Thread: NYPD Commissioner Bratton: Privacy Advocates Have To “Get A Life”

Thumbs down NYPD Commissioner Bratton: Privacy Advocates Have To “Get A Life”

Ummm how about no?

“The advocates have to get a life,” Bratton said in response to the privacy advocates’ concerns. “We are not out there eavesdropping. That’s not what the system does, that’s not what it is designed to do, it’s not what it is capable of. So get a life and move on to some other issue. We’re not out there eavesdropping on public conversations. I’ve got enough to do without doing that.”
    Source: http://benswann.com/nypd-commissione...to-get-a-life/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So the NYPD doesn't have Stingray's?

They got people to choke and kill. Ain't nobody got time for spying.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

I already have one. Thank you very much. And I'd prefer you stay the hell out of it.

Dont like him? vote him out? oh wait you cannot, ok, vote out his boss? oh wait you cant.

HMMMM, stalemate.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    Dont like him? vote him out? oh wait you cannot, ok, vote out his boss? oh wait you cant.

HMMMM, stalemate.
    You know what your problem is? You're simply not voting hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Lol you're right. I think I'll take that voting class I saw down at the local college.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Try to imagine what the news headlines will look in 50 years.

They have access to all this data, computers are getting faster, and there are more of them. Cheaper, smaller, and easier and easier to collect this data on everyone. Computers become more efficient and capable of doing more and more. Not just facial recognition but mood recognition and predictive behavioral analasys. An absolute treasure trove for Marketers and Salesmen, and a Tyrants pipe dream. Crush any who dont like such and such a product, and destroy any who spread ideas that do not support Tyranny. Dont stop at just the Internet, but extend it to every aspect of your life. Drug testing internet enabled toilets based on hands free flushing. Internet ready stoves and dishwashers and refrigerators. Internet ready cars. TVs that watch you. Lightbulbs with facial recognition. Your Smart Watch that record all your biometrics, GPS location, and who you interact with and what you say. Delivery Drones that put a lot of people out of jobs. Smart cars that drive themselves. Extend this to Smart Semi Trucks with no drivers whose goods are loaded and unloaded by the Smart Forklift. Police are replaced with Police Drones and cameras and microphones on every stop sign and street lamp. Fifty years ago, we imagined Flying Cars that we would be in control of. Instead, we end up with self driving cars that monitor our every action and we have Zero control over. But in just 50 years, just as we were unable to imagine the future that exists right now, we are also just as unable to imagine how things will change and what will come next. Fifty years is a very long time in terms of technology, and it might as well be like asking a cave man to tell us exactly what life will be like in 50,000 years. Things change that much. But its not the advance in technology that you should be concerned with, it is the direction it is going. And it is all going toward Total Surveillance, and Total Control over every aspect of your life. Everything that makes you you is subject to approval, thus it is subject to be influenced by others. Controllers have already concluded that it is easier to have a Tool do the work for you instead of doing the work themselves, and your behavioral modifications will be performed by Tools, not Humans. Your Tickets and Fines will be made automatic, the same way as comptuers now apply Late Fees without human interaction. Courts may still have some humans, who follow the recommendations of computers. Wars will be dictated based on the advice of computer algorithms, not by skilled military leaders with even a shred of Morality. Many religious people fear the Atheist due to purported Lack of Morality. What is the Ultimate Atheist but a Machine? The Atheistic Machine that decides the course of your life and regulates your actions that doesnt even have the consciousness to understand some actions are completely immoral. These Machines and Computers still remain Tools to those who control them, and by extension, other humans. The technology will change drastically, and a small group of dominant men will dictate to the machines what changes they demand take place in society. These are all consequences of going too far down a road in the wrong direction. Dystopia occurs from Technology without Humanity, and these coming Machines, Surveillance Tools, and Computers that dictate your behavior will be wholy devoid of everything that makes us Human. When we advance our Technology this far in the wrong direction, we evolve backwards as a species and undermine every achievement and every redeeming quality that once made us barely civilized.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    oh yeah, cause we trust you and all... cause you guys have never been caught doing something exactly like this..

$#@! that guy. you are a parasite who produces absolutely nothing and further, you talk about the people who pay for your food like a bunch of $#@!s.. you and the rest like you can go $#@! off.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

There are two messages in this statement.

#1 - You need us.
    #2 - Since you need us, we can do what ever the $#@! we want.

Wrong on both accounts.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Try to imagine what the news headlines will look in 50 years.

They have access to all this data, computers are getting faster, and there are more of them. Cheaper, smaller, and easier and easier to collect this data on everyone. Computers become more efficient and capable of doing more and more. Not just facial recognition but mood recognition and predictive behavioral analasys. An absolute treasure trove for Marketers and Salesmen, and a Tyrants pipe dream. Crush any who dont like such and such a product, and destroy any who spread ideas that do not support Tyranny. Dont stop at just the Internet, but extend it to every aspect of your life. Drug testing internet enabled toilets based on hands free flushing. Internet ready stoves and dishwashers and refrigerators. Internet ready cars. TVs that watch you. Lightbulbs with facial recognition. Your Smart Watch that record all your biometrics, GPS location, and who you interact with and what you say. Delivery Drones that put a lot of people out of jobs. Smart cars that drive themselves. Extend this to Smart Semi Trucks with no drivers whose goods are loaded and unloaded by the Smart Forklift. Police are replaced with Police Drones and cameras and microphones on every stop sign and street lamp. Fifty years ago, we imagined Flying Cars that we would be in control of. Instead, we end up with self driving cars that monitor our every action and we have Zero control over. But in just 50 years, just as we were unable to imagine the future that exists right now, we are also just as unable to imagine how things will change and what will come next. Fifty years is a very long time in terms of technology, and it might as well be like asking a cave man to tell us exactly what life will be like in 50,000 years. Things change that much. But its not the advance in technology that you should be concerned with, it is the direction it is going. And it is all going toward Total Surveillance, and Total Control over every aspect of your life. Everything that makes you you is subject to approval, thus it is subject to be influenced by others. Controllers have already concluded that it is easier to have a Tool do the work for you instead of doing the work themselves, and your behavioral modifications will be performed by Tools, not Humans. Your Tickets and Fines will be made automatic, the same way as comptuers now apply Late Fees without human interaction. Courts may still have some humans, who follow the recommendations of computers. Wars will be dictated based on the advice of computer algorithms, not by skilled military leaders with even a shred of Morality. Many religious people fear the Atheist due to purported Lack of Morality. What is the Ultimate Atheist but a Machine? The Atheistic Machine that decides the course of your life and regulates your actions that doesnt even have the consciousness to understand some actions are completely immoral. These Machines and Computers still remain Tools to those who control them, and by extension, other humans. The technology will change drastically, and a small group of dominant men will dictate to the machines what changes they demand take place in society. These are all consequences of going too far down a road in the wrong direction. Dystopia occurs from Technology without Humanity, and these coming Machines, Surveillance Tools, and Computers that dictate your behavior will be wholy devoid of everything that makes us Human. When we advance our Technology this far in the wrong direction, we evolve backwards as a species and undermine every achievement and every redeeming quality that once made us barely civilized.
    Meh. Machines are machines. They do not feel, emote, think. They do what their creators tell them to. Bad input=bad output. Until Skynet is fully online and self-aware, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Yup, that.^^ Go to the polls with moar people next time. That'll show 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Well, he's right you know. If we had lives that really mattered to them, then they'd have much more $#@! to spy on us about and use against us.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

If the Government has a tool capable of abusing power that power will be abused.

If the Government has a means to infringe on the rights of citizens, those rights will be infringed.

Our Government has a new policy on transparency , the only time they lie is when they speak.

, ,

“We are not out there eavesdropping."
    You're a lying $#@!.

FOAD, just $#@!ing FOAD.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Meh. Machines are machines. They do not feel, emote, think. They do what their creators tell them to. Bad input=bad output. Until Skynet is fully online and self-aware, of course.
    Exactly the problem. When they run our lives, were pretty much screwed, and for the most part, many already do. They determine our credit scores, used to do medical values, consider our positions, then we have our smart phones that tell us when to wake up, when to take our assigned soma pills, and eventually, we surrender every shred of control of our lives to the machines. Just tell me what to do and what to think. That is what too many want already.
    1776 > 1984

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Imagine that an overpaid ninny of the state telling his underlings to "get a life".

Oh, and then there is this: Court Orders Erie County Sheriff to Disclose Use of Stingray Surveillance Device
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

1984 Didn't get here till about 2001 ±, but it's here a lot deeper than predicted. In ten years I won't recognize this place...wait , I don't recongnize it now...:shruggs:

Privacy advocates have to get a new NYPD Commissioner.

NYPD should all quit and get a life.

Damn it, I knew it was my fault.

Vote harder!
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    NYPD should all quit and get a life.
    NYPD should all quit life.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    NYPD should all quit life.
    That sounds like a threat. Report You I will(I get extra credit for being a SeeSoSaySo)
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Privacy advocates have to get a new NYPD Commissioner.
    Thread Winner.

If this NYPD Commissioner shows absolutely no respect for the 4th Amendment, then he will show no respect for the rest of the Bill of Rights either.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Damn it, I knew it was my fault.

Vote harder!
    Last edited by DamianTV; 03-26-2015 at 02:02 AM.
    1776 > 1984

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    on the other hand, properly programmed they can parse a wall of text like a champ