Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Paul is Frozen

The Daily Paul is Frozen

Not a single change on that site in 5 days.

I guess I had to drop in over here for a few. Zzzzzzzzz

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well I guess all of the people here who have hated on DP for no good reason can be happy now. One less pro Ron Paul site in a sea of worthless internet crap is a good thing right?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Well I guess all of the people here who have hated on DP for no good reason can be happy now. One less pro Ron Paul site in a sea of worthless internet crap is a good thing right?
    Nope. There were some good topics from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Nope. There were some good topics from time to time.
    the good topics start there and eventually end up here

I've tried to get in to the DP, but there are so many things I don't like about that site.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I've tried to get in to the DP, but there are so many things I don't like about that site.
    the owner is a bit of a snob, and only lets people sign up about once a year.

I did not hate it. I just like this format better. Different community, different culture over there but that isn't a bad thing. Er, wasn't, I guess. I do hate seeing yet another iconic RP site winding down.

Every now and then when I am feeling especially morose, I go through all my old RP bookmarks. When I see how many of them are 404 now, I get practically despondent. But 2007 and 2008 was a wonderful time to be alive, awake and active. I would not have missed all that for the world.
    Last edited by angelatc; 03-09-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul4Prez2012 View Post
    the owner is a bit of a snob, and only lets people sign up about once a year.
    I signed up and made a few posts. I don't like the ethos there. Too liberal for me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I signed up and made a few posts. I don't like the ethos there. Too liberal for me.
    well people here havnent been to kind to me here either as you can tell by my feedback.

I'm not a liberal at all but I'm also not right wing.

well people here havnent been to kind to me here either as you can tell by my feedback.

Well I don't usually interact with you, but here is a +rep for lamenting the demise of the DP.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Well, we're you bashing Rand or something? I bash Rand sometimes too, but I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I am going to support him. +rep anyways

That site's still around? I thought they were shutting it down?

Well, we're you bashing Rand or something? I bash Rand sometimes too, but I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I am going to support him. +rep anyways
    nah I love rand and support all of his moves. I basically took a proactive stance with the Ferguson police shooting and got reemed out hard with no lube.

I guess I'm a proactive kinda guy.

nah I love rand and support all of his moves. I basically took a proactive stance with the Ferguson police shooting and got reemed out hard with no lube.

I guess I'm a proactive kinda guy.
    Well, I'd probably agree with you there too. What exactly did you advocate?

Well, I'd probably agree with you there too. What exactly did you advocate?
    I basically said that you should not provoke people with guns whether they are police are not.

If you don't want to be involved in an altercation with a cop then don't do stupid illegal things like steal $#@! from 7-11.

If you piss people off shots go flying.

I basically said that you should not provoke people with guns whether they are police are not.

If you don't want to be involved in an altercation with a cop then don't do stupid illegal things like steal $#@! from 7-11.

If you piss people off shots go flying.
    Who here didn't agree with that?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who here didn't agree with that?
    My guess is the people who let an anti-police agenda (not saying they're wrong, but nonetheless) get in the way of realizing who the actual aggressor likely was in cases like that one.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

wow.. looks like it really is froze up, since at least the 6th of this month..

I hate to see that, even though shutting it down, (heck, it was shut down, when it became the "ark")
    had been discussed for a long time.

is this how he pulled the plug?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

I went to their FB page and it looks like articles are being published to it - I don't know if it's a bot. I also noticed some of the posts say this:

Site Offline/Pressflow

If you are the maintainer of this site please check your database settings in the settings.php file and insure that your hosting provider's database server is running. For more help, see the handbook, or contact your hosting provider.

I logged in just fine. Its not exactly frozen, I saw some articles published today. The articles on the front page seem to have stayed the same for a couple days. And its been down a lot.
    Last edited by William Tell; 03-09-2015 at 04:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I logged in just fine. Its not exactly frozen, I saw some articles published today. The articles on the front page seem to have stayed the same for a couple days. And its been down a lot.
    Weird. If you log in you can see new stuff but if you're logged out it appears there have been no new posts for a couple of days. The site is running very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Weird. If you log in you can see new stuff but if you're logged out it appears there have been no new posts for a couple of days.
    That is incredibly weird, I did not notice that. Now that I looked, I can confirm that you are correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

ya know. that makes sense in a way.
    why not freeze up the screen for every one who is not on the "ark"?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

I was on yesterday and this morning and it seemed fine. My bookmark is the forums, not the front page. Tried just now and got Server Not Responding.
    Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense.
    -Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    ya know. that makes sense in a way.
    why not freeze up the screen for every one who is not on the "ark"?
    The ark?

the owner is a bit snob psychotic, and only lets people sign up about once a year.
    Fixed that for you.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    How professional of you.

Pretty $#@!ing sad to see a troll with a chip on his shoulder from being banned over there come here and start a $#@! show so easily. Divide and conquer, right, Matt?

The ark?
    they had the same problem we do with trolls, shills and religious disputes.
    first religious discussion was banned. then registration was closed off.

I bolted when the owner started using sockpuppets.

The ark?
    maybe you weren't invited.

Some others, too:

Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    maybe you weren't invited.
    Was too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast