Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the make-up of Rand Paul's base?

State election, not federal.

The apparatus which controls what passes for the federal government these days doesn't really care who goes to Congress.

It owns Congress. For that matter, it owns the executive branch also,...but it prefers someone who is easy to work with in the executive branch. And it doesn't want the liberty movement to become any more troublesome than it already is. So,..anyone who even hints at being genuinely predisposed to liberty will be eliminated from contention during the primaries.

This is the USSA, folks.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    State election, not federal.

The apparatus which controls what passes for the federal government these days doesn't really care who goes to Congress.

It owns Congress. For that matter, it owns the executive branch also,...but it prefers someone who is easy to work with in the executive branch. And it doesn't want the liberty movement to become any more troublesome than it already is. So,..anyone who even hints at being genuinely predisposed to liberty will be eliminated from contention during the primaries.

This is the USSA, folks.
    Give me a break, U.S Senate is a federal election.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well,..it's federal to the extent that it's a federal office,..but the senate is chosen by voters in the state they hail from.

Like I said. The apparatus which controls the federal government doesn't care who comes to its congress. Congress is owned by the powers that be,..as is the executive branch,..as is the judicial.

Like I said,...the USSA.

Well,...good luck.

But it's a bit perplexing to me that so many people aren't able to process what transpired during the 2012 GOP primary.

It should be obvious to all who watched that the political process in national GOP political matters is highly corrupt,..and those who corrupt the process will not be swayed by Rand Paul.
    The biggest reason Ron Paul didn't become the nominee wasn't the GOP. Ron Paul had no chance of winning from start. There is a reason no one attacked him in the debates even when he was doing well in states. There is a reason no one attacked him and the media didn't vet him until a couple weeks before Iowa. A septuagenarian, minor House Rep. that has views that are out of step with most of the party is not becoming President. If Romney or someone wanted to firebomb Ron Paul with ads of Alex Jones clips and doomsday predictions and newsletter quotes, they could have nuked him in a week if he became a threat.

Rand Paul is doing his best to preemptively address issues that he will be harshly attacked on if he becomes a serious threat. It isn't an accident that Rand Paul is addressing Israel so much and minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    The biggest reason Ron Paul didn't become the nominee wasn't the GOP.
    As I said, it's perplexing to me that so many people can't process what transpired during the 2012 GOP primary.

rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I heard this same defeatism when Rand was running for Senate: "They don't care who's in the U.S House, but they will never let a Paul be in the Senate" We heard a lot of that, but Rand won in a landslide. There's always people telling us we can't get up the next hill. So far they have been wrong. Will Rand win? I don't know. But he has more of a chance than any grassroots candidate in a long time.

To say they don't care who is elected to congress is absurd. Of course they do, that's why they try so hard to defeat good candidates. And to oust people like Justin Amash and Walter Jones.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

As I said, it's perplexing to me that so many people can't process what transpired during the 2012 GOP primary.
    Good point. I forgot the role the Builderbergers and Rothchilds played in keeping him from exposing the New World Order.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Give me a break, U.S Senate is a federal election.
    Civics "education" FAIL.

If it were a federal election, everyone in the nation would be voting on every senator in the land. It is a state election of their "representatives" in DC.

Jesus... are you serious?

No soup for you.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Rand Paul is doing what he's doing with the Israel lobby and black voters in order to insulate himself from criticism that he's racist, anti-Israel or antisemitic. I've been saying this forever. The Israel-firsters are never going to vote for him in large numbers, neither will blacks. He's smart enough to know this, so that's not why he's doing it.

To the point, his base are generic conservatives, paleocons, small government neocons, libertarians, libertarian leaning Republicans, capitalists tea partiers and sensible ancaps. In other words, the liberty movement plus a couple other groups.
    I absolutely can and do believe that the son of Ron Paul truly does, in his heart, believe in real criminal justice reform and is doing that for the right reasons.

I can't for even one second believe that the son of Ron Paul signed that ridiculous, grandstanding Tom Cotton Iran letter for any reason other than to shut the NeoCons up and because he felt he had to for political reasons.

Who is his base?
    They may not realize it yet, but:

If you like the stuff to go away when you flush.
    If you like lite bulbs that don't make your eyes go buggy and take a HAZMAT team to clean up if you drop one.
    If you lost your doctor and just want health CARE you can afford and not health INSURANCE you can't.
    If you lost your job or got cut back to half time because, well Obamacare.
    If you are tired of seeing your relatives come back from the sandbox in body bags.
    If you have a relative or friend wasting away their life in prison for a gram of crack or a pot seed.

So yeah, if any of the above and more resembles you, you are a Rand Paul supporter, but probably don't realize it yet.

-t

I've seen him trying to gain an advantage with African Americans, I've seen him attempting to appeal to the Israeli lobby, I've seen him throw a few crumbs to the liberty movement, but I've yet to see him nail down an ideology that would garner him large scale favor with any of those groups.

So,...what is Rand Paul's base?
    Concern trolling at it's finest.

You seem to think your opinion is more important than mathematical fact. I'm not sure if you were educated in basic statistics or if you've ever looked at any polls, but all of your claims aren't backed up by the numbers.

Sure, the depth of Ron's support might have been greater, meaning more fervent support, but the width of his support isn't even comparable. Rand's favorable/unfavorables are vastly superior to Ron's. Rand is a second choice for far more people than Ron ever was. Far fewer people say they could never vote for Rand than said the same for Ron.

You're just trying to foment trouble. Stop.
    Last edited by whoisjohngalt; 03-23-2015 at 08:25 AM.

Last guess, Avon.

Quote Originally Posted by whoisjohngalt View Post
    It was an honest question that Rand needs to ask himself.

As for causing him trouble,...I lack the influence to cause a small fraction of the trouble that Rand causes himself.

Good read:

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2...-pauls-munich/

You seem to think your opinion is more important than mathematical fact. I'm not sure if you were educated in basic statistics or if you've ever looked at any polls, but all of your claims aren't backed up by the numbers.

Sure, the depth of Ron's support might have been greater, meaning more fervent support, but the width of his support isn't even comparable. Rand's favorable/unfavorables are vastly superior to Ron's. Rand is a second choice for far more people than Ron ever was. Far fewer people say they could never vote for Rand than said the same for Ron.

I have no idea how you got any of this from the OP's post. It's a legitimate question. One you obiviously can't answer.

At one time on these forums a long long time ago, this was the type discussions that needed to happen. Especially to hone the message.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Smart people. Reasonable people. People with a fervent desire to be free.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
    I'd imagine those who support him will comprise his base. However its a strong bet that those who opppse him will not.

My prediction for the NCAA tournament, I think the team that scores the most points has a great chance to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Who is his base?
    They may not realize it yet, but:

If you like the stuff to go away when you flush.
    If you like lite bulbs that don't make your eyes go buggy and take a HAZMAT team to clean up if you drop one.
    If you lost your doctor and just want health CARE you can afford and not health INSURANCE you can't.
    If you lost your job or got cut back to half time because, well Obamacare.
    If you are tired of seeing your relatives come back from the sandbox in body bags.
    If you have a relative or friend wasting away their life in prison for a gram of crack or a pot seed.

So yeah, if any of the above and more resembles you, you are a Rand Paul supporter, but probably don't realize it yet.

-t
    Absolutely. These people are his base. The mainstream mafia is pretending he has no base because they are only interested in demographics, not individuals. Rand Paul's base are his base because they have no intention of sitting in a mainstream mafia pigeonhole.

This. There are dozens of facts not in evidence stated in the OP.

The Mainstream Mafia has not been around half a century. It's a baby. Hearst tried to do it, but failed. Luce built it, but didn't live long enough to see the independent voices strangled out. And then came the internet, which short-circuited the hell out of the new mainstream mafia.

The powers that be have trashed the economy, seemingly deliberately, and have kept printing FRNs until they are worth less than a nickel was in 1913. And people are starting to care, because the march of progress dictates that they should have better lives than their parents and they do not. There is a reason that when we and Ron Paul started talking about the Fed, hardly anyone knew and hardly anyone cared, but these things are no longer true.

Rand Paul does not know he can't win, and neither do I. History has thrown in some brand new variables, and the game is wide open until history determines that it is not. And I, for one, am determined to use those variables to help make history judge that the game has a whole new set of rules.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-23-2015 at 02:22 PM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I heard this same defeatism when Rand was running for Senate: "They don't care who's in the U.S House, but they will never let a Paul be in the Senate" We heard a lot of that, but Rand won in a landslide. There's always people telling us we can't get up the next hill. So far they have been wrong. Will Rand win? I don't know. But he has more of a chance than any grassroots candidate in a long time.

To say they don't care who is elected to congress is absurd. Of course they do, that's why they try so hard to defeat good candidates. And to oust people like Justin Amash and Walter Jones.
    Some in the movement way overestimate the control the establishment has on elections. When Rand won, I remember thinking it proved that they don't have as much control as we think they do, which is why Rand has been working on making friends all over. Rand will be able to get a lot of key endorsements. Those at the very top won't be able to control what happens.

Yeah, well,.....good luck.

But pay attention this time. You're going to learn something that many in the liberty movement learned in 2008 and had reinforced in 2012.

It was an honest question that Rand needs to ask himself.

As for causing him trouble,...I lack the influence to cause a small fraction of the trouble that Rand causes himself.

Good read:

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2...-pauls-munich/
    I've read it and almost every other piece ever written on Rand.

I think you know whose Rand base is. Hence I'm still going with concern trolling.

If you don't then you are severely lacking in the basic skills required to have any influence in the political process. Reading some articles is valuable. Reading polls much more so. They paint a clear, objective picture of "who his base is".

I think it's fairly obvious you are one of three things.

1. Supporter of another candidate
    2. A purist who would only ever support Ron
    3. A democrat

There is a fourth option that rhymes with "schmidiot" but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

yeah,...that must be it.

I don't know what to think about Rand. Part of ne is like "We'll he is just being smart to position himself as more of a "acceptable" politician rather than be an outcast like his father." but then again I wonder if he is willing to do that isn't he just more of the same? A guy that will fold to the Israel lobby, the DOD, etc? My biggest fear is he taints the name of libertarians just like guys like Bush did with conservatives. I don't know. But I just wish he would stop pussyfooting and state his position. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I'd say it's plausible that his base would conflate with pseudo-libertarian teapartiers, anti-federalists (decentralized collectivists) and "libertarian leaning" neo-conservatives, I find his stances on economic policy far too beltway as well as his inordinate interventionism abroad highly impertinent and nowhere near up to par with his father. He also expounds the deleterious Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement which like NAFTA and other so called multilateral "FTAs" will continue to undermine individual sovereignty and dwindle the middle classes but with even further stimulated intensification. Some people who voted for Ron Paul in 08 and 12 have expressed fervent skepticism towards him for these very reasons and consider him to be a LINO (Libertarian in Name Only) like Glenn Beck, Wayne Allen Root and the Koch Brothers.
    Last edited by Aspie Minarcho-Capitalist; 04-07-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12