Thread: Honest money activist releases barter-friendly gold grams emblazoned with Ron Paul figure

Thumbs up Honest money activist releases barter-friendly gold grams emblazoned with Ron Paul figure

Honest money activist releases barter-friendly gold grams emblazoned with Ron Paul figure

Wednesday, March 04, 2015
    by: J. D. Heyes

A noted liberty activist has launched a campaign to return "value" to local communities by reintroducing an "ancient" form of "peer-to-peer commerce."

Gary Franchi, founder of the Next News Network and host of last year's Global Freedom Summit, believes "organic money" is the answer to protecting against an eventual collapse of the world financial system. It's also a great way to return to a more personalized economy.

"We're going back to basics with this modern day twist on an ancient way for peer-to-peer commerce," Franchi wrote on his Indiegogo funding page.

His concept: "Certified Sound Money" -- cards emblazoned with graphics that resemble paper money and are embedded with 1 gram of pure gold.

"Think local, think clean, think barter, and put some value back into your community," he says in an animated video explaining the concept.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In before the SWAT raid, and the counterfeiting charges if he survives.

And it is a good idea, and I would love to have some of these cards, but I won't be bartering with them. Anyone who will take my toilet paper FRNs will be getting those.

pretty expensive, compared to gold.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    pretty expensive, compared to gold.
    True. Of course there's manufacturing costs and markup. Gary should have some "stretch goals" in his campaign such as "If I make $100,000 everyone who pledge to buy one card will instead get two." Regardless, I'm glad someone in the liberty community has finally discovered Indegogo. (Well...there was also Ben Swann's kickstarter campaign.)
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.