Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Carson: Being Gay Is A Choice Because Of Prison Sex [VIDEO]

Ben Carson: Being Gay Is A Choice Because Of Prison Sex [VIDEO]

Way to go.

Ben Carson: Being Gay Is A Choice Because Of Prison Sex [video]

03/04/2015
    Dr. Ben Carson, who recently formed an exploratory committee for a potential run for president, finds himself in a new controversy on the issue of gay marriage.
    Debating with CNN Chris Cuomo on New Day, Carson, a retired neurosurgeon, said the fact that straight men have sex with other men while in prison proves being gay is a choice.
    Cuomo asked if Carson thought being gay was a choice, to which he replied, “Absolutely.”
    Carson said, “A lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight and when they come out they’re gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question.”

http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/04/be...son-sex-video/

Un-Related

Rape in the American Prison
    February 25, 2015

Woman who called Obama "gay" honored with Grammy, "Warrior of Truth" Awards

Bisexuals hopeful as 1 of their own becomes a governor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3_MqgeoD5Y

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Insert Mr. Herman Cain CEO creepy **** psycho gif here.

Mr. Ben Carson MD's half-life is expiring more quickly than expected.

He needs to receive a new set of talking points from his handlers if he wants to make it to the quarter-finals.

it's quite true, but it's also incredibly poor politics to say so

Sounds reasonable to me.

And humans are not by nature omnivores and are instead cannibalistic because when they are stranded in a area without food, they resort to eating each other. For a neuro surgeon, this man doesn't seem to be very smart. He thinks and talks slowly. I think he should go back to medicine, politics is not his forte.

Ben Carson apologizes for comments on gay people
    Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson apologized for commenting Wednesday that prisoners' changes after they leave jail proves being gay is a choice, but said that the science is still murky on the issue.In a statement, Carson said he "realized that my choice of language does not reflect fully my heart on gay issues."
    "I do not pretend to know how every individual came to their sexual orientation. I regret that my words to express that concept were hurtful and divisive. For that I apologize unreservedly to all that were offended," he added.
    More: http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/04/politi...ns-gay-choice/

Welcome to politics, Ben!
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Ben Carson apologizes for comments on gay people

More: http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/04/politi...ns-gay-choice/

I'm waiting for a Christian Liberty candidate who on the one hand passionately condemns homosexuality, and on the other hand passionately contends for freedom. When this happens, politics will change in this country.

This is just politically correct garbage.

I would have respected Mr. Ben Carson MD a bit more if he would not have recanted in such a overly-patronizing manner.

He is not ready for prime time.

He should have entered the public sphere by running for his local school board, city council, or cemetery board before being soiled and discarded by the establishment.

Hell, he might have been a very good choice for Sturgeon General.

Last edited by sparebulb; 03-04-2015 at 08:09 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    And humans are not by nature omnivores and are instead cannibalistic because when they are stranded in a area without food, they resort to eating each other. For a neuro surgeon, this man doesn't seem to be very smart. He thinks and talks slowly. I think he should go back to medicine, politics is not his forte.
    Bad analogy, cannibals are a subset of omnivores, whereas homosexuals are not a subset of heterosexuals.

Carson's argument is easily defended: if homosexuality is genetic then the incidence thereof should not change according to circumstances. However, since we know that it does - thanks to observed prison behavior - homosexuality cannot be solely genetic (and may not be genetic at all), so there must be other, non-genetic factors involved, factors which must necessarily include an element of human choice.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Bad analogy, cannibals are a subset of omnivores, whereas homosexuals are not a subset of heterosexuals.

Carson's argument is easily defended: if homosexuality is genetic then the incidence thereof should not change according to circumstances. However, since we know that it does - thanks to observed prison behavior - homosexuality cannot be solely genetic (and may not be genetic at all), so there must be other, non-genetic factors involved, factors which must necessarily include an element of human choice.
    Eh. I don't know if it's genetic or not, but it's certainly not a "choice". I believe some may be genetically/inherently more prone to it than others, while other external factors such as the nature of one's upbringing and social experiences can also have an impact. I also believe some are prone to it (more than you'd think) but don't have an event that makes them realize it until a certain point, if at all... But to say it's just a behavioral decision is ridiculous and couldn't be farther from the truth. Nobody chooses who they're attracted to. It just is what it is.
    Last edited by Millennial Conservatarian; 03-04-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Carson would have been fine if he just focused on supporting equal contractual rights for both straights and gays. But he didn't.

