Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ deli owner "White History Month"

NJ deli owner "White History Month"

Neighbors Outraged Over ‘White History Month’ Sign In Flemington Deli Window

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/03/...n-deli-window/

A sign in a store window stirred up racial tension in Flemington, New Jersey this week.
    The sign in the window of Jimbo’s Deli on Main Street says “Celebrate your white heritage in March. White History Month,” as first reported by the Hunterdon County Democrat,
    “The ‘white’ had a cross. It was a cross ‘t,’ which is used by the Ku Klux Klan as a symbol, right,” said Bhakti Curtis.
    The “t” Curtis said originally looked like a cross has since been changed into a capital “T,” WCBS 880’s Alex Silverman reported Thursday.

Curtis, a bi-racial neighbor, said he couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He confronted the owner, Jim Boggess.
    “He didn’t have a clue why I was offended and then why other people would be upset about it neither,” he said.
    WCBS 880 couldn’t reach Boggess for comment, but he told the Hunterdon County Democrat, “No matter what you are — Muslim, Jewish, black, white, gay, straight — you should be proud of what you are. I shouldn’t have to feel bad about being white. I just want to be included. Why is this such a big deal? I don’t get it.”
    Curtis asked police to look into it but they decided nothing could or should be done.
    “I’m never going to step foot back into that establishment, no,” he told Silverman Wednesday.
    However, the sign has been taken down and Boggess has apologized to Curtis, NJ.com reported Thursday.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

interesting social experiment.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking pride in one's heritage. This is something that is politically-correctly open to every race, every culture, every religion, every gender, in short, every demographic category of human beings in existence except whites. Can someone advance a plausible argument as to why that should be the case?
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

A lower case 't' signifies the KKK nowadays? Otay panky.

"A business can't go putting racist signs in the window

because everybody has a

right

to go in that store. Everybody! And have a

right

to buy something from that man and not

feel

demoralized or degraded."

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-d...lemington.html
    Last edited by presence; 03-05-2015 at 08:41 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

LOL, nice. I dont know about the cross, but I think it points out how silly and segregationist these collectivist months are.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

That "CI" in the window. Isn't that the iso code for the Ivory Coast, Africa? Perhaps he's an African American - why all the hate'n on African Americans?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

We're dealing with a real intellectual heavyweight here:
    But Curtis is not feeling the love. "A business can't go putting racist signs in the window because everybody has a right to go in that store. Everybody! And have a right to buy something from that man and not feel demoralized or degraded."
    I wish John Taylor Gatto could have gotten to this Curtis guy before they rotted his brain.

lol how about a "I DONT give a F month"

I'm technically white, but what would we classify as white history? It's a very broad term and not really accurate if you want to split hairs.

I think this guy created this sign to intentionally poke at our ultra Politically Correct culture and for that alone, I approve.
    Last edited by AuH20; 03-05-2015 at 09:05 PM.

The built the Smithsonian, a whole institute just to commemorate white man's magic. How much more do you want?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Eh whatever. Racism is stupid.

Eh, really stupid business decision but I believe in the freedom to be dumb.

So why exactly is this Curtis offended?

Why do blacks get a history month and whites can't? Isn't that racist?

I actually lived in Flemington NJ for several years as child. I barely remember it though.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    So why exactly is this Curtis offended?

Why do blacks get a history month and whites can't? Isn't that racist?

I actually lived in Flemington NJ for several years as child. I barely remember it though.
    If I had to guess, he wrongly ascribes all whites (even the powerless ones like this schlub) to be part of the machine.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have noticed something with these sort of stories. I get the impression that people who are usually against white history/heritage months are terrified that they start celebrating their heritage that it would some how end up in slavery and segregation. My guess is the biracial fellow is doubly terrified since he may believe that when that time comes, he wouldn't be welcomed to join them. This assuming he is half white.

People should calm the $#@! down, slavery and segregation (state sanctioned at least) are never coming back and Thank God for that.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I have noticed something with these sort of stories. I get the impression that people who are usually against white history/heritage months are terrified that they start celebrating their heritage that it would some how end up in slavery and segregation. My guess is the biracial fellow is doubly terrified since he may believe that when that time comes, he wouldn't be welcomed to join them. This assuming he is half white.

People should calm the $#@! down, slavery and segregation (state sanctioned at least) are never coming back and Thank God for that.
    Today the sign.....tomorrow you're picking the cotton. Damn the thought controllers.

this is the type of article that could help sooth race relations. Not that it would excuse the despicable behavior that occurred in the past, but it would dispel much of the unchecked lies.

http://townhall.com/columnists/micha...very/page/full

Even in the South, more than 80% of the white population never owned slaves. Given the fact that the majority of today’s non-black Americans descend from immigrants who arrived in this country after the War Between the States, only a tiny percentage of today’s white citizens – perhaps as few as 5% -- bear any authentic sort of generational guilt for the exploitation of slave labor. Of course, a hundred years of Jim Crow laws, economic oppression and indefensible discrimination followed the theoretical emancipation of the slaves, but those harsh realities raise different issues from those connected to the long-ago history of bondage.
    Last edited by AuH20; 03-05-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

You need to check you're privilege. (oh, wait a minute....nvrmnd...)
    "The Patriarch"

However, the sign has been taken down and Boggess has apologized to Curtis, NJ.com reported Thursday.
    Too late, you're a racist and the whole world hates you.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    You need to check you're privilege. (oh, wait a minute....nvrmnd...)
    Wait a minute rat head. I may not be white but I am still straight, cis gendered, able bodied and male. That is still quite a few privileges to check even without being white

yea, he lost a few points in my book for apologizing. I am sure he did it to save his business and rep but the moment you do so, the SJW and thought police win and you never want those a holes to win anything. At this rate, next month he would be doing volunteer work at the SPLC..

He may not be racist but he sure is dumb, and nothing libertarians should celebrate.

Chester Copperpot

this guy curtis sounds intolerant... sounds racist

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hahahahahaha, thx Traditional Conservative...uh, I mean "Brett"!!!!

Oh, the lulz from these types never end.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Hahahahahaha, thx Traditional Conservative...uh, I mean "Brett"!!!!

Oh, the lulz from these types never end.
    lulz I luv it when the uptight right-wingers give me silly -reps like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    this guy curtis sounds intolerant... sounds racist
    Sounds ignorant as opposed to intolerant to me.

Curtis observed about the Cocco's episode, "I'm big and black and have a loud voice. But that's not against the law." Curtis is determined to stand up for himself and continue his exploration of what is and isn't against the law. On Wednesday morning, he said he was going to see a lawyer to talk about whether his civil rights have been violated by the police and by the sign.

For the record, although Curtis has a problem with White History Month, he is part white. "I'm black, Irish and Polish," he said, "but I look black. I grew up in a white family, and I love white people. I just hate racism."
    Sounds like a child, but that is the job of our educational system.
    Last edited by AuH20; 03-05-2015 at 11:11 PM.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Sounds ignorant as opposed to intolerant to me.

Sounds like a child, but that is the job of our educational system.
    How come this guy doesnt feel violated by black history month, or puerto rican day parade, gay pride day, or any one of a plethora of other celebrated occasions based on race or ethnic heritage?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    How come this guy doesnt feel violated by black history month, or puerto rican day parade, gay pride day, or any one of a plethora of other celebrated occasions based on race or ethnic heritage?
    I don't think you understand how he has been conditioned to perceive this type of unusual (for him) form of expression. Historical abuse of African Americans by the white majority is the 2 ton elephant in the room. As a result, this guy sees racism at every avenue, sometimes when it's not even applicable. Quite honestly, he probably sees it in his bowl of cheerios each morning.
    Last edited by AuH20; 03-05-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I don't think you understand how he has been conditioned to perceive this type of unusual (for him) form of expression. Historical abuse of African Americans by the white majority is the 2 ton elephant in the room. As a result, this guy sees racism at every avenue, sometimes when it's not even applicable. Quite honestly, he probably sees it in his bowl of cheerios each morning.
    It's funny how you focus on that guy when the title of your thread is about another idiot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast