View Poll Results: Who will you vote for if Rand is not the 2016 GOP nominee?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • The neocon GOP nominee

3 5.26%
  • The Libertarian nominee

25 43.86%
  • Hillary!

4 7.02%
  • I wouldn't vote

25 43.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Rand is not the nominee, would you vote for Hillary?

If Rand is not the nominee, would you vote for Hillary?

I argue you should vote for Hillary. Any other vote makes the neocon Republican more likely to win, which will prevent Rand from having a chance in 2020, and by 2024 all government ill will be back to being attributed to the Republican party again.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bad poll is bad. In the past two presidential election cycles I neither voted republican nor democrat nor libertarian. I chose Chuck Baldwin over Bob Barr and Virgil Goode over Gary Johnson. Time has shown that neither Bob Barr nor Gary Johnson were worth my vote. If the LP puts up someone else as sorry as that I won't vote LP in 2016 either. I'm not going to go from the lesser of two evils to the lesser of three evils.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    I argue you should vote for Hillary. Any other vote makes the neocon Republican more likely to win, which will prevent Rand from having a chance in 2020, and by 2024 all government ill will be back to being attributed to the Republican party again.
    I saw a meme on my FB page that said "If Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush become president, which country will you move to." I concur. If we don't win this time then I may just give up on politics altogether and hunker down for the inevitable continued decline of our country. Besides, there's really not any reason to even thing about such scenarios. We haven't had the first primary.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

No, I will vote for who I consider to be the best candidate. I voted for the Constitution Party ticket last time. I probably will again, it looks like the LP will nominate Gary Johnson again, can't stand that guy. Libertarian Presidential candidates generally suck. I wish they would nominate someone like Ron Paul again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Who ever wins will be the front man/woman preselected by the NWO.

This is extremely flawed logic. Most states will be solid Red or solid Blue. Swing states are the only areas where a lesser of 2 evils vote is even something to ponder. As a Texan, Hillary Clinton will never win my state, why should I vote for either of the greater evils? Republicans try to tell me I should not vote my conscience, I have the same answer. If 15% of Texans had voted for a good 3rd party candidate Romney still would have won this state.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

None of the above.....

oh, and Kludge is a douche.

None of the above.

I will do what I have done for the last two presidential elections.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Depends on the nominee. If it's Walker, I could possibly consider it, but I'm 80 percent sure I wouldn't. If it's Bush, I would write-in Rand Paul if I actually voted in 2016. Which I wouldn't. I don't support any third parties.

PS-I feel like most Paulers are Constitutionalists first, and then Libertarians second. I must say I'm completely the opposite.

Twice!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

"If Rand is not the nominee, would you vote for Hillary?"

Short answer: No.

Video answer:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I might not vote even if Rand is the nominee. I definitely won't if he isn't.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    I might not vote even if Rand is the nominee. I definitely won't if he isn't.
    Dont forget state and local elections.

The best vote I cast last year was for a certain county commissioner who turned out to be solid.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

So a neocon Democrat is preferable to a neocon Republican? Yeah, no.

Hell no. I will vote for whoever wins the GOP nomination. I hate Hillary that much.

Sitting presidents can be fired. It happened to Dubya's Daddy. What's more, they can be primaried. Admittedly it has never happened before, at least not since the days of smoke-filled rooms. But you know what? Ranking members of the House couldn't be primaried, either--until Cantor was primaried. Now they can.

I advocated for some strategic voting back in 2008, thinking that if we got Huckabee some votes we could parlay that into a brokered convention and prevent the McCain Debacle. About a million people, some trolls and some passionate and principled people, shouted me down to the point I asked for the thread to be locked. Then McCain won the nomination and all those same trolls were arguing for 'strategic voting' in favor of McCain.

The general election is no time for strategic voting.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-21-2015 at 08:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I pretty much hate the Libertarian Party, but they do serve one purpose: near-pointless but feel-good protest votes.

So, yea, I'd vote LP.

I would argue you're an idiot.

I would most likely vote LP.

If I may ask, what is wrong with Gary Johnson? I'm not asking this as a defender of his or a detractor, but I've noticed that many libertarians/constitutionalists don't care for him and I'm curious as to why.

Back to the original post, I would never vote for Hillary or any neocon. I would probably wait and see who the third parties nominate. That said, I'm beginning to think that voting rarely matters. Unless voting down a tax or voting to decriminalize marijuana or something like that is on the ballot, I just don't see the point. That said, I do usually vote LP (sometimes Constitution) as a protest vote.
    Last edited by LibertyExtremist; 03-21-2015 at 08:35 AM.

If you're tired of voting for the lesser evil you can always write in Mephistopheles!

No I would not. Staying home is also an option if there are no 3rd party candidates who appeal to me.

Its not who you vote for,
    its how hard you vote that counts.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I would write in Ron Paul or not vote.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyExtremist View Post
    If I may ask, what is wrong with Gary Johnson? I'm not asking this as a defender of his or a detractor, but I've noticed that many libertarians/constitutionalists don't care for him and I'm curious as to why.

Nothing. I voted for GJ last time.

I am voting GOP no matter what this time. I don't want another Clinton in the oval office.

Nope, not even at gunpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyExtremist View Post

Back to the original post, I would never vote for Hillary or any neocon. I would probably wait and see who the third parties nominate. That said, I'm beginning to think that voting rarely matters. Unless voting down a tax or voting to decriminalize marijuana or something like that is on the ballot, I just don't see the point. That said, I do usually vote LP (sometimes Constitution) as a protest vote.
    Because he is a liberal-leaning libertarian (social libertarian), and an opportunist.

If the President is going to be a NeoCon with zero regard for the constitution who debases the currency and spends trillions of dollars we don't have, I'd rather it be the democrats blamed for it.

Voting for Hillary if Rand is not the nominee is like eating dog crap if prime rib isn't on the menu.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast