelsea-Clinton-body.jpg 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	3956
    lol... I thought I would be the only one here who knew anything about Vanderpump Rules..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Of course, that way when they get a job, the government can garnish their wages.

hmmm or both of you could and $#@! off...
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

Edit: Oh and did you know that in the land of the free you can be fined $250,000 or 5 years in jail for not submitting to being registered?
    Only if you're a male. Although it looks like that may be changing

https://www.sss.gov/fswomen.htm

DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE

Following a unanimous recommendation by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta announced, on January 24, 2013, the end of the direct ground combat exclusion rule for female service members. The service branches continue to move forward with a plan to eliminate all unnecessary gender-based barriers to service. Ongoing project is still underway.

NOTE: The Selective Service System, if given the mission and additional modest resources, is capable of registering and drafting women.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Does Chelsea Clinton even have a real job? I guess she did something with NBC for a few months, but does she do anything outside of Academia or campaigning for Hillary? Or does she just get over paid to show up at speaking events like her Dad?
    Chelsea said in an interview that she tried caring about money, but found it impossible. Money just isn't something she has any interest in. There are some people who scoff at that, being that she had a 3.3 million dollar wedding, lives in a 10 million dollar apartment, and gets paid $600,000 a year by NBC for a gig that apparently only requires her to produce a single segment every 3 months or so, but I say those people are disgustingly cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    What do you think the Clinton Global Initiative is for?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

What did either one of them do? Maybe one of them got rich on his own and donated to charity after the fact. The other grew up rich and had the luxury of talking about giving back.

Does my "serve a year" start right at the beginning of the year, or after the year's Tax Freedom Day and then continuing only to the end of the same year?

Work four months to pay for a years worth of government and then "serve" those government programs some more... got it.

How about I just serve my fellow man (or not) voluntarily throughout the course of my entire life? Too much serving? Is there some sort of Krugman equation that I'm missing?

"Non-profit" to supposedly help our fellow man... does not compute. It can ONLY make sense when theft is involved and the playing filed is first purposely set askew.

What Kotin said.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So this brilliant plan entails encouraging (at least for now) Millennials to work for free for an entire year, meanwhile, the real adults will be left to continuing making good on the costs of their social justice programs, due to them and their parents being subjugated to depending on welfare checks, EBT cards, and foodstamps just to get by? Brilliant!

You say "serve a year", I say you first.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber