Thread: WV Governor vetoes Constitutional Carry

Thumbs down WV Governor vetoes Constitutional Carry

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Tomblin said “Law enforcement officers throughout the state have voiced overwhelming opposition to this bill. In light of their concerns and in the interest of public safety, I believe a veto is appropriate.”
    copsucking piece of $#@!

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Tomblin said “Law enforcement officers throughout the state have voiced overwhelming opposition to this bill. In light of their concerns and in the interest of public safety, I believe a veto is appropriate.”
    Didn't the senate just pass this 99-0? Apparently there wasn't any real outcry...

Vote this jack ass out.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Democrat
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

-Benjamin Franklin
    Last edited by tasteless; 03-21-2015 at 05:20 AM.
    (No, I'm not the Starcraft guy)

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old.
    And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post
    Didn't the senate just pass this 99-0? Apparently there wasn't any real outcry...

Vote this jack ass out.
    Sounds like enough juice for a veto override

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Sounds like enough juice for a veto override
    Legislature is out of session. Curious, the timing of all this. We are hoping an emergency session will be convened. There has been a call for it in the form of a letter, as I have been told. So far, no joy, but it is still a little premature to toss in the towel on this one. One of my closest friends whom I have known for over 20 years and who just happens to live 2 miles from me (a happy coincidence we moved what out here is considered "right next door") was in a foul mood of this yesterday. I think a lot of people here are similarly unhappy. I am looking into whether there is anything better than symbolic that we can do here... so far, I have nothing in hand. Anyone else from WV, if you know anything effective, other than stringing Tomblin up on the steps of the Capitol, I'm ready.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

copsucking piece of $#@!
    Looks like a typically corpulent, smug, and endlessly corrupt southern Democrat.

He looks like Boss Hawg.

All this bull$#@! about "public safety" makes me want to hurl. Respect for fundamental rights are the greatest fortification and guarantee of so-called "public safety".

What in hell does "public safety" even mean? Is there a rigorous definition of the term anywhere? To my eyes, it is just another euphemism for "despotic control" masquerading as valid and authoritative concern for... well, fundamental rights.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post

Vote this jack ass out.
    If that's true then an over-ride should be easy. Make him eat his own veto pen and then vote him out.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Legislature is out of session..
    That was a dirty move on the governor's part then.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Legislature is out of session. Curious, the timing of all this. We are hoping an emergency session will be convened. There has been a call for it in the form of a letter, as I have been told. So far, no joy, but it is still a little premature to toss in the towel on this one. One of my closest friends whom I have known for over 20 years and who just happens to live 2 miles from me (a happy coincidence we moved what out here is considered "right next door") was in a foul mood of this yesterday. I think a lot of people here are similarly unhappy. I am looking into whether there is anything better than symbolic that we can do here... so far, I have nothing in hand.
    My guess is that it will be brought up early enough again next session to be able override the Governor's veto.
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 03-22-2015 at 12:24 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

............. stringing Tomblin up on the steps of the Capitol, ............
    I see that you are well aware of the preferred solution, so I have nothing to add.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Police (as a collective) have no rights and no say in the matter.
    They are (presumably) public servants,, and are subject to the will of the people. The people decide what the law is or is not.

Why is this POS Authoritarian listening to a minority opinion of paid servants? rather than the overwhelming voice of the people they allegedly serve.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom