Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama wants mandatory voting

Obama wants mandatory voting

Source: http://www.ijreview.com/2015/03/2744...political-map/

President Obama gave support to mandatory voting today at a town hall event in Cleveland. The President claims the drastic move would reduce the importance of money in elections and stop alleged voter suppression.

The Washington Times reports on the President’s claim that mandatory voting would change everything:

“It would be transformative if everybody voted. That would counteract [campaign] money more than anything. If everybody voted, then it would completely change the political map in this country.”

I wonder what the penalty would be for failing to vote?
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Hell no. The exponential boobus factor would be disastrous.

“It would be transformative if everybody voted. That would counteract [campaign] money more than anything.
    Damn it. My bull$#@! meter just broke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Just like the old USSR.

Get in line comrade, enjoy your mandatory democracy.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Too many people vote now who have no business doing so.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    Source: http://www.ijreview.com/2015/03/2744...political-map/

I wonder what the penalty would be for failing to vote?
    They'll put the offenders in prison with all the other non voters.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

If they add a "None Of The Above" option to the ballot then screw it. Why not? That'll learn 'em.

A very small percentage of people vote in some local elections. Less than 10% of eligible voters voting is common. It would be really interesting if almost every voter had no idea what an election was about.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    There's only two ways one can vote, to aggress or in self defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

And for those that already vote a "vote harder" mandate.

"So Obama what have we got? A Republic or a monarchy?" "A Democracy. If we can enforce it."

If you like your vote, you can keep your vote...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    A very small percentage of people vote in some local elections. Less than 10% of eligible voters voting is common. It would be really interesting if almost every voter had no idea what an election was about.
    Hmmm.. Think I would change my name to Mr. Cknin Evrypot and run for Congress

Who wants to be Mr. Freem Oney?

or Ms. Nota Xes?

-t

Banned

Blog Entries
    I think a boycott of 2016 is in order.

So can I vote against this mandatory voting proposal?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    This^^ I still say there should be a test for voting like there is for driving or flying planes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    So can I vote against this mandatory voting proposal?
    Of course not.

The sociopaths are going to vote on whether or not to vote for forcing you to vote for them so they can vote to force you to vote for them.

Why? Because of the opposite of what Obama said--these people who can't be bothered now will merely vote for the name they've heard the most, which means the one with the most money--and because they're narcissists and they need the reassurance and the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    This^^ I still say there should be a test for voting like there is for driving or flying planes.
    Dear Visiting Liberals--He really doesn't know he's advocating for Jim Crow-style 'Literary Tests'. Don't blame us--you people took over the schools...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-18-2015 at 07:25 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Politicians must have perceived legitimacy.

More and more, fewer people are voting. This is a problem for the oligarchs to say they have a mandate from the people.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Dear Visiting Liberals--He really doesn't know he's advocating for Jim Crow-style 'Literary Tests'. Don't blame us--you people took over the schools...
    Here again, members of Cult Of Democracy rear their ugly heads and attempts to pummel us with absurdities for daring to question the Cult, its Priesthood, saints, etc. Do you really think it unreasonable to expect a person wielding a vote-that thing that is supposedly a great weapon-to have a certain basic knowledge? You know, things like civics, economics, and so forth that are directly relevant to voting? There are higher standards for operating a citizen's automobile than for wielding voting power. That's just sad.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Here again, members of Cult Of Democracy rear their ugly heads and attempts to pummel us with absurdities for daring to question the Cult, its Priesthood, saints, etc.
    Well. Heh. In his defense...

If we can fool the people into doing what's good for them, then by God, count me in.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5814265

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 03-18-2015 at 08:24 PM.

Here again, members of Cult Of Democracy rear their ugly heads and attempts to pummel us with absurdities for daring to question the Cult, its Priesthood, saints, etc. Do you really think it unreasonable to expect a person wielding a vote-that thing that is supposedly a great weapon-to have a certain basic knowledge? You know, things like civics, economics, and so forth that are directly relevant to voting? There are higher standards for operating a citizen's automobile than for wielding voting power. That's just sad.
    What's just sad is a self-professed anarchist trusting the government to institute some kind of law mandating some kind of process for screening voters--and expecting it to weed out someone besides the least brainwashed potential voters.

What's just sad is a self-professed anarchist trusting the government to institute some kind of law mandating some kind of process for screening voters--and expecting it to weed out someone besides the least brainwashed potential voters.
    1) I don't self-profess any particular label, though I have anarchist and other leanings.
    2) It doesn't follow that only allowing people with very basic civic knowledge (which they should know by voting age anyway, if the schools were worth with bricks they're made of) to vote will cause the most brainwashed to "rise to the top", as it were. In the old days, a certification of this knowledge was standard and had a name-a high school diploma. When Americans are again among the best educated people in the world as they were in Bastiat's time, I'll declare a test is no longer necessary.

1) I don't self-profess any particular label, though I have anarchist and other leanings.
    2) It doesn't follow that only allowing people with very basic civic knowledge (which they should know by voting age anyway, if the schools were worth with bricks they're made of) to vote will cause the most brainwashed to "rise to the top", as it were. In the old days, a certification of this knowledge was standard and had a name-a high school diploma. When Americans are again among the best educated people in the world as they were in Bastiat's time, I'll declare a test is no longer necessary.
    A minute ago you were accusing me of being a cultist and bowing to the priesthood, and now you're exhibiting a childlike faith in their pollworkers to turn away only who should be turned away (even after you make law enforcement officers of them by giving them a law to enforce) and another childlike faith in high school sheepskins awarded to their standards.

I've now been accused of being two far right and too far left--by the same person, in the same thread, all between post 18 and post 21 inclusive. Make up your mind.

And to think my daddy taught me only women could change their minds that fast...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-18-2015 at 08:25 PM.

SURE
    they will MAKE you \/ote for winch hole they will $#@! you in...but none of the abo\/e wont be running.

SHALL WE RAISE "TAXES" 30%
    OR 40%?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

FORCEOCRACY!!
    Last edited by ZENemy; 03-18-2015 at 08:34 PM.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Indeed +1--- A seventeen year old genius cannot vote however a 30 year old idiot can..

Acesfull

Holy_$#@!. So Dear Leader will get 95% of the vote.
    "The Patriarch"

Mandatory seat belts, mandatory health care, mandatory taxes, mandatory licences, mandatory auto insurance, mandatory inspections... is there anything the government can't make us free 'mericunts do?
    "The Patriarch"

YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DOCTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by acesfull View Post
    Indeed +1--- A seventeen year old genius cannot vote however a 30 year old idiot can..

Acesfull
    Are you playing with a full deck ? Wild cards ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast