Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bunch of kids wear Rand Paul shirts at Cruz's announcment

Quote Originally Posted by whoisjohngalt View Post
    If his loyalty was in question, the electorate should be smart enough not to elect him. If they aren't, they get the government they deserve.

What if his parents were Russian spies and he was a citizen who was raised to be subversive? It's just as ridiculous and it's a completely xenophobic law. The first many Presidents weren't born in America. Martin Van Buren was more Dutch then American. It's nonsense and is not required in a free society.

I've found in my thirty year here that immigrants have much greater respect and loyalty for this country then most of the native born. They certainly know way more about our history and laws.
    Then they would know how to legally change the law... not just ignore it. Reminds me of the president we have.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And you could if you became a Canadian citizenship no matter where you were born, because other countries don't have such an incredibly stupid, anachronistic, and xenophobic law preventing it.

You are clearly a proud Murican though as evidenced by your utter lack of knowledge of how any other countries political system works. You don't run for prime minister. You are appointed PM if you are the leader of a party that wins a majority of seats in Parliament.

But who gives a $#@!? Murica!!!
    Really could care less how the Canadians conduct their business...we have enough issues here to fill my life. and $#@! Yeah I still like Murica and will do what I can to defend it for my kids. Stop being so hostile and childish.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    Private institutions are perfectly within their rights to lay down codes of conduct for people who want to be a part of those institutions, on penalty of the severance of their membership. Mind you, some of those rules do seem unreasonable to me (no R-rated movies, no dancing, no kissing?), but they are perfectly compatible with liberty so long as they are part of an entirely voluntary agreement which the students accept when joining the university.
    "... entirely voluntary agreement"? Bull$#@!.

These institutions - not individuals - are state-mandated roadblocks to the practice of many professions including medicine, your access to one of the three branches of government, professional engineering, most teaching jobs, etc. It is racketeering.

Feel free to defend them, but I hope you are compensated for your "services". Don't forget to wipe your chin.

Quote Originally Posted by serenityrick View Post
    His mother is a US citizen. Therefore he is a citizen.
    Ted Cruz is a natural born duel-citizen, as opposed to a natural born American citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by serenityrick View Post
    Can you imagine if a pregnant woman gave birth on vacation in say.. France and her son or daughter was no longer eligible to be President because of that? That's stupid.
    That is, in fact the law, but apparently they stopped teaching kids about this during the last decade or so.
    The law can be changed but you can't just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Oh yeah? What's his name? How do you know him?
    Joseph Elijah McGowan. He goes by "Eli." I know him because he used to date a girl that lives in the same town that I do. Then he moved back to Virginia and now attends Liberty University.

those kids in the shirts...they're hurting Rands chances.

brings back memories. I love the "warhawk" comment.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Ted Cruz is a natural born duel-citizen, as opposed to a natural born American citizen.

That is, in fact the law, but apparently they stopped teaching kids about this during the last decade or so.
    The law can be changed but you can't just ignore it.

You're entirely mistaken dude, I don't know what to say. Even liberal constitutionalists have said that Ted Cruz is eligible to run for President.

I know this entire board hates the guy, but come on.

Jon Stewart mentioned this last night, go to 2:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dQEgf4VtRQ

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Hahaha, Stewart had some really funny stuff in there, and some well-deserved jabs at Cruz too

On edit: It will be interesting to see what Stewart (not to mention the rest of the MSM) makes of Rand's announcement on April 7.
    Last edited by francisco; 03-24-2015 at 01:36 PM.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    those kids in the shirts...they're hurting Rands chances.
    ...not sure if serious...

But I think it was great. The media tried to spin it as "those wacky libertarians" being disruptive - but in doing so they had to point out how Cruz's adoring 10,000-strong audience was forced to attend = win. Don't know if the kids planned it that way, but that's the result. I say bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

But I think it was great. The media tried to spin it as "those wacky libertarians" being disruptive - but in doing so they had to point out how Cruz's adoring 10,000-strong audience was forced to attend = win. Don't know if the kids planned it that way, but that's the result. I say bravo.
    Same here
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

It couldn't have been scripted better. And I am serious. I'm just wondering if this was a grassroots up initiative or a campaign down initiative. These were members of Young Americans for Liberty. Wish there was a forum member in the area that could get some of the "Stand with Rand" students to do an interview.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 03-24-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It couldn't have been scripted better. And I am serious. I'm just wondering if this was a grassroots up initiative or a campaign down initiative.
    It was a great episode for both the local Rand activists, and for some factions of the Christian right, as it was a sign that more evangelicals can be reached by Rand's message. If Paulians can be mobilized even within Liberty University, it means positive dialogue can be had with, and some votes can be gotten from this group.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Jon Stewart mentioned this last night, go to 2:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dQEgf4VtRQ
    Pretty funny, but Rand's is coming soon....you can guarantee that.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It couldn't have been scripted better. And I am serious. I'm just wondering if this was a grassroots up initiative or a campaign down initiative. These were members of Young Americans for Liberty. Wish there was a forum member in the area that could get some of the "Stand with Rand" students to do an interview.
    here are 2 of them interviewed by USA Today (go to 2:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzUkztZNKlU

h/t The Right Scoop

here are 2 of them interviewed by USA Today (go to 2:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzUkztZNKlU

h/t The Right Scoop
    Seemed like it was just a grassroots up initiative which is wonderful.

If his loyalty was in question, the electorate should be smart enough not to elect him.
    Ridiculous. The natural born citizen clause is just one of many checks and balances against mob rule that the Founders put into our Constitution. Are you one of these people who advocates overthrowing our republican system of government and the entire Constitution in favor of direct democracy? You seem to think the electorate is "smart enough."

What if his parents were Russian spies and he was a citizen who was raised to be subversive?
    Then he shouldn't be President, and if his parents were illegal Russian aliens, he wouldn't be legally eligible to.

The first many Presidents weren't born in America.
    They were born in colonies that declared independence and founded America. And more importantly, they were Americans in 1787, which qualified them to serve as President. I'm pretty sure Ted Cruz isn't 220 years old.

Martin Van Buren was more Dutch then American.
    Van Buren was born to New York citizens in 1782 and was a citizen in 1787.

It's nonsense
    Yes, everything you have said is nonsense. Correct.

and is not required in a free society.
    Free societies gnerally aren't ruled by foreign dictators.

I've found in my thirty year here that immigrants have much greater respect and loyalty for this country
    Your own words belie this statement. You are an immigrant, and here you are agitating against the Constitution and in favor of foreign dictatorship over this country. You are showing zero respect or loyalty.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't realize we had any people as crazy as you on this site. Please leave me alone you jingoistic, xenophobic piece of $#@!.

You are a disgrace to the cause of liberty. You should not be here.

The John Steward video was funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

And you could if you became a Canadian citizenship no matter where you were born, because other countries don't have such an incredibly stupid, anachronistic, and xenophobic law preventing it.

You are clearly a proud Murican though as evidenced by your utter lack of knowledge of how any other countries political system works. You don't run for prime minister. You are appointed PM if you are the leader of a party that wins a majority of seats in Parliament.

But who gives a $#@!? Murica!!!
    Every time I see you post, you are condescending and insulting.. We get it, you are a super cool liberty guy
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

. Please leave me alone .
    If you don't want me to reply to your posts, don't post anti-American pro-tyranny lies and bull$#@!. Thanks for proving you have no respect, and no coherent logical argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    Every time I see you post, you are condescending and insulting.. We get it, you are a super cool liberty guy
    I think every time is a bit of hyperbole.

And I feel 0 remorse for being insulting and condescending to people to people with attitudes deserving of such treatment.
    Admittedly, my most recent posts have been more vitriolic and combative than usual and I've been using internet arguments for cathartic release, lately.

But the market doesn't seem to dislike it as much as you do, based on the all the rep I've gotten lately.
    Sorry that I have offended you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123