Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is beer getting expensive?

Is beer getting expensive?

I was at Target yesterday and it sure seems like craft beer price are going up. It seems like most of them cost like $9 and up. I could've sworn most of them were in the $7 to $8 range not too long ago. I guess they don't use much oil in their manufacturing process!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I homebrew.

I pay milwaukee's best prices for craft beer quality.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Everything I like has been $9-10 per six pack for about two years.
    But I gave up on JW Dundee, Rolling Rock, and all the other "fillers" a while ago.
    I'm not gonna get to drink 20 of them, so I can afford for the 4 or 5 I do drink to be better quality.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

If you want to talk expensive beers, at our baseball stadium they sell a lot of local craft beers (this is a major area for them). There a 22 ouncer can set you back $15. A six pack of the same beer will run you about $10 at the local grocery store. (I can remember when $1 a bottle was considered expensive!). Things like a Budweiser six pack used to run $3.99 and a premium as much as $6.99.

Is there a shortage of beer? (maybe a supply and demand thing is happening)

Maybe the value of your new money is going down, so now it just takes
    a whole lot more of it in exchange for the same old goods and services.

IDK - never drink the stuff.

I can't say. I don't look at the prices.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

So GMO's are going up in price? I wouldn't drink beer for all the tea in China, unless it is organic beer. Bud, Miller; et al I no longer touch the stuff.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Is there a shortage of beer? (maybe a supply and demand thing is happening)

Maybe the value of your new money is going down, so now it just takes
    a whole lot more of it in exchange for the same old goods and services.

IDK - never drink the stuff.
    there may be a shortage of clean water if it's brewed in California. But we all know droughts are NATURAL so don't worry about it, it'll come down again, just like climate always changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    If you want to talk expensive beers, at our baseball stadium they sell a lot of local craft beers (this is a major area for them). There a 22 ouncer can set you back $15. A six pack of the same beer will run you about $10 at the local grocery store. (I can remember when $1 a bottle was considered expensive!). Things like a Budweiser six pack used to run $3.99 and a premium as much as $6.99.
    we're not rich like you who can go to baseball games on your shill pay. talk some common sense please.

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    we're not rich like you who can go to baseball games on your shill pay.
    No need to get jealous, just because Zip does better at his paid forum job than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

there may be a shortage of clean water if it's brewed in California. But we all know droughts are NATURAL so don't worry about it, it'll come down again, just like climate always changes.
    The central valley was meant to be a desert, nobody drinks beer from there anyway.LOL

My local price on a six pack of cold Tall Boys went up 31 cents a few weeks ago . Bummer.That is at least a $1.55 out of my vacation fund every week for 52 weeks.

Is beer getting expensive?
    No, it isnt the beer that is getting more expensive, it is the purchasing power of your dollars that is going down. Gotta quit thinking that the Price of things goes up cuz that is only the result of less value of each dollar.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Target sells beer?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    No, it isnt the beer that is getting more expensive, it is the purchasing power of your dollars that is going down. Gotta quit thinking that the Price of things goes up cuz that is only the result of less value of each dollar.
    + rep

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's always deals to be found. Now's a good time to look for them too as retailers need shelf space for Spring/Summer beers, they will sometimes discount their Winter styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Target sells beer?
    Hell , I guess everybody does , here you can get warm beer at the Marathon station at the junction of 7 & 31, I used to get gas for my tractor there when I lived over that way.The CVS quit selling cigarettes , so now the Dollar Store does.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I was at Target yesterday and it sure seems like craft beer price are going up. It seems like most of them cost like $9 and up. I could've sworn most of them were in the $7 to $8 range not too long ago. I guess they don't use much oil in their manufacturing process!
    Rumor I heard was that it was due to increasing Hop prices .

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    There's always deals to be found. Now's a good time to look for them too as retailers need shelf space for Spring/Summer beers, they will sometimes discount their Winter styles.
    Beer on sale , sounds good .

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    I know, I was just making a point that falling oil prices does not mean we are getting overall "deflation". QE leads to bubbles in asset prices like homes and stocks and oil. Just because those bubbles deflate doesn't mean prices in general are going to fall. If that was true than basically you'd be saying that printing dollars leads to an increase in the unit value of each dollar.

we're not rich like you who can go to baseball games on your shill pay. talk some common sense please.
    I only went to one game last year. But sometimes I just get an outfield park ticket which is something like $12 or $16. You can still go anywhere except the reserved seats behind home plate if they are vacant. Last time I paid a little more. I wanted top deck front row center behind home plate for the fireworks show to get some pictures. Didn't buy any beer.

Before the game:

After:
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-21-2015 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Rumor I heard was that it was due to increasing Hop prices .
    I have trouble believing that when I can hop 5 gallons of brew on a retail level with a $2 foil pack of hops pellets.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

From an old thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Bud/Coors 12 packs are a good standardized indicator. They have gone from a standard discount price of $5.99 (within the past 8 years), to where it's now $11.99. 100% inflation in less than a decade.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    loveshiscountry

Dollar General in Dallas. 12 pack of 12 oz Budweiser $8.95 through April 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    From an old thread:
    That's not true at all in my experience. When I was a teenager 16 years ago, Bud was $5 a six pack, and you'd usually save a dollar buying the 12 pack at $9. It is now $6 a sixer and $11-12, depending on if you're going to a place that does enough volume to get multi-case discounts and/or lower their margins.

I manage a craft beer store, so when I have time in a bit, I'll get into some of the factors of why smaller craft brewers have to charge more, while even big craft producers like Sam Adams and Sierra Nevada have been able to undercut prices a bit by growing to macro sized operations.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

dp
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Well I am drinking a bunch of tall boys I got for less than one paper FRN each tonight , just in case prices go up Tue , by then I will have bought more on Mon

Support the BEER or BREW Acts to lower beer taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    Support the BEER or BREW Acts to lower beer taxes.
    This is why the commies are always $#@!ed up , who cares about some more expensive health "affordable care act" and firearms restrictions ? They are doing it all wrong, if the want to get the people on board who pay the bills they should go with free beer , wine and ammo ,LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast