Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: There are false claims that Ron Paul is a "Racist"... Well I embrace that label...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    So a slanderous lie about Ron Paul should be perfectly fine as a thread title on a Ron Paul forum?
    Wow, now I'm "slandering" the good doctor. I'm the one with his face all over my Corvette and drove to many events with it to promote the ideas of liberty. You obviously never read the stuff I've posted or at least you failed to understand it...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Wow, now I'm "slandering" the good doctor. I'm the one with his face all over my Corvette and drove to many events with it to promote the ideas of liberty. You obviously never read the stuff I've posted or at least you failed to understand it...
    What do you expect to happen when you have a thread title claiming Ron Paul is a racist? Did you think the headlines the media did about "Ron Paul's racist newsletters" were a positive thing for us?
    You do post good stuff, you make good points. Your corvette is awesome. But if you had a thread title I calling me a racist I would want it changed. Regardless of how good your point is. I hate political correctness as much as anyone. But surely you can at least understand why they changed the headline.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your complaint was about political correctness and accusations of racism. You were not quoting Ron, so what is the purpose of using his name? Would Ron like that headline?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Bumping?? I hardly have time to spend "bumping" things.
    That particular conversation was about a certain attempted hijacker, not you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Oops... so sorry...

THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    What do you expect to happen when you have a thread title claiming Ron Paul is a racist? Did you think the headlines the media did about "Ron Paul's racist newsletters" were a positive thing for us?
    You do post good stuff, you make good points. Your corvette is awesome. But if you had a thread title I calling me a racist I would want it changed. Regardless of how good your point is. I hate political correctness as much as anyone. But surely you can at least understand why they changed the headline.
    The title was a direct answer to another title that was (if my memory is not failing me) "Ron Paul a "Racist"? ... That thread was under the Ron Paul sub forum and I put this thread there as a direct answer to that claim. BECAUSE my thread was then moved to "the vent" where no one but members can view and no one bothers to read AND THEN the thread title was changed it's no wonder no one knows what's going on here. There was a very GOOD POINT to the thread and the title originally. Now it's completely pointless to even bother to take the energy to type a response here...

Edit: I just checked and the title of that thread has NOT been changed. Why does one title change and one title doesn't?
    Last edited by ChristianAnarchist; 03-18-2015 at 03:39 PM.

THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Oh. I misunderstood you as well.

The idea that race does not exist because it cannot be precisely defined (in a non-arbitrary way) is absurd.

Consider:

"Strong people tend to be better at wrestling than weak people."

"Tall people tend to be better at basketball than short people."

"Smart people tend to have higher incomes than dumb people."

"Poor people tend to have higher rates of crime than rich people."

The properties "strong, tall, smart, and poor" cannot be defined precisely in a non-arbitrary way because, just like race, they exist on a spectrum. You have to either leave it loosely defined or arbitrarily pick some point on that spectrum. Does it therefore follow that all of these statements are meaningless? Of course not. Race can be meaningfully defined, and it has been for the purpose of various comparative studies, and these have in fact found significant non-cosmetic differences.

If non-cosmetic differences between the races are the product of genetics (just as are cosmetic differences), what's the theory to explain this? As some posters here have repeatedly pointed out, skin color itself doesn't seem likely to have an effect on behavior, intelligence, etc. The theory would, presumably, be that there is some (yet undiscovered) gene(s) which people with skin color X are more likely to have than people with skin color Y. It's not that there's any causal connection between skin color and behavior themselves.

People on planet A and B might, over the millennia, develop a variety of genetic differences due to different selection pressures in their respective habitats (both natural and social). Some of these might be visible - height, skin color, etc. Others might be invisible - resistance to some disease, intelligence, tendency for violence, etc. These visible and invisible traits are correlated, not because of any causal relation between them, but because the selection pressures which generate both traits happened (by historical accident) to coexist on the same planet - and thus the inhabitants get both traits, and tend to pass them along to their descendents, even though the traits in themselves have nothing to do with one another.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 03-21-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    ................. treating them differently based on your perception of their race IS racism and it is ignorant and hurtful.
    Sorry, but if I am driving a taxi in a sketchy part of town late at night, I am going to pass by Mike Brown, Trayvon Martin and their homies. Yeppers I am sterotyping the saggy pants ans sullen faces as thuggish and quite possibly dangerous. Call it racism and claim it is ignorant and hurtful. I don't care. Getting home at the end of the shift is much more important.

Mod note: the original title was "Ron Paul is a racist and so am I..."

All this talk about so-and-so being a "racist". So what? I believe everyone is a bit of a "racist" and those who are the biggest deniers are probably the worst offenders. Do you believe there are genetic differences between black, white and asian? You're a racist. Do you believe that certain cultures excel at certain things? You're a racist. Are you more attracted to red heads than brunettes? You're a racist.

Quite frankly I'm sick of the B.S. conditioning. I'm embracing my "racism" and I'm going to stop listening when people say that using your personal observation common sense in distinguishing between people is somehow bad behavior. I believe that people are DIFFERENT. Cultures are DIFFERENT. Families are DIFFERENT. Some of these differences I like (therefore I'm attracted) and some of them I don't like (therefore I'm repelled). This does not mean that I HATE anyone. This does not mean that I want to HURT anyone. This does not mean I cannot do business with anyone. It's just my feelings and if you want to call me a "RACIST" go ahead. I embrace that term...
    I agree, being so afraid of the word racist means you allow liberals to cry boogey man with their stupid power word. I don't embrace the term and I won't accuse Ron Paul of being a racist, but I don't think being a racist is per se so bad that I must deny it like other things (such as being a criminal or homosexual)

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Exactly, it's kind of illogical to be a racist if you believe that all humans descended from Noah and earlier Adam and Eve.
    Its easy if you think all the white people came from Japeth and all the black people came from Shem and all the Arabs came from Ham.

And that Ham was genetically pre-disposed to be a conniving, and Shem (or his wife) was just genetically flawed all around.

Modern biology says that sort of process would have a massive founder effect and potentially ruin some of the genetic diaspora.

This is outside of the people who pay attention to certain races breeding with demons. The tinfoil of the Christian tradition.

It is used to justify the genocides of Israel, culling populations including babies, down to the live stock, with God punishing Israel if they showed any mercy and failed to make sure the genocides were thorough.

Ethnic cleansing is right there in the Bible with plenty of racial justification to go with it.

This is part of why Christians are so screwed up on Israel. Half of the theology says Israel needs to be persecuted and threatened with Extinction so that Jesus comes back, and the other half of the theology gives them a free pass on ethnically cleansing the spawn of the devil. A.k.a. their Arab Neighbours.

Not the Bible states that all Arabs are descended from a bastard, except for those descended from the Moabites who are the children of incest.

Yeah equality all around.
    Last edited by idiom; 03-23-2015 at 08:56 PM.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Why even bother to embrace a false claim label?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Why even bother to embrace a false claim label?
    Because if the majority of people embrace the term it loses it's power. As long as "racist" is considered filthy then they can use that term to modify behavior and thought. From now on if someone claims I'm a "racist" I'm going to agree and then expound on the FACT that everyone (or nearly everyone) is. The whole definition is so screwed up that everyone fits in some definition of the word anyway.

THIS ONE

Because if the majority of people embrace the term it loses it's power. As long as "racist" is considered filthy then they can use that term to modify behavior and thought. From now on if someone claims I'm a "racist" I'm going to agree and then expound on the FACT that everyone (or nearly everyone) is. The whole definition is so screwed up that everyone fits in some definition of the word anyway.
    Good luck with that one, Sisyphus.

I applaud your resolve and recalling your background, you may make more headway than others would. Let us know how it goes with those less friendly than you find here.

I get where you're coming from but, practically speaking, that's not going to work.

It's okay, I'm taking it back!

In New Zealand:
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    Prostitution is legal

Which definition of Racist is being used here? as there are various definitions that differ slightly.
    If you are using the definition that asserts the superiority of certain races, then I am a racist. If however your definition involves a hatred of certain groups, that is where I depart. One can believe in the superiority of a race without succumbing to hatred (though I wouldn't assert that I have never had a hateful thought, everyone has).

Nevertheless, I reject the term due to the negative connotation it has acquired.

Quote Originally Posted by dulci View Post
    Which definition of Racist is being used here? as there are various definitions that differ slightly.
    If you are using the definition that asserts the superiority of certain races, then I am a racist. If however your definition involves a hatred of certain groups, that is where I depart. One can believe in the superiority of a race without succumbing to hatred (though I wouldn't assert that I have never had a hateful thought, everyone has).

Nevertheless, I reject the term due to the negative connotation it has acquired.
    Superior in what way? In every way? Is the best of an 'inferior race' inferior to the worst of a 'superior race'?

Do you think discrimination should be codified into law, as long as it isn't done out of hatred? Or should laws only apply to individuals?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually I was just being silly there. I made that up and it can rightly be accounted as slander
    And what about this? Did you come here and announce out of the blue that you're racist to make us look like we agree with you? Is that why you won't answer questions designed to let everyone see if you're even a libertarian?

Where is this hostility coming from?

As to your question, certain groups are superior and inferior in certain ways; to determine overall superiority you have to assign prominence to specific attributes. For me those attributes are the ability to build good civilizations/societies.

And I haven't given much thought as to how legislation should come into play here; such is beyond my thinking capabilities at the moment.

An illustration of my first point: Italians are superior cooks as compared to the English, but English civilization is superior to Italian. To determine overall superiority one must decide which attribute trumps the other.

An illustration of my first point: Italians are superior cooks as compared to the English, but English civilization is superior to Italian. To determine overall superiority one must decide which attribute trumps the other.
    Yes, my point from the beginning is that if you admit to differences in the "races" (as explained earlier that term itself if flawed because we are all from the human race) then people claim you are a "racist". This is what I'm embracing. I've never promoted hatred between the "races" but to claim there are no differences is simply nonsense...

THIS ONE

Yes, my point from the beginning is that if you admit to differences in the "races" (as explained earlier that term itself if flawed because we are all from the human race) then people claim you are a "racist". This is what I'm embracing. I've never promoted hatred between the "races" but to claim there are no differences is simply nonsense...
    Can your STATISTics tell you anything about a random individual of any given race?

Yes, God just made some types of humans better than others.
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Everyone has a little bit of racism in them I'm sure, some more than others, but it is impossible to be racist if you are a Christian because Christians make a spiritual division between men (saved and unsaved), not a genetic division.
    Then why do so many Christians believe that Jews are the chosen people?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Yes, God just made some types of humans better than others.
    It depends upon what you believe is better; opinions vary. But, to deny there are differences seems rather ignorant.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    It depends upon what you believe is better; opinions vary. But, to deny there are differences seems rather ignorant.
    Well you can't have it both ways.
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Well you can't have it both ways.
    Have what both ways?
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Everyone has a little bit of racism in them I'm sure, some more than others, but it is impossible to be racist if you are a Christian because Christians make a spiritual division between men (saved and unsaved), not a genetic division.
    Depends on which brand of Christianity you are talking about. Now days most who identify themselves as Christians are racist as $#@! and don't give a $#@! about the real meaning behind Christianity. They just want to kill brown people.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Have what both ways?
    Humans are biologically equal in value or they are not.

Maybe humans being equal is a small lie we tell ourselves, but its one we didn't for a long time with really catastrophic consequences.

As soon as some people start becoming more equal than others society goes sideways.

Now a good chunk of the population thought maybe this was a good idea, around the beginning of the last century, that perhaps we should let it go sideways, embrace natural law and let the less simply be less equal.

The construct of God or nature create men to be equals, is a huge peg holding men equal before the law, and before each other. One should think long and hard about pulling that peg out in the name of ideological purity.
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast