View Poll Results: Who will you vote for if Rand is not the 2016 GOP nominee?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • The neocon GOP nominee

3 5.26%
  • The Libertarian nominee

25 43.86%
  • Hillary!

4 7.02%
  • I wouldn't vote

25 43.86%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Rand is not the nominee, would you vote for Hillary?

I don't like the options of this poll.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can not stand the LP, and will not vote for anyone they nominate unless it's someone like Massie or Amash.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The only person I have definitively ruled out on the GOP side is Bush. Not going to have a known (bad) quantity like Bush or Clinton on my conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    I can not stand the LP, and will not vote for anyone they nominate unless it's someone like Massie or Amash.
    Almost every LP person I meet is a total ass.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Almost every LP person I meet is a total ass.
    Agree 100%. I consider myself a libertarian, and it's odd that I can't stand most other libertarians. They seem to forget that in a free society, you need to be a decent human being that cares about others, AND takes care of yourself to the best of your ability..

I blame Ayn Rand for most of the a-holes.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    "If Rand is not the nominee, would you vote for Hillary?"

Short answer: No.

Video answer:

hahah.... those are the exact words that came to my mind when I saw this question.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Libertarian Presidential candidates generally suck. I wish they would nominate someone like Ron Paul again.
    Do you ever get the feeling that the Libertarian Party has been hijacked, and they intentionally nominate kooks and hacks so it looks to the general public like anyone but Republican and Democrat are idiots?

Don't know. I don't really want to vote for a GOP candidate who will get us involved in more wars, but yet my family and friends are all more rank and file Republican types who put all kinds of pressure on me to vote for the GOP nominee. I can't honestly say that I won't end up giving in to the pressure. I don't know. I'm generally a people pleaser, not wanting people close to me go be disappointed with me or angry with me. I don't want relationships between family and friends to become strained because of politics. Yet at the same time I know that I'll have to live with the guilt of voting for the GOP nominee if a Republican becomes President and starts another overseas war. I'm just praying that Rand wins the GOP nomination and I won't have to make that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    hahah.... those are the exact words that came to my mind when I saw this question.
    Or this:

Tony Montana: "This guy kiddin', or what? Okay, no. F*ck no!"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I'll say this. If Rand Paul wins the nomination, I'll do everything humanly possible to defeat Hillary. If Cruz wins the nomination, I will also put a ton of work in. If Walker or equivalent wins, I will vote for him. If Bush wins, I am writing in someone.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As I said to Sanders.....no, no and no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

I won't vote for someone just as a protest one... If the candidate isn't to my liking, I won't cast a ballot for them.

It's all a $#@!ing sham anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    I would argue you're an idiot.
    Are you not happy Rand has a real chance in 2016? Do you not agree that that chance would not exist had Romney won in 2012?
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    Are you not happy Rand has a real chance in 2016? Do you not agree that that chance would not exist had Romney won in 2012?
    Yes, the liberty movement did great work in 2012, voting for Obama so Rand could run. We need to keep up the good work and do this for 2016, 2020, 2024, 2028, until we run a candidate that can win.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

To vote is to give consent. If Rand is not on the ballot, I will either write-in or not vote at all.

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    I argue you should vote for Hillary. Any other vote makes the neocon Republican more likely to win, which will prevent Rand from having a chance in 2020, and by 2024 all government ill will be back to being attributed to the Republican party again.
    This is pretty sad. The fact that you would vote for Hillary just to "play the game" shows you lack some character and principle. I would suggest you remember our founders who presciently stated:

"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock" - Thomas Jefferson

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” -John Quincy Adams
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I'd vote for Hillary after Rand. Why? Because what difference does it make? A real candidate or what does it $#@!ing matter?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    Warren 2016
    Yes..because we really need another elitist progressive Harvard Lawyer in control of the most powerful wing of the US government.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Warren 2016
    Is the Nation ready for an Indian?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Warren 2016
    How are you going to get her to run? She seems to be afraid of the Clintons. Maybe she should ask Vince Foster for a second opinion...?
    We believe our lying eyes...

What makes anyone think Hillary has any serious chance of running?

If she runs at all it will only be as smokescreen for the real candidate.

to focus on Hillary is to focus on the distraction.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I would consider voting for Jim Webb, but only because I've heard he's genuinely anti-war and I havent done any other research on him

Quote Originally Posted by amartin315 View Post
    I would consider voting for Jim Webb, but only because I've heard he's genuinely anti-war and I havent done any other research on him
    Webb is a great candidate. (If you like Obamacare, the Patriot Act, and TARP....)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Don't know. I don't really want to vote for a GOP candidate who will get us involved in more wars, but yet my family and friends are all more rank and file Republican types who put all kinds of pressure on me to vote for the GOP nominee. I can't honestly say that I won't end up giving in to the pressure. I don't know. I'm generally a people pleaser, not wanting people close to me go be disappointed with me or angry with me. I don't want relationships between family and friends to become strained because of politics. Yet at the same time I know that I'll have to live with the guilt of voting for the GOP nominee if a Republican becomes President and starts another overseas war. I'm just praying that Rand wins the GOP nomination and I won't have to make that choice.
    Don't do it TC. If you have to don't tell them who you are going to vote for, but don't let it on your conscience. You don't have to strain the relationships. My extended family is super Republican and we don't agree on politics but we still have a good relationship. If they break it on its on them.

It depends. If the Libertarian Party actually picks a pro-life candidate for once, I'll likely vote for them. I'll also seriously consider the Constitution Party. Not aware of any GOP that I'd vote for other than Rand.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why is the poll closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    It depends. If the Libertarian Party actually picks a pro-life candidate for once, I'll likely vote for them. I'll also seriously consider the Constitution Party. Not aware of any GOP that I'd vote for other than Rand.
    Yes, every vote is sacred, so it must be done with care.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

No. Clinton represents the worst of the Democrats just like Graham represents the worst of the Republicans.

I probably just wouldn't vote for President. I'll be back in the US though so I will vote for local things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12