Thread: Cops Who Shot and Killed Unarmed Autistic Black Man Awarded Nearly $2 Million Dollars Each

Cops Who Shot and Killed Unarmed Autistic Black Man Awarded Nearly $2 Million Dollars Each

I'm so sickened, I have no words.
    WTF?

Cops Who Shot and Killed Unarmed Autistic Black Man Awarded Nearly $2 Million Dollars Each

A lawsuit had been filed by both Officer George Diego and Officer Allan Corrales, against their department. They claimed that they were “discriminated” against after shooting Steven Eugene Washington.

The lawsuit contends that their restriction to desk duty after the shooting was “a retaliatory act” and “discrimination” against them.

It seems almost impossible to believe, but the jury agreed with them and awarded the two nearly $2 million dollars each. That broke down to $1.9 million dollars to Officer Diego and $2 million to Officer Corrales.

Chief Charlie Beck said that the idea that the two were placed on desk duty because they are Latino – as the suit alleges – is preposterous. They were, instead, placed on desk duty because they shot an innocent, unarmed man – an African American man at that, he added. This made them a potential liability, and that alone accounted for the desk duty, not anti-Latino racism.

The victim of the two officers had an IQ of 40, which accounted for his walking with a blank stare. But instead of properly assessing the situation and the individual, the two opened fire, killing Washington.

The 27-year-old man with autism was killed on March 20, 2010 for nothing more than that “blank stare,” according to an internal investigation report. They said that this look indicated “suspicious activity.”

When Washington reached for his cellphone, the two LAPD officers shot him right in the head, killing him.

Chief Beck stood by the officers, ruling that they “had acted reasonable,” but he put them on desk duty nevertheless. Now, both men are millionaires, while Washington is dead for nothing more than being autistic and reaching for his cellphone while having committed no crime whatsoever.

Video at link...
    http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/0...-dollars-each/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chief Beck stood by the officers, ruling that they “had acted reasonable,”
    So wut u bitchin' 'bout? YOU stood by the official exoneration.

I hope they die a horrible death before they get to spend the check.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    So wut u bitchin' 'bout? YOU stood by the official exoneration.

I hope they die a horrible death before they get to spend the check.
    Plus, that 4 million is only a couple months of asset forfeiture, so they're not really even set back that much.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

It’s Slow people “with blank stares ” and “walking into police bullets.”
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

That is what you call a zombie-qualified-target, for most agencies those score the officers bonus kill points toward their next promotion.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

SMDH. Total disregard for human life...I believe what goes around comes around.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Jury.

I'm getting to the point of giving up and saying they totally deserve it. It's about to go full on Armageddon with the Antichrist and genocides that will make Vlad the impaler look like the Cookie Monster. I don't think I will have much sympathy for those jurors as they slowly slide down the pike.