Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The official "Stand with Rand" moneybomb thread is here! April 7th!

Maybe this came up already, but there appears to be 2 Facebook events for the moneybomb. The one Bryan posted, and this one that has a lot more people signed up: https://www.facebook.com/events/799900510065315/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    You dont need to call for press release. You simply send an email containing press release and article with permission for republishing to every media outlet you can think of... It is also important to send them in time and not 2 days before money-bomb. That way you give media time to open your email, read it, send it to someone who decides and so on. There is no use of it if it is sent 5 days before money-bomb and published 2 days after money-bomb...but before you can do any of that there needs to be :team recruitment, assignments, writers, contacts database yada yada yada.

In 2012 I had list of Ron Paul friendly sites but I gave it to someone on this forum...aaaannd it gone. Together with it went letters to the editor and articles.
    Alright, there's some actionable information. Thanks Barrex.

So then let's try to get together of a list of media outlets that might conceivably report on the moneybomb before it happens (everybody will report on it after it happens).

How about big-time libertarian/conservative internet media? What comes to mind?

Breitbart
    Drudge
    Daily Caller
    Reason
    The Blaze

Who else?

How about local news outlets in your area? Do any of them have a libertarian/conservative bent? Have they run pro-Rand stories before?

How about smaller internet outlets, like other forums or blogs?

Add your suggestions.

Once we have a nice list, I can find contact information and we start thinking about what to send them.

....think of any outlet that's been favorable to Rand or his ideas in the past and if possible find out who wrote those favorable articles.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 03-26-2015 at 06:08 PM.

Barrex, you're a smart cookie. Need to get you involved with some Citizens Initiatives, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Only 8,500 invites. Let's try to double that number!
    Remember -- don't only invite facebook friends. Spread the link to the event all over twitter and other social media. For me, twitter reaches many times more like-minded people than my measly list of facebook friends, and you can also spread the link in more places and more often without spamming your friends. The goal for the moneybomb at this point isn't to convince people to donate to Rand -- it's to spread the message so that the droves of people who already want to support Rand know what to do.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Not much happening on facebook or here right now. The Rand-buzz is increasing now, building up to the official announcement. One needs to tap into that if this is even to be a mediocre success. (raise a couple of hundred thousands)

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

How about big-time libertarian/conservative internet media? What comes to mind?

Breitbart
    Drudge
    Daily Caller
    Reason
    The Blaze

Who else?
    Rare

Do we have some widgets and images to promote this...did I miss them?
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by radiofriendly View Post
    Do we have some widgets and images to promote this...did I miss them?
    None that I am aware of, I or someone could work on some (images at least). What sizes do you recommend? There is this one used on the forum that anyone could take and reuse.

This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    Can we get this video added to the first post?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...romotion-Video
    Done. I updated to article page right away and forgot this. Thanks.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Done. I updated to article page right away and forgot this. Thanks.
    If we sent out press releases within the week, do we have a "Ron Paul Forums" email address that we could use?

Letting the media know about this is brilliant! I use - http://www.mondotimes.com/ - to find media outlets, and I wouldn't just email your local mainstream media, I'd pick up the phone and call them too - I've even gone so far as printing out press releases and hand delivering them to local newspapers, TV and radio stations - sometimes nothing works better than a smiling face and a hello delivered in person!

and it wouldn't hurt to make your way down this list too - http://rightwingnews.com/special/the...sites-of-2014/
    America deserves better presidential debates in 2024, and we're making it happen ourselves at Free and Equal Elections Foundation!

https://freeandequal.org/

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaPolitico View Post
    If we sent out press releases within the week, do we have a "Ron Paul Forums" email address that we could use?
    Yes, basically could use anything with @ronpaulforums.com, like staff (in use now) or "media".

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand's officially running with an April 7th Moneybomb.

Rand Paul

1 hr ·

Big news is coming next Tuesday. Help me send a message the Washington machine can’t ignore.
    SHARE if you will stand with me on April 7th!

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Hm. Well, that's interesting news. Thanks, WT.

Well we can't have an April 7th Moneybomb and then a week later an April 15 Moneybomb. Well, I guess it will be on April 7th then.

Rand Paul's Presidential Committee just showed the grassroots who the boss is.
    Rand Paul for Peace

MONEY BOMB EVERYDAY

04/07
    AND
    04/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

The Cruz people made a big deal about a million dollars in a day. I guess Rand wants to crush that.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    We now know a lot more about the situation then we did back in mid-February when we got this ball rolling. Then, there was only a possible hint that 4/7 would be the announcement based on some speculation so the 4/15 date was good since it added some buffer time for the campaign to launch. Now, it's pretty clear the date is locked. I've been thinking about moving the sites support to the 4/7 date for a little while now and had started to talk with some others about moving it. With this move by Rand's campaign it makes it a near slam dunk to move it.

As always, input from everyone is good.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    The Cruz people made a big deal about a million dollars in a day. I guess Rand wants to crush that.
    I heard on talk radio the day after his announcement that it was $500K, that was part of the thinking in moving our support.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I heard on talk radio the day after his announcement that it was $500K, that was part of the thinking in moving our support.
    While initial media reports detailed Cruz raising $500,000 on the first day, the candidate actually reached the $1 million marker near 2:30 A.M. Tuesday, just past the first crucial 24 hours since the campaign's launch on Twitter midnight Monday.
    http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/run...-quick-million
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The main facebook event needs to be changed as well. I believe that was started by Gage?

So did the money bomb date officially change to April 7th?

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    So did the money bomb date officially change to April 7th?
    The only thing that is official is what you want to make official. (That's the pro-liberty way. ) Otherwise, Rand's campaign came out with an April 7th moneybomb since they know he is going to announce then. I'm game to have the site support (banner, etc) go with the new date but I am also interested to hear what others have to say about this before jumping to things.

Others, please sound off. I already have a new banner waiting in the wings...

I believe we should switch to the 7th. We will have the enthusiasm of the announcement and the official campaign's efforts on our side.

(Who has access to the large facebook event?)

and Taxday push
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

I think you should move it Bryan. it doesn't make sense to have two competing dates and it looks like the campaign has chosen th 7th

I think we have a pretty clear consensus. The "Tax Day" theme never seemed to take off that well anyways.

There's no advantage in having dueling moneybombs.

I say move it.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast