Thread: German Officials: Claims of Russian Invasion of Ukraine Are American Propaganda

Default German Officials: Claims of Russian Invasion of Ukraine Are American Propaganda

German Officials: Claims of Russian Invasion of Ukraine Are American Propaganda

US Claims Don't Stand Up to Scrutiny

by Jason Ditz, March 12, 2015

US officials regularly claim ceasefire violations in Ukraine, and Russian invasions that “no one questions.” Though such allegations have long gotten a pass in the US media, the German government is expressing increased annoyance over what it is calling “dangerous propaganda” meant to sabotage the ceasefire.

The US claims, officials say, are often wildly inaccurate or unconfirmed. When US officials were hyping “40,000” Russian troops at the border and an imminent invasion, EU intelligence showed only 20,000 troops, and that no invasion was likely.

More recent claims of 50-plus Russian tanks crossing the border were similarly untrue, with European officials say the only evidence was for a handful of ramshackle armored vehicles crossing the border, and likely not military in origin.

US officials downplayed the disagreement, saying that “precise numbers” weren’t relevant, and that there is “no doubt” Russia is supporting the rebels. This may finally be the explanation, however, for how US claims of huge Russian military presences never come with any pictures of any Russian troops.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Link in the article says dispute is about the size of Russian troops- not that they were not involved.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2015/03/1...r-size-of.html

All sides agree that Russia is supporting the separatists, something a NATO official stressed in responding to German frustrations, saying that there’s “broad agreement on the overall situation.

But Germans and other Europeans are concerned that U.S. Air Force Gen. Philip Breedlove – the NATO supreme allied commander, Europe – and Victoria Nuland, the assistant secretary of state for Europe, have been exaggerating the extent of Russian involvement in the conflict.

Of particular concern are Breedlove’s figures on the numbers of troops and tanks Russia reportedly has transferred to Ukraine. The numbers Breedlove offers are routinely higher than those of other intelligence agencies, and Europeans fear he’s playing to an American audience, which they think doesn’t advance peace efforts.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2015/03/1...#storylink=cpy
    "The only thing we have to fear is.... fear itself!" Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
    "Be afwaid. Be berry afwaid" Donald Trump.

The optimists built this country and made it great- not the fearful. Fear can only destroy.

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

You do know there are also Serb Volunteers in East Ukraine Right? what does that make them then Russians?

Propagandizers gonna propagandize...
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Propagandizers gonna propagandize...
    Someone may end up propagandizing us into a thermonuclear exchange.

Earth calling Jesus... earth calling Jesus... come in Jesus... Where the $#@! are you? Repeat, where the $#@! are you? Men gone mad... have nukes... need help immediately... fear end of all things imminent... Come in Jesus, do you read?

I don't know what my read is on the whole Jesus thing. But every day I find myself hoping just a little more strongly that, however misunderstood it may be by men, that the stuff in the NT is actually true.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Link in the article says dispute is about the size of Russian troops- not that they were not involved.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2015/03/1...r-size-of.html
    Here's the relevant quote. Are they advisers? Trainers? Volunteers?

Numerous German news reports also have noted a vast difference between the number of Russian troops that European NATO members have estimated are in Ukraine’s conflicted Donbas region and what American NATO commanders have announced. It’s 600, according to the Europeans, versus the 12,000 to 20,000 estimated by U.S. commanders.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It’s 600, according to the Europeans, versus the 12,000 to 20,000 estimated by U.S. commanders.
    lol! So they were off by like 10,000ish, whats the big deal? The point is still the same. OMFG the Russians are coming! Everyone head to the hills!