Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peeps-Flavored Milk Coming to a Grocery Store Near You

Peeps-Flavored Milk Coming to a Grocery Store Near You

I admit, every Easter I indulge in one pack of pink bunny Peeps. The trick to enjoying them is leaving them open for a few days. Fresh Peeps are nasty but stale Peeps make my taste buds sing. Peeps milk doesn't sound very good but I'm curious to know what marshmallow milk tastes like.

Easter’s around the corner, which means an influx of everyone’s favorite chick-shaped marshmallows are hitting shelves.

This year, though, there’s a new product for the Peeps fanatics out there: Peeps-flavored milk.

The limited edition drink comes in three flavors – Marshmallow Milk, Chocolate Marshmallow Milk and Easter Egg Nog – and is already available in the Midwest.

“Peeps marshmallow is an iconic symbol of Easter and springtime, but enjoyment of the product extends well beyond eating the cute treats,” Peeps senior brand manager Noelle Porcoro said in a statement. “Through our exciting partnership with dairy leader Prairie Farms, fans will be able to express their ‘Peepsonality’ in new ways this spring.”

The milk is certainly considered a treat with a whopping 37 grams of sugar per one cup serving.

"We view our Prairie Farms Peeps milk as a treat and is still packed with 9 essential nutrients and 8 grams of protein,” a Peeps spokeswoman told ABC News. “Although it contains added sugar, 11 grams are found naturally from the lactose in milk."

As a part of the launch, Prairie farms is holding a recipe contest featuring at least one Prairie Farms product and any Peeps marshmallow treat, which the new milk would hit in one. From March 9 through April 5, daily and weekly prizes will be awarded.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/peep...ry?id=29413199

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, I'm guessing this is about as tasty and healthy as the bacon pizza I had last night.

Maybe in a week or two I can have another cheat meal like that and go out and get a carton..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Wow, I'm guessing this is about as tasty and healthy as the bacon pizza I had last night.

Maybe in a week or two I can have another cheat meal like that and go out and get a carton..
    I think I'll wash my bacon pizza down with one of these babies and consider it one bad meal.

Oh hell no. My kid would never drink water, tea or regular milk again if I gave her a taste of that.

I guess I'm doing okay with her dietary "training," when someone asked her if she wanted chocolate milk or regular, she went with regular. I like to taste food, not the crap that's added to it. It drives me nuts that Kludge drinks his coffee with that crappy-ass over-flavored creamer. Put some cinnamon and whole milk in there and you're good to go. A little xylitol if you like it sweet.
    Last edited by amy31416; 03-05-2015 at 09:48 PM.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Lol, I thought sugar was the flavor for peeps. The same with every little debbie pastry.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Lol, I thought sugar was the flavor for peeps. The same with every little debbie pastry.
    Nah, they come in yellow, pink, blue, purple, green flavors and every shape you can imagine. Pink bunnies are the best flavor.

peeps are for microwave entertainment
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ew. Doesn't sound tasty to me.

omg, that's seriously gross. I need to go cleanse the thought of that tatse out of my mouth with a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I admit, every Easter I indulge in one pack of pink bunny Peeps. The trick to enjoying them is leaving them open for a few days. Fresh Peeps are nasty but stale Peeps make my taste buds sing. Peeps milk doesn't sound very good but I'm curious to know what marshmallow milk tastes like.
    As I was about to enter this thread, I was thinking about how my kids love stale peeps. Hopefully you dont try the same trick with peeps milk.

I dont particularly care for peeps, but they have nostalgia value. Like candy buttons - they take me way back.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

The article says it's only going to be available in the midwest. WTF? I still want to try it, I don't want to take some Fox News reporter's word for how good it is. Marshmallow milk sounds intriguing.

We tried it so you don't have to: Peeps Milk

It’s that time of year when drug store shelves are stocked full of pastel colored candies. Chocolate eggs, jelly beans--and those sugary Marshmallow Peeps.

But this year Peeps are moving from the candy aisle to the dairy aisle.

Prairie Farms dairy has teamed up with Peeps-maker Just Born to create Peeps Milk in three flavors: Chocolate Marshmallow, Marshmallow and Egg Nog.

So how do they taste?

If you like Peeps, then you’ll be in Easter heaven. If you don’t, you may throw up.

Chocolate Marshmallow basically tastes like a creamy, thick chocolate milk. It’s a better version of Nesquik or any other powdered additive we’ve tried recently and was the hands-down the office favorite among the group. The Egg Nog tastes pretty much how would expect—without the alcohol. It’s the thickest of the three and definitely the richest and could be difficult to get down.

The most surprising, and divisive flavor was the plain Marshmallow. Its consistency and taste mirror melted vanilla ice cream—but sweeter. If you could liquefy and chill a marshmallow, we imagine this would be the result.

“I don’t think marshmallow should ever be a milk,” one taster commented. “I may gag but it’s also pretty delicious.”

The slightly yellow color is a bit off-putting but for those with a serious sweet tooth, one sip is all you need to be transported into a Willy Wonky dream.

All three would make a great addition to a milkshake but even though Peeps milk is real dairy, it should be treated more like a dessert, not a replacement for your daily glass of skim. And if your kid is prone to sugar highs, you better keep this hidden.

The plain and chocolate marshmallow versions use 2 percent reduced fat milk--but each boasts a whopping 250 calories per cup serving with 37 grams of sugar. The thick Egg Nog has 380 calories, 18 grams of fat and 40 grams of sugar in a one cup.

Peeps Milk will be available for a limited time in grocery stores throughout the Midwest, and after they they hop away like the Easter Bunny.
    http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/...ntcmp=trending

That usually means it is a "test market area". If it sells well, it may be seen in more locations next year. If it doesn't do well- it might not be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    That usually means it is a "test market area". If it sells well, it may be seen in more locations next year. If it doesn't do well- it might not be seen again.
    That sucks. All you midwesterners, go buy Peeps milk and tell 'em you know people in GA who would love it.

You did get a grapple. Did you like it?

You did get a grapple. Did you like it?
    It was okay. Not as great as I'd hoped but I'm glad I tried it. The grape Kool Aid smell was a bit off putting. It reminded me of the banana/apples I bought one time. They look and have the texture of a banana but they taste like an apple. I never really like that stuff but I can't resist trying it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wasn't that impressed either. Different- but not good enough to get me to buy any more of them. But trying new things is good! Sometimes you find really good things you would have otherwise missed out on.

I wasn't that impressed either. Different- but not good enough to get me to buy any more of them. But trying new things is good! Sometimes you find really good things you would have otherwise missed out on.
    Yeah, I like to go to this Asian market that has every fruit and vegetable you can imagine. I recently tried rambutan. When I saw them, I just had to taste the darn things and they're pretty good. If you like lychees, you'll like these. I like to buy canned lychees at the Asian market and put them in fruit salads.

Oh and they also have jackfruit there. I haven't gotten up the nerve to try that yet, mostly because it's kind of expensive.

Rambutan is an odd fruit that looks like a furry strawberry from the outside, and much like a lychee on the inside. It is native to South East Asia, but has been spread and a smaller “wild” version can be found in Costa Rica, where it is called a Chinese sucker. The fruit is an oval shape and about 3-6 cm in diameter. Inside the slightly hard, but easily peal able skin, you can find a soft fruit that tastes slightly sweet, with a possible sour tinge.

It's baaaaccckkk! I'm gonna get some and dunk my stale Peeps in it.

Peeps Milk Makes a Triumphant Return for Easter

Marshmallow Peeps can be found just about everywhere during the Easter season—including in the dairy aisle. Back by popular demand, Carlinville, Illinois’s Prairie Farms Dairy is giving its Peeps Milk a national rollout.

As if the variety of shapes, colors, and flavors of the (mostly) solid marshmallow treat didn’t offer enough options for your next sugar fix, you can now choose to drink the sugary candies in one of several flavors, including Chocolate Marshmallow, Egg Nog, and Strawberry Créme. Peeps Milk also comes in a new Orange Créme flavor, which is available exclusively at Walmart.

Last year, Prairie Farms introduced Peeps Milk in select markets throughout the Midwest. This year, they’re making it available from coast to coast. (YAY!)

For the culinarily inclined, each carton also comes with some recipes to help heighten your Peeps Milk experience, such as Easter Egg Nog Shakes and Chocolate Marshmallow Peeps Cupcakes, while more can be found on Prairie Farms' YouTube page. We'll drink to that!
    http://mentalfloss.com/article/76467...-return-easter
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 03-03-2016 at 02:58 PM. Reason: So excited, I forgot to post link. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

It's baaaaccckkk! I'm gonna get some and dunk my stale Peeps in it.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/76467...-return-easter

Egg nog in March?? $#@! yeah.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You'd think that after a year this would seem less horrifying .. nope
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Egg nog in March?? $#@! yeah.
    Oooo, I bet you could make some yummy cocktails out of Peeps milk. A white marshmallow russian? Mmmm...
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Says this year it should be available nation-wide. Haven't seen it in my store yet (not that I am looking for it either!)

Make your own Peeps- recipe! http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydis...416-story.html

HOMEMADE MARSHMALLOW "PEEPS" CANDIES

Total time: 1 hour, plus setting time

Servings: About 3 dozen candies, depending on size

Note: This recipe requires the use of a candy or digital thermometer.

2 packages gelatin

3/4 cup water, divided

Butter for greasing a baking sheet, if cutting out shapes

2 cups sugar

2 tablespoons light corn syrup

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 cups colored sugar

1/2 cup chocolate chips

1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, sprinkle the gelatin over one-fourth cup of water and let stand until the gelatin is softened. If piping chick-shaped candies, fit a piping bag with a large, round tip (preferably one-half inch) and place the colored sugar in a bowl. If cutting out shapes, butter the baking sheet and line with parchment paper, then butter the parchment paper.

2. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining water with the sugar and corn syrup, and cook until the sugar reaches 245 degrees using a candy thermometer. Remove from heat.

3. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly pour the hot sugar syrup down the side of the mixer so it doesn't splash against the whisk. Slowly increase the mixer speed to high and beat until the marshmallow lightens in color, about 6 minutes, then beat in the vanilla. For piped marshmallows, continue beating on high speed until the marshmallow firms and stiffens in texture (similar to a stiff meringue); the marshmallow will have lost some of its sheen and should break off as the beater is removed, but it should not be overly stringy, 10 to 16 minutes. For cut marshmallows, beat less, only until the marshmallow is fluffy and doubled in volume, 8 to 10 minutes total.

4. To pipe marshmallow chicks, start by piping the body: Hold the piping bag over the colored sugar and begin piping the marshmallow out onto the sugar so it is about 1 inch in diameter and approximately one-half-inch thick. Continue piping the body so it is about 2½ inches in length, then slowly release the tip from the marshmallow, pushing the marshmallow up to form a tail. To form the chest and head, pipe on top of the body, starting from the front of the body and piping over half of the back. Continue piping, but reversing direction, to form the head, slowly releasing the tip to form the beak. Spoon the colored sugar over the formed marshmallow to coat completely. Remove the marshmallow to a parchment-lined baking sheet.

To form cuttable marshmallows, using a lightly greased offset spatula, immediately spread the mixture onto the buttered parchment-lined sheet, spreading the marshmallow so it covers the pan in an even layer. Set aside, uncovered, 2 to 4 hours to set. When the marshmallow is set, cut out shapes using lightly greased cutters. Gently press the marshmallows in colored sugar to evenly coat.

5. Form the eyes: Place the chocolate chips in a glass measuring cup or bowl and microwave in 10-second increments, stirring occasionally, until melted. Use a toothpick to dot the melted chocolate over the marshmallow candies to form eyes (and noses, for marshmallow bunnies).

Each of 36 candies: 82 calories; 0 protein; 19 grams carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 1 gram fat; 0 saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 18 grams sugar; 2 mg sodium.

Note: Once you've mastered the basic techniques, you can really start to play around with your "peeps."

Vanilla flavoring can be substituted with another flavoring, such as almond, mint or lemon extract. Or you can use powdered spices such as ground cinnamon. You can even use rose- or orange blossom water, which is actually quite delicious. Start by beating in about one-fourth teaspoon of the flavoring at a time and then adding more to reach the desired taste.

Colored sugars are available at most grocery stores as well as at cooking and baking supply stores, but you can make your own custom hues: Place granulated sugar in a sealable plastic bag or jar with a few drops of food coloring, then shake until the coloring is evenly distributed. Spread the sugar out onto a rimmed baking sheet for about 30 minutes to dry, then sift the sugar before using to remove any lumps.

Cheaper to just buy the damn things.

Says this year it should be available nation-wide. Haven't seen it in my store yet (not that I am looking for it either!) (sure I bet you're sitting in your cubicle at the NSA call center sipping on big glass of Peeps Marshmallow Milk laughing your ass off)

Make your own Peeps- recipe! http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydis...416-story.html

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lots of rum in it.

I got some!!! I ended up getting chocolate because my son said that's the only one he would even consider tasting. We got it home and both took a swig right out the carton. It was disgusting. Truly disgusting. I mean, how do you even $#@! up chocolate milk? That crap wasn't cheap, either. ($2.75)

I got some!!! I ended up getting chocolate because my son said that's the only one he would even consider tasting. We got it home and both took a swig right out the carton. It was disgusting. Truly disgusting. I mean, how do you even $#@! up chocolate milk? That crap wasn't cheap, either. ($2.75)
    Wow seriously, how do you $#@! up chocolate milk??

I'll see if I can grab another flavor on the way home, take a hit for the team in case it sucks..

Wow seriously, how do you $#@! up chocolate milk??

I'll see if I can grab another flavor on the way home, take a hit for the team in case it sucks..
    Exactly!! And the son who tried it with me LOVES chocolate milk.

Chester Copperpot

Exactly!! And the son who tried it with me LOVES chocolate milk.
    well seems like peeps wouldnt be chocolate milk but a chocolate-marshmallow-sugar mix milk.. sounds disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    well seems like peeps wouldnt be chocolate milk but a chocolate-marshmallow-sugar mix milk.. sounds disgusting
    It was slimy, too. *gag* I've never had milk with that texture before. I'm beginning to wonder if there was even any milk in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast