Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Try It: Can You Hear These Sounds Only Young People Hear?

Try It: Can You Hear These Sounds Only Young People Hear?

Pretty neat. I can hear them all except the last one.

How young are your ears?

Did you know that, as we age, we can no longer hear certain high-pitched noises as well as we did during our youth? There are sound frequencies that only young people can hear.

This ear-aging process is called presbycusis, and it can begin as early as 18. It’s a result of the natural aging of the cells in our ears, and it’s unavoidable. However, if you’ve been good to your ears through the years you may be able to detect frequencies that are young for your age.

So, let’s get to it: How young are your ears? Listen to the four clips below and you’ll know.

8000 hertz (cycles per second): Everyone should be able to hear this frequency. This means you are alive.

12,000 Hz is hard for anyone over 50 to hear.

15,000 Hz is difficult for anyone over 40 to hear.

17,400 Hz is the frequency only teenagers can hear! Most people over 18 should not be able to detect this sound.

Some major retailers actually use this science to keep teens from loitering outside their stores. There’s a wall-mounted device, called the Mosquito teen repeller, that store owners can install on their property to keep young people from congregating.

If you ever want to play a trick on your teen — or if you’re a teen, a trick on your friends — download this app from iTunes, called Frequencies — Sounds only teens can hear! It’s billed by the company as a way to “drive your little brother crazy” or “annoy everybody in the room except the teacher!”

On the flip side, teens are striking back by employing these pitches as ringtones, so they can get calls that their parents and teachers can’t hear. Pretty brilliant!
    https://www.yahoo.com/health/try-it-...627654778.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I could only hear 2 of them

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I could only hear 2 of them

Yeah me too...the first two.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I could hear all but the last as well, but it made my eardrums feel weird. Like some strange form of non-hearable tinnitus.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

12khz was my audible limit, but I also felt a strange feeling in the ears above that.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

On the 15,000 I can hear a click turning it on and off.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I would have thought all that Heavy Metal and standing too close to the front stage concert speakers would have done me in. But I'm still pretty good.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I would have thought all that Heavy Metal and standing too close to the front stage concert speakers would have done me in. But I'm still pretty good.
    Ha! I went to lots of punk concerts, one that sticks in my head is when I was first in line to see the Pixies in Cleveland. I got smashed against the stage right near the speakers, not only did I get my ribs bruised from being slammed forward, but I could barely hear for a week. Of course, one of Black Francis' signature sounds was banging a feedback(?) speaker from his guitar against the stage.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

First two only.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

First 3. I haz youngsta ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I can hear the first 3. Getting close to 40. Will revist in the future.

I could not hear anything at 15k, but had a strange urge to leap from a window.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Someone with a dog in the room, play the last one and tell us what the dog says.

Dog was wagging her tail.

My 6 year old and 4 year old could not hear the last one?
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

I heard all of them! I had to move forward or turn my speakers up a little to hear number 4 clearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    First two only.
    Men only hear what they want to hear and women hear things that aren't even said.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Men only hear what they want to hear and women hear things that aren't even said.
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    You can tell a married man by his ability to recite everything that was said, while still not hearing a thing.

Its a survival trait...

Code:
    #!/bin/hubby
    echo $1
    exit 0

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Chester Copperpot

could hear them all except the last one

If you can't hear the 3rd one, play the 2nd one at the same time.

Chester Copperpot

on trying again with earphones instead of the laptop speakers I can now hear them all..

Damn I can hear and feel all of them all of them I am way over 18. At first I thought I could not hear it but some how I started hearing it. I have been into frequency for a long time. I study healing frequencies Look up healing frequency and see what comes up. I study with a group of people who are into "Rife Frequencies". It is very interesting to delve into this with others. I have been studying sounds effects on physiology since a young child. Bones on Star Trek used sound and light frequencies to heal people. Royal Raymond Rife was really cool I hope you will read up on him he did some really cool stuff with frequency
    One of my favorite frequencies is for the dragon fly which is the natural enemy to mosquitoes. When ever I listen to the frequency of the sound of their wings flapping they show up I see them in restrooms in gas stations I tell you I see them every where when I play it. They are good assistances with mosquitoes I tell ya.

I should make a youtube of it. There is so much coool frequency stuff I wish frequency healing were much more widely practiced.

Alas, frequency healing has been dispelled anyone who practices it is shunned. Fortunately the cosmetic industry has gotten behind some interesting anti-aging products. I am glad someone is allowed to used the technology. Maybe someone in the industry lobbyed congress or who ever it is that allows free trade. Has anyone ever been to any of the Asian market internet sites? They have millions of products that they are willing to put your brand on it some good deals that would allow resalers to make money on them. They can solve any manufacturing problem you can dream of. The Site that I go to is called Asian Products they are amazing. They have anything you can think of I tell ya. They have some of the best selections of medical equipment and interesting technologies in anti aging using frequency and alternative energy related products.

I think the fabled Brown Note is 153 Hz

Last edited by CPUd; 03-04-2015 at 10:26 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    You can tell a married man by his ability to recite everything that was said, while still not hearing a thing.

Its a survival trait...

Code:
    #!/bin/hubby
    echo $1
    exit 0
    My husband can't..I test him on this regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I heard all of them! I had to move forward or turn my speakers up a little to hear number 4 clearly.
    Same here and I'm over 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    My husband can't..I test him on this regularly.
    You've been married for more than two years then...

I want to give you guys an example of a healing tone for pain The tone being played is Solfeggio 174 Hz I play it a lot for my brother (the one that was stabbed in the chest this summer and had 2 open heart surgeries to repair the damage). He also has other pain issues as he was in a very serious accident several years ago that has left him disabled. This tone helps him sleep. He has suffered a lot of nerve damage and when he sleeps he just vibrates and flails about and makes a lot of groaning sounds when I play this for him he calms right down. He is on big pain meds and I think this helps him more:

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    You've been married for more than two years then...

Going on 8. He never hears a word I say. If it's important, I email him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast