Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is beer getting expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    This is why the commies are always $#@!ed up , who cares about some more expensive health "affordable care act" and firearms restrictions ? They are doing it all wrong, if the want to get the people on board who pay the bills they should go with free beer , wine and ammo ,LOL

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
    That's not true at all in my experience. When I was a teenager 16 years ago, Bud was $5 a six pack, and you'd usually save a dollar buying the 12 pack at $9. It is now $6 a sixer and $11-12, depending on if you're going to a place that does enough volume to get multi-case discounts and/or lower their margins.

I manage a craft beer store, so when I have time in a bit, I'll get into some of the factors of why smaller craft brewers have to charge more, while even big craft producers like Sam Adams and Sierra Nevada have been able to undercut prices a bit by growing to macro sized operations.
    Sorry, I should have specified that I was talking about a State where alcohol is not discouraged. And as all of my data points are from the same State, I stick by the inflation rate I described.

Recently ran across a micro brew that regularly sells for $14 a six pack. Sticker shock on that.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
    I manage a craft beer store,
    What is your price for a 12-pack of Lagunitas IPA? Sierra Nevada 12 pack?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I was at Target yesterday and it sure seems like craft beer price are going up. It seems like most of them cost like $9 and up. I could've sworn most of them were in the $7 to $8 range not too long ago. I guess they don't use much oil in their manufacturing process!
    Beer always seems ridiculously expensive to me. I'd like to see a good microeconomic analysis of the beer market. Seems weird to me. Kind of like boxes of breakfast cereal. Costco is probably a good place to get your beer.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Beer always seems ridiculously expensive to me. I'd like to see a good microeconomic analysis of the beer market. Seems weird to me. Kind of like boxes of breakfast cereal. Costco is probably a good place to get your beer.
    costco even sell their own house brand beer, which is very cheap.

Wholesale prices for wheat, corn, natural gas, and diesel, all commodities that are priced into the cost of beer are all low, some lower than they've been in years, so a commodity based story to explain the cost increase in beer (if it is actually happening) doesn't make a lot of sense.

I can get a sixer of busch light tallboys for 4bucks and change, so I don't complain

Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    costco even sell their own house brand beer, which is very cheap.
    Didn't know that. Good to know. I'll take a look next time I'm there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12