This guy flat out sucks and I don't know why so many people here want to treat him with kid gloves and pretend that he's "learning" and that he'll eventually "come around" to libertarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by Millennial Conservatarian View Post
    Nobody chooses who they're attracted to.
    We're not talking about attraction, we're talking about sexual behavior. Two different things. "Attraction" is entirely in the mind of the beholder, whereas sexual activity can be objectively measured.

I know people who confess attraction to both men and women, but engage in sexual behavior with only one gender and never the other. Attraction is not the issue, it's not even close to the issue. Hell, I'm attracted to all sorts of women but would only consider sexual behavior with a subset of them that meets additional qualifications (e.g. not married, and of legal age).

Attraction is not compulsion, and equating the two is a canard that serves only to confuse the issue, at the service of those who wish to see the issue confused.

Damn, I thought he would be a good VP prospect but no more.

Exactly.

Indeed, he was too honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

We're not talking about attraction, we're talking about sexual behavior. Two different things. "Attraction" is entirely in the mind of the beholder, whereas sexual activity can be objectively measured.

I know people who confess attraction to both men and women, but engage in sexual behavior with only one gender and never the other. Attraction is not the issue, it's not even close to the issue. Hell, I'm attracted to all sorts of women but would only consider sexual behavior with a subset of them that meets additional qualifications (e.g. not married, and of legal age).

Attraction is not compulsion, and equating the two is a canard that serves only to confuse the issue, at the service of those who wish to see the issue confused.
    You've just illustrated the problem. What most people mean when they say someone is "gay" is that they have a certain sexual orientation. Sexual orientation means which gender you are attracted to, not which gender you perform sexual acts with. This is why gay people get so offended, and rightly so, when people claim that being gay is somehow a choice.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

I bet it plays well in Iowa.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You've just illustrated the problem. What most people mean when they say someone is "gay" is that they have a certain sexual orientation. Sexual orientation means which gender you are attracted to, not which gender you perform sexual acts with. This is why gay people get so offended, and rightly so, when people claim that being gay is somehow a choice.
    They can be as offended as they damn please if they're that determined to manufacture offense out of thin air by changing the meaning of language. Being homosexual is not about who you are attracted to, it's about who you actually have sex with. Hence, prison homosexuals who immediately go back to being straight once they are free.

Having sex with someone, unless you are being raped, is a choice. There's no getting around that. Pretending it is not a choice is not a convincing argument, its a rationale to escape responsibility for one's own actions. Trying to make it a mental orientation rather than a physical one is a fallacy designed to inflate the actual numbers of homosexuals and by extension their political importance.

It's interesting that there are straight people who get all bent out o shape butt hurt over even the hint of a suggestion that being gay might be a choice when there are gay people who revel in the "fact" that it is a choice.

http://*****bychoice.com

And we had a thread here recently of a mom who proudly proclaims that she choose to be a lesbian and wants her daughter to make the same choice.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ght=sally+kohn

I’m gay. And I want my kid to be gay, too.

Many of my straight friends, even the most liberal, see this logic as warped. It’s one thing for them to admit that they would prefer their kids to be straight, something they’ll only begrudgingly confess. But wanting my daughter to be a lesbian? I might as well say I want her to grow up to be lactose intolerant.

“Don’t you want her to be happy?” one friend asked. Perhaps he just meant that it’s easier to be straight in a homophobic culture. But this attitude complies with, even reinforces, that culture in the first place. A less-charitable interpretation is that he thinks being straight is superior. When I was a teenager, my father cautioned me against marrying a black person. “I’m just trying to protect you,” he said. But it was impossible to know whether he meant to insulate me from the world’s bias or implicitly rationalize his own.

The idea that no one would choose to be gay is widely held — even in the gay rights movement. In the early ’90s, partly as a response to the destructive notion that gay people could be changed, activists pressed the idea of sexuality as a fixed, innate state. Scientists even tried to prove that there’s a “gay gene.” These concepts about sexual orientation helped justify the case for legal protections. The idea that folks are “born gay” became not only the theme of a Lady Gaga song, but the implicit rationale for gay rights.

Not a fan of Sally Kohn but I appreciate her honesty. Whether sexuality is fixed or not, the sad truth is that the believe that it is fixed is driven more by cynical politics than anything else. That said, this is America and people can choose to be whatever they want. There is no need to force an unproven belief on the rest of society just to respect someone else's right to be different.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

That doesn't make any sense. You aren't going to engage in sexual behaviors with someone unless you're attracted to them. And you're going to seek out such behaviors with those you're attracted to. Some suppress it, but that in itself is a behavior. If someone is attracted to both men and women, then they are bisexual. That isn't a choice either. You don't choose to be homosexual lol. Of course a sexual act with anyone is a "choice". If you're straight and choose to engage in sexual acts with the opposite sex, that would be a choice. But being homosexual or heterosexual or somewhere in between isn't.
    Last edited by Millennial Conservatarian; 03-04-2015 at 08:59 PM.

You aren't going to engage in sexual behaviors with someone unless you're attracted to them.
    You've never had sex with an ugly woman?

That doesn't make any sense. You aren't going to engage in sexual behaviors with someone unless you're attracted to them.
    Oh my young friend, I hate to pull out the age card (makes me feel old) but you will revise this opinion considerably with more experience. I personally wouldn't, but there are many many many who do.

And you're going to seek out such behaviors with those you're attracted to.
    Not necessarily, as I mentioned above. There's a smoking hot 14-year-old girl who lives down the block who is already for all practical purposes a fully developed woman, and there's no chance I will seek anything from her. Is she attractive? Hell yeah! Am I going to act on that attraction? Hell no!

Some suppress it, but that in itself is a behavior.
    That behavior is called "being civilized".

You don't choose to be homosexual lol. Of course a sexual act with anyone is a "choice". But being homosexual or heterosexual or somewhere in between isn't.
    We have overwhelming evidence that when put in prison, many do in fact choose to be homosexual - people who never before nor afterwards engage in any homosexual behavior, but in prison they do. Now, if there were no choice involved, one would have to say that these people who clearly were engaged in homosexual activity are in fact heterosexual. Proof by contradiction thus puts the "not a choice" hypothesis to rest.

Wrong.

Prison sex is only gay if you're on the receiving end. (source: Wikipedia)
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

They can be as offended as they damn please if they're that determined to manufacture offense out of thin air by changing the meaning of language. Being homosexual is not about who you are attracted to, it's about who you actually have sex with. Hence, prison homosexuals who immediately go back to being straight once they are free.

Having sex with someone, unless you are being raped, is a choice. There's no getting around that. Pretending it is not a choice is not a convincing argument, its a rationale to escape responsibility for one's own actions. Trying to make it a mental orientation rather than a physical one is a fallacy designed to inflate the actual numbers of homosexuals and by extension their political importance.
    1gay

adjective \ˈgā\
    : sexually attracted to someone who is the same sex

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gay

Even if you don't use this definition yourself, you need to acknowledge that this is the definition used by the vast majority of people. And if you insist that being gay is the act and not the attraction, then you need to also acknowledge that you aren't talking about the same thing that everyone else is talking about.

Life, Liberty, Logic

What most people mean when they say someone is "gay" is that they have a certain sexual orientation. Sexual orientation means which gender you are attracted to, not which gender you perform sexual acts with.
    They can be as offended as they damn please if they're that determined to manufacture offense out of thin air by changing the meaning of language. Being homosexual is not about who you are attracted to, it's about who you actually have sex with.

Hence, prison homosexuals who immediately go back to being straight once they are free.
    So you disagree with Dr. Carson? He thinks that once you go gay, you never come back.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

When I tell someone that I am "straight", it doesn't mean that I have sex with women or have ever even necessarily touched a woman. It means I am attracted to women. "Straight" and "gay" both refer to sexual orientation, not sexual acts.

Life, Liberty, Logic

Sexual orientation means which gender you are attracted to, not which gender you perform sexual acts with.
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Duh lol.
    Being homosexual is not about who you are attracted to, it's about who you actually have sex with. Hence, prison homosexuals who immediately go back to being straight once they are free.
    You are wrong. It is about who you are attracted to. Only those who are for whatever reason attracted to the same sex will engage in homosexual behaviors.

Read my previous post. I said I believe there are many factors that go into one's sexuality, and some may be more prone to it than others based upon these factors. Thus, under the right circumstances it could be brought out of them even if they do not know it or have deeply suppressed it.
    You've never had sex with an ugly woman?
    No. I only have sex with people I'm attracted to.

Santorum won Iowa due to his religious views. And then he went on to win the nomination.

Oh, wait...

Oh my young friend, I hate to pull out the age card (makes me feel old) but you will revise this opinion considerably with more experience. ......

That behavior is called "being civilized".
    And I'm telling you from my own experience that what you are saying has no basis in reality.

"Being civilized"... I find that incredibly offensive. So you're saying that gay/bi people who act on their sexual orientation are uncivilized or the action of doing so is "being uncivilized"?

If we're talking about who someone is "attracted to", then we are literally playing mind games. I can't read anybody's mind and neither can anybody else.

What matters on a practical basis is actual behavior. The mental process that goes into that behavior is of no importance, since it's the behavior itself that has consequences. Attraction is completely meaningless without an action.

I don't waste my time with that which is completely meaningless, so I'm discussing the actual behavior - something that happens in physical reality, that can be measured and verified, not "attraction" which is wholly subjective. Moreover, "sexual attraction" is not a single discrete thing but the result of a wide myriad of motivations and physical and environmental conditions.

Back to the original thesis, "being gay" does not mean to me "being attracted to others of the same gender", it means "having or seeking sex with others of the same gender". Attraction and sexual behavior are two separate things. I have observed through extensive experience that for a great many men, attraction is partly or completely optional, as long as they get their jollies off. Hence, prison homosexuals who are not so outside of prison.

I bolded that not to shout but to call attention to the point which is really hard for a lot of people to grasp. It's an uncomfortable truth about male sexuality, but it is a hard and uncompromising truth. A lot of men are just hardwired to get off however they can, and the ones not restrained by social taboo find the most common ground with others of their type. That's why male homosexuals are a lot more common than female ones, even though conventional social mores tend to be more tolerant of the latter. There are homosexuals whose condition arises from other causes (childhood trauma, mommy/daddy issues), but in the main, we're talking about people who prioritize getting off over everything else and make common cause together, damn the taboos and consequences.

It may occur to you at this point to think I am speaking out of ignorance, but I am not at all. Lived right in the middle of the densest concentration of gay men in the country (Greenwich Village, NYC) for a long time. I'm talking about years of observed behavior of neighbors and acquaintances and people I hung out with and people I do business with. I am absolutely beyond any reasonable doubt certain that there is no such thing as healthy homosexuality, and more so, that people choose to embrace orgasm-uber-alles as a way of life.

If we're talking about who someone is "attracted to", then we are literally playing mind games. I can't read anybody's mind and neither can anybody else.

What matters on a practical basis is actual behavior. The mental process that goes into that behavior is of no importance, since it's the behavior itself that has consequences. Attraction is completely meaningless without an action.

I don't waste my time with that which is completely meaningless, so I'm discussing the actual behavior - something that happens in physical reality, that can be measured and verified, not "attraction" which is wholly subjective. Moreover, "sexual attraction" is not a single discrete thing but the result of a wide myriad of motivations and physical and environmental conditions.

Back to the original thesis, "being gay" does not mean to me "being attracted to others of the same gender", it means "having or seeking sex with others of the same gender". Attraction and sexual behavior are two separate things. I have observed through extensive experience that for a great many men, attraction is partly or completely optional, as long as they get their jollies off. Hence, prison homosexuals who are not so outside of prison.

I bolded that not to shout but to call attention to the point which is really hard for a lot of people to grasp. It's an uncomfortable truth about male sexuality, but it is a hard and uncompromising truth. A lot of men are just hardwired to get off however they can, and the ones not restrained by social taboo find the most common ground with others of their type. That's why male homosexuals are a lot more common than female ones, even though conventional social mores tend to be more tolerant of the latter. There are homosexuals whose condition arises from other causes (childhood trauma, mommy/daddy issues), but in the main, we're talking about people who prioritize getting off over everything else and make common cause together, damn the taboos and consequences.

It may occur to you at this point to think I am speaking out of ignorance, but I am not at all. Lived right in the middle of the densest concentration of gay men in the country (Greenwich Village, NYC) for a long time. I'm talking about years of observed behavior of neighbors and acquaintances and people I hung out with and people I do business with. I am absolutely beyond any reasonable doubt certain that there is no such thing as healthy homosexuality, and more so, that people choose to embrace orgasm-uber-alles as a way of life.
    This is great, but literally nobody disputes that having sex is a choice, regardless of whether it's gay or straight sex. If your intent is to argue that "having gay sex" is a choice, then you won't find a single person who will argue against you, just like no one will argue against sex between a man and a woman also being a choice. But for goodness sakes, be clear about the terms you use. Using the word "gay" to mean something other than a person's sexual orientation is just begging for miscommunication. If you mean "gay sex", then say "gay sex". If you mean "gay", then say "gay".

And no, attraction is not a necessary precondition, but it is almost always a precondition for both straight and gay sex.

Life, Liberty, Logic

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast