Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex Jones Talks Rand and Cruz (worthwhile even if you don't like Alex Jones)

Alex Jones Talks Rand and Cruz (worthwhile even if you don't like Alex Jones)

tl;dr = Rand definitely good, Cruz probably good, you guys (his listeners) need to stop being pessimistic, we have a shot here

Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 03-24-2015 at 02:03 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why in the world does he think Cruz is (a little bit) smarter than Rand? @15:00

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Xenliad View Post
    Why in the world does he think Cruz is (a little bit) smarter than Rand? @15:00
    Cruz's academic credentials at Princeton are pretty impressive. Cruz is a very sharp man but too wooden at times.

AJ is a moron. Cruz is smarter and sleeker than Rand? Um, no. Cruz was sent in by the establishment to take down Rand - they've openly been saying they would do this for months. If Cruz truly believed in libertarian principles he would support Rand, not run against him. Cruz is a schmuck.

Just like Gary Johnson did with Ron Paul?

Kind of funny... I remember when Alex was freaking out and upset that Rand and Ron backed Ted Cruz. I was defending them at the time, I figured Cruz would be the number 3 guy after Rand and Mike Lee. I never supported Cruz though. Now Alex usually mentions Rand and Cruz together in a generally positive way.

I really fail to see why Cruz should get any admiration, though. He never does anything daring politically, he doesn't reach outside his core base like Rand does.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Kind of funny... I remember when Alex was freaking out and upset that Rand and Ron backed Ted Cruz. I was defending them at the time, I figured Cruz would be the number 3 guy after Rand and Mike Lee. I never supported Cruz though. Now Alex usually mentions Rand and Cruz together in a generally positive way.

I really fail to see why Cruz should get any admiration, though. He never does anything daring politically, he doesn't reach outside his core base like Rand does.
    Cruz isn't bad. He stood up against the NDAA and is willing to wade into the turbulent waters of entitlement reform. Granted, I wish he was less pro-Israel and more combative against the NSA, but that's what we are given. I probably would not canvas for him or donate to him, but I could see myself voting for him if made it through the primary gauntlet. The other candidates are frankly atrocious, besides Cruz and Paul. Once again, I'm not looking for a savior. I'm weighing the overall pros and cons. There isn't a perfect candidate frankly.

Okay. I didn't see that coming.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Cruz isn't bad. He stood up against the NDAA and is willing to wade into the turbulent waters of entitlement reform. Granted, I wish he was less pro-Israel and more combative against the NSA, but that's what we are given. I probably would not canvas for him or donate to him, but I could see myself voting for him if made it through the primary gauntlet. The other candidates are frankly atrocious, besides Cruz and Paul. Once again, I'm not looking for a savior. I'm weighing the overall pros and cons. There isn't a perfect candidate frankly.
    Cruz would lead us into a war with Iran. He is a nut case.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Cruz would lead us into a war with Iran. He is a nut case.
    That's highly doubtful with Putin on the other side. Cruz could want war with Iran as much as he desires, but he's not going to start WW3 with Russia & China in this weakened state.
    Last edited by AuH20; 03-24-2015 at 10:30 AM.

Cruz isn't bad. He stood up against the NDAA and is willing to wade into the turbulent waters of entitlement reform.
    I don't think I have ever heard him talk about entitlement reform. He probably has but not to any meaningful extent. He certainly hasn't introduced legislation and he doesn't bring it up in speeches ever. I just Google him and the last mention of Social Security and Medicare was 2012 in a debate. he was completely absent in the debate over long term unemployment benefits.

It is a pretty sharp contrast to Rand who used to talk about it every speech and has introduced legislation that will haunt him politically. Rand was basically along in describing to the public why lt unemployment benes are bad. To me, entitlement reform is by far the number 1 issue. I don't think Cruz is bad necessarily, but I give him zero credit for wading into turbulent waters.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 03-24-2015 at 10:40 AM.

Former CFR member?

Wife works for Goldman Sachs?

Wife was an advisor to George Bush?

Born in Canada?

Why would anybody vote for this clown and why is AJ supporting him?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul4Prez2012 View Post
    Former CFR member?

Born in Canada?

Peter Thiel is a CFR member too and he is backing Rand. The CFR is a anti-American organization at it's core but very few understand that a large majority of it's members aren't aware of the mission statement. It's more or less a networking organization that you can improve your business prospects with.
    Last edited by AuH20; 03-24-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul4Prez2012 View Post
    Former CFR member?

Born in Canada?

nothing questionable here..../s

Are they really deleting wiki info on her?
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post
    AJ is a moron. Cruz is smarter and sleeker than Rand? Um, no. Cruz was sent in by the establishment to take down Rand - they've openly been saying they would do this for months. If Cruz truly believed in libertarian principles he would support Rand, not run against him. Cruz is a schmuck.
    In our complex world, the establishment has set up a guy to take down Rand, who may also be technically smarter than Rand. Both can be true without being in competition.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    In our complex world, the establishment has set up a guy to take down Rand, who may also be technically smarter than Rand. Both can be true without being in competition.
    Possibly, but even Cruz isn't acceptable to the establishment.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Possibly, but even Cruz isn't acceptable to the establishment.
    Cruz's job isn't to win. It's to split the anti-Bush vote and give the nomination to Jeb.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    Cruz's job isn't to win. It's to split the anti-Bush vote and give the nomination to Jeb.
    ^^^This

Cruz's academic credentials at Princeton are pretty impressive. Cruz is a very sharp man but too wooden at times.
    I don't want to get into the who's smarter debate; but what credentials are more impressive than getting admitted to Duke Medical as a college junior? Getting them to waive the bachelor degree requirement? they'd have to be pretty darn impressive to top that.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I don't want to get into the who's smarter debate; but what credentials are more impressive than getting admitted to Duke Medical as a college junior? Getting them to waive the bachelor degree requirement? they'd have to be pretty darn impressive to top that.
    IIRC, Duke did not have a BA/BS requirement to enter medical school when Rand entered. Nothing was waived. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cruise is one of the least likely candidates to win the primary and even more unlikely to win the general...
    so it's hard to believe he is running to win.

there are ways his running could help Rand.
    especially if he drops out and supports him.

I guess I'm not 100% convinced he's running to help the establishment candidate.
    a feud between supporters isn't helpful though.

We'll see I guess.
    slinging mud at Cruise won't do anything but hurt us.
    Remember when we ticked off all of Cain's support by making it our mission to convince the world he wasn't a serious candidate?

blowback is real.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    EXACTLY. Unlike Rand, Ted doesn't have to worry about a reelection till 2018. In his mind, he's only running to make sure Governor Bush is his POTUS during his re-election & that the Right To Rise Super PAC can buy him a commercial or two with George P. Bush in TX with left over campaign funds.... *baby barf*
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by FriedChicken View Post
    I guess I'm not 100% convinced he's running to help the establishment candidate.
    a feud between supporters isn't helpful though.

We'll see I guess.
    slinging mud at Cruise won't do anything but hurt us.
    Remember when we ticked off all of Cain's support by making it our mission to convince the world he wasn't a serious candidate?

blowback is real.
    He really might NOT be. But at this moment, it's too soon to determine IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    IIRC, Duke did not have a BA/BS requirement to enter medical school when Rand entered. Nothing was waived. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Perhaps "requirement" was the wrong word; but they generally only accepted students with them.
    The exact quote from Duke is, "At the time he was admitted to our medical school, Duke sometimes did admit students of exceptional abilities. Other professional schools have done that," said Schoenfeld, noting that Duke now requires its medical students to have bachelor's degrees"

also worth noting:
    "Paul was in the honors program at Baylor and scored about the 90th percentile on the national Medical College Admission Test, Stafford said"

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/05/1...a-reports.html

As I said, Randals own schooling credentials would be pretty darn tough to beat if that's one's standard for judging intelligence.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No thoughts on the whereabouts of Cruz's long form birth certificate? The Hypocrisy is dripping.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    No thoughts on the whereabouts of Cruz's long form birth certificate? The Hypocrisy is dripping.
    Why would there be any thoughts about it when he freely admits he wasn't born in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    This is stupid.

1-Cruz admits he was born in Canada. Do you suspect he was born in the U.S.?
    2-Cruz never called for Obama's birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by philipped View Post
    EXACTLY.
    I hope we're wrong and Cruz is really working with Paul. But I won't believe it unless he drops out immediately after Iowa and endorses Rand.

As soon as Cruz and Rand begin to exchange shots, Alex will side with Rand and Cruz will be an evil globalist.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast