Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peace through arguing about the bible

Peace through arguing about the bible

Not. One clalvanist with 23000 posts is too much, and one "christian" sick of reading his bible is too much, and one "christian" who believes he can loose his salvation is too much for me to bother with. And one belly ache who thinks I'm someone else is way to much. I'm out people. Later. God bless.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Biblefundyfun View Post
    Not. One clalvanist with 23000 posts is too much, and one "christian" sick of reading his bible is too much, and one "christian" who believes he can loose his salvation is too much for me to bother with. And one belly ache who thinks I'm someone else is way to much. I'm out people. Later. God bless.
    We've got way more flavors and varieties than that, both pro and con. You've just barely scratched the surface.

We were just getting warmed up. If you can't take the heat, then stay out of the kitchen.

Such perseverance, such strength of faith and purpose.

Y'all come back when you're ready for some more truth, ya hear.

Paul loves you.
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 03-11-2015 at 08:31 AM.

You can not see the good in the forum because your eye.

Theres something in it, let me see, oh my its a 2 X 4. Well theres your problem.

When you get that out come on back because we are forgiving folks too.

I'm famous!!!

"Christian" is in sarcastic quotes but there's no such thing as bad press, am I right?
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    I'm famous!!!

"Christian" is in sarcastic quotes but there's no such thing as bad press, am I right?
    At least You're a "Christian." I'm just a belly ache.

BTW, if it's any condolence, I was totally wrong. There is no way Biblefundy is Nang.

lol@ForumDramaQueen
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post

BTW, if it's any condolence, I was totally wrong. There is no way Biblefundy is Nang.
    Well, we are swimming in a sea of anonymity. It frustrates some and provides an opportunity for others to frustrate with impunity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Goodbye.
    You know what Sola? Something just dawned on me. Last night, I was a bit irritated with you, but this morning I had no hard feelings at all.

For all the grief we give each other, I feel the same towards you as I did as a kid towards some of my "friends" in my neighborhood. There was a group of kids that my friends and I would regularly tangle with, get in fights, mudball fights, etc. Then a few minutes later we'd all play baseball together as if there was never any animosity between us.

He/she can't even spell Calvinist. It's funny but I was probably more insulted by that than you.

You know what Sola? Something just dawned on me. Last night, I was a bit irritated with you, but this morning I had no hard feelings at all.

For all the grief we give each other, I feel the same towards you as I did as a kid towards some of my "friends" in my neighborhood. There was a group of kids that my friends and I would regularly tangle with, get in fights, mudball fights, etc. Then a few minutes later we'd all play baseball together as if there was never any animosity between us.

He/she can't even spell Calvinist. It's funny but I was probably more insulted by that than you.
    I've never had an ounce of animosity toward anybody ever on this forum, even when the debates get heated. I know (because I believe the Bible) that there is a very meaningful reason that we are all here right now.

I've never had an ounce of animosity toward anybody ever on this forum, even when the debates get heated. I know (because I believe the Bible) that there is a very meaningful reason that we are all here right now.
    What reason?

You say "very meaningful" so I'm wondering why you have decided to post here as opposed to somewhere else.

Assuming of course that you meant RPF when you said "we are all HERE right now".

Name someone else who registers at RPF for the sole purpose of posting in the religion sub-forum. IIRC, it's not viewable to non-members.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Name someone else who registers at RPF for the sole purpose of posting in the religion sub-forum. IIRC, it's not viewable to non-members.
    There are a lot of weirdos in this country of a few hundred million. Whoever that was seems to be banned from a few other forums. He or she is probably just looking for a home.

Heck, it could be Nang. I was trying to be nice since he/she was leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    What reason?

You say "very meaningful" so I'm wondering why you have decided to post here as opposed to somewhere else.

Assuming of course that you meant RPF when you said "we are all HERE right now".
    God has a reason for it. Praying the "Thy will be done" in the our Father and meaning it, gives me more peace than anything else. Jesus himself prayed that the night before the crucifixion.

That's how I see it.

God has a reason for it. Praying the "Thy will be done" in the our Father and meaning it, gives me more peace than anything else. Jesus himself prayed that the night before the crucifixion.

That's how I see it.
    + rep brother,,

The "Our Father" was never meant to be a prayer in and of itself.. I was taught it,, and memorized it,, and recited it over and over again for years,, before I even knew God.
    It was empty recitation,, and meaningless.

The disciples asked Jesus how to pray,, not what to pray. It is a template for prayer,, not a prayer itself.

but it is good to think about it's meaning.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

There are a lot of weirdos in this country of a few hundred million. Whoever that was seems to be banned from a few other forums. He or she is probably just looking for a home.

Heck, it could be Nang. I was trying to be nice since he/she was leaving.
    Nang is a Calvinist, was on good terms with Sola_Fide, hates Arminianism and as far as I recall thinks it is a damnable heresy, is a Presbyterian, and doesn't believe in a pretribulational rapture. And, I think I know Nang enough to know that she isn't the sort to just rejoin under a different persona with completely different beliefs just to troll. That's not who she is.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Repent, you dirty heathen.

For all the knowledge you poses about the scripture and philosophy I think I've finally figured you out. You remind me of a person I know who is in his 70's. You're almost a mirror image of that person in a sense that he's the opposite of you as far as not believing that there is a God and not respecting anybody who wastes their time reading the bible. Where I think that both of you are alike is that on your journey of understanding this world, you both seem to me to have skipped over the first and the most important step to understanding anything in this universe which can simply be put with these two words "know thyself".

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts

Quote Originally Posted by purplechoe View Post
    For all the knowledge you poses about the scripture and philosophy I think I've finally figured you out. You remind me of a person I know who is in his 70's. You're almost a mirror image of that person in a sense that he's the opposite of you as far as not believing that there is a God and not respecting anybody who wastes their time reading the bible. Where I think that both of you are alike is that on your journey of understanding this world, you both seem to me to have skipped over the first and the most important step to understanding anything in this universe which can simply be put with these two words "know thyself".

All the religions of man say that knowing one's self is the ultimate in wisdom. Christianity says that knowing God is the ultimate in wisdom. No one can truly know themselves without knowing God, because God is the Lord God of truth, and only He can illuminate the nature of a man.

Psalm 111:10

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.

All the religions of man say that knowing one's self is the ultimate in wisdom. Christianity says that knowing God is the ultimate in wisdom. No one can truly know themselves without knowing God, because God is the Lord God of truth, and only He can illuminate the nature of a man.
    The quote of Psalm's that you made says that "The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom" not "Knowing God is the beginning of wisdom".

Do you claim to know the mind of God, Sola? Do you think it possible to know your own?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    The quote of Psalm's that you made says that "The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom" not "Knowing God is the beginning of wisdom".

Do you claim to know the mind of God, Sola? Do you think it possible to know your own?
    That's right. There are only two great fears a man will have in this life: the fear of God, or the fear of men.

That's right. There are only two great fears a man will have in this life: the fear of God, or the fear of men.
    And that has what to do with "Knowing", either yourself or God?

you said:

Even though you were replying to someone stating the understanding, rather than wisdom, comes from knowing yourself.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 03-14-2015 at 11:32 PM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

And that has what to do with "Knowing", either yourself or God?

you said:
    Because the fear of God in the Bible is synonymous with knowing Him. The ones who do not know God do not have the fear of God before their eyes.

Because the fear of God in the Bible is synonymous with knowing Him. The ones who do not know God do not have the fear of God before their eyes.
    So, what is the definition of "knowing" then? If I fear myself then I know myself?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, what is the definition of "knowing" then? If I fear myself then I know myself?
    No. You will never truly know yourself without knowing the Lord.

No. You will never truly know yourself without knowing the Lord.
    I'm not sure how to came to that conclusion, not with the reasoning that you gave.

I'm not sure how to came to that conclusion, not with the reasoning that you gave.
    It's from God's Word.

It's from God's Word.
    Not the one that you quoted.

Not the one that you quoted.
    Yes it is.

Yes it is.
    Now, you want me to take YOUR WORD for it.

No, it does not.

How about you re-quote it and explain how it does, in your mind. You can start with post #19

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast