Thread: Nobel Peace Prize Chairman DEMOTED due to Obama's 2009 Award

Nobel Peace Prize Chairman DEMOTED due to Obama's 2009 Award

In "Unprecedented Move" Nobel Peace Prize Chairman Demoted For Decision To Give Obama 2009 Award
    (Thread title paraphrased due to length)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...ama-2009-award

Back in 2009, just months after his swearing in, president Barack Obama was crowned with an unexpected glory: he won the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 due to "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples." Back then there was little indication that just a few years after his crowning achievement of "ending the war" in and returning US troops from Iraq, he would send US troops right back in Iraq for the 3rd US invasion of the country in three decades, but also send out US troops across the globe, and launch the second cold war, pushing the world to the brink of another "large scale war." Those who wish to read Obama's teleprompted and ghostwritten acceptance "speech can do so here.

At the time the White House, and the fawning media, was delighted by this crowning, if premature, achievement of the progressive president.

Which is why don't expect much coverage of the inevitable aftermath: earlier today, in what France24 dubbed an "in an unprecedented move", the controversial head of Norway's Nobel Peace Prize committee was removed Tuesday and demoted to the rank of mere member.

(Continues on Link)

Now, how do we revoke the rest of this psychopaths powers?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    SMILE!!!!

You must spread some rep around before...

Can someone cover me?

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    SMILE!!!!

You must spread some rep around before...

Can someone cover me?

-t
    Done. Question? Was this Nobel chairman the same idiot that gave the peace prize to Al Gore for fearmongering about AGW?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Good..now rescind the medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    You can't take things from black people. Thats stealing.

It's going to take more than that to convince me they're not just a tool for the elite. Interesting stuff, though.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

It also says that China broke off diplomatic relations with Norway after a jailed political prisoner won the award in that country. Of course the committee denies *that* had anything to do with the decision. http://abcnews.go.com/International/...irman-29354346

Now that troubles me as much as Obama winning the award in the first place.

Nobel peace prize? What's that?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems it is more about China than Obama.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...r-history.html

The organisation said former Norwegian Prime Minister Thorbjoern Jagland, 64, would remain as a committee member, but gave no reason for its decision to demote him.

However the renowned diplomat had drawn sharp criticism for awarding the Nobel to Liu Xiaobo, the jailed Chinese dissident, in 2010.
    Kaci Kullmann Five, a former leader of Norway's ruling Conservative Party, will take over as chairman.

Ms Five, who has been on the committee since 2003, denied any concession to Beijing, saying: "I wholeheartedly supported the award to Liu Xiaobo."

Four years on, Nobel Prize winner Liu Xiaobo still unable to collect prize from Chinese prison 10 Oct 2014

She said: "The committee chooses a leader every year. This year is a new committee. Jagland has been a good leader for six years."

However Asle Sveen, a historian and Nobel expert, said China might interpret Mr Jagland's removal as a semi-apology for the prize to Mr Liu.
    "For Beijing, the change of committee chair can be interpreted as a sign that its pressure is paying off," said Mr Sveen.

"This can be interpreted as an attempt by the rightist government [of Norway] to exert more political control over the committee than has been customary."

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    That's the only way in which they can retain any credibility whatsoever.

Since there is no evidence to suggest the demotion was based on them realizing their stupidity by giving him a Nobel Prize, there really isn't anything to see here.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    Since there is no evidence to suggest the demotion was based on them realizing their stupidity by giving him a Nobel Prize, there really isn't anything to see here.
    Actually there is, form the AP article quoted and linked in OP's article:

"Jagland will remain a member of the voting panel but was a contentious leader, attracting criticism for his dual role as committee chairman and head of the European Council when the prize was awarded to the European Union in 2012. His leadership also was clouded by the decision to give the prize to Barack Obama in 2009 after he had just been elected president, and the 2010 prize to the jailed dissident Liu Xiabo drew fury from China."

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    Actually there is, form the AP article quoted and linked in OP's article:

"Jagland will remain a member of the voting panel but was a contentious leader, attracting criticism for his dual role as committee chairman and head of the European Council when the prize was awarded to the European Union in 2012. His leadership also was clouded by the decision to give the prize to Barack Obama in 2009 after he had just been elected president, and the 2010 prize to the jailed dissident Liu Xiabo drew fury from China."

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    You can't take things from black people. Thats stealing.
    Remember, no such thing as Reverse Racism...

But if his Peace Prize was ever revoked, I wouldnt think it could have happened to a better spoken Warmonger.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Nobel peace prize? What's that?

Cool song....except the idiot who wrote it thought dubya deserved a peace prize for "liberating" Iraq.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Was he required to return his bribe money?

This guy's Nobel could be next? Not an overt supporter of terrorism and ethnic cleansing but he is used as a tool to justify murdering little children of occupied Palestinians in open air prison camp.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 at 06:39 PM PDT

An Open Letter to Elie Wiesel - Have You No Shame, Sir?
    by marckagan

London Times refuses to run Elie Wiesel ad denouncing Hamas' human shields
    The ad, which specifically refers to children, has run in The New York Times, Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal, among other U.S. newspapers.
    By JTA | Aug. 6, 2014 | 1:05 AM | 17

Nobel Laureate Elie Wiesel speaking to reporters outside the White House in Washington, May 4, 2010. Photo by Reuters

The London Times refused to run an ad featuring Nobel Prize winner Elie Wiesel speaking out against Hamas’ use of children as human shields.
    The ad sponsored by The Values Network, which was founded by Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, has run in The New York Times, Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal, among other U.S. newspapers. The refusal was first reported by the New York Observer.
    The London Times refused the ad because “the opinion being expressed is too strong and too forcefully made and will cause concern amongst a significant number of Times readers,” according to a statement from a representative of the newspaper, the Observer reported.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/world/1.609096

Give it to Putin for stopping Syria's intervention now this would really turn the NeoCon heads off.

what about the guy who gave Al Gore a prize?
    pcosmar's lie : There are more votes than registered Voters..

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    what about the guy who gave Al Gore a prize?
    Someday you are going to show signs of having read a thread before you posted in it.

And then we'll know your boss fired you and hired someone to take over the account.

No, I don't want to hijack this interesting thread with a detailed discussion of your ability to echo post number three as though you were having an original thought. Thank you all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Someday you are going to show signs of having read a thread before you posted in it.
    No, I don't. And you're not obligated to give me any attention.

And then we'll know your boss fired you and hired someone to take over the account.
    You'll be imagining I have a boss.

No, I don't want to hijack this interesting thread with a detailed discussion of your ability to echo post number three as though you were having an original thought. Thank you all the same.
    I didn't say I had an original thought, am I allowed to post something somebody already asked?
    pcosmar's lie : There are more votes than registered Voters..

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Cool song....except the idiot who wrote it thought dubya deserved a peace prize for "liberating" Iraq.
    You deserve a peace prize for pointing this out. Obama isnt too far from dubya - why not give them both a prize?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

The unstated reason in Norway is that Jagland was demoted after a series of poor decisions, of which the Obama prize was one, but the Liu Xiabo was by far the most important. The Obama prize was merely stupid, the Xiabo actually damaged Norwegian interests. He would probably have been removed years ago, except China was applying pressure to make that happen, and Norway doesn't like being pressured.

The Liu Xiabo prize alone would probably not have done it though. It is accepted that the Nobel prize can be awarded to contrary to the interests of big powers. If that had been his only misstep, he could have come across a brave and defiant. But together with decisions like the Obama prize, it made him look like a loose cannon rather than a courageous leader.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

In some ways the Liu Xiabo award was stranger than the Obama one.

Liu strongly supported Bush's decision to invade Iraq in 2003. Whatever else one can say about Obama, at least he didn't do that.
    "Statesmen may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand." - John Adams

"He is the best friend to American liberty, who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion, and who sets himself with the greatest firmness to bear down on profanity and immorality of every kind." - John Witherspoon

Why I stand with Rand

Even conservative hawks at newsmax are starting to turn on ddgbag.

Obama Fails to End Old Wars, Creates New Adversaries

Friday, 24 Apr 2015 10:17 AM
    By Jennifer G. Hickey

Thursday's revelations by the Obama administration that two hostages had been accidentally killed in a drone attack in Pakistan served as a stark reminder that despite his pledge to end the wars Iraq and Afghanistan, America finds itself more, not less, involved in global conflicts.

"The U.S. takes regular lethal action in at least five countries. U.S. troops are deployed in three conflict zones. And America is directly involved in a pair of Arab civil wars," writes Michael Crowley in Politico.

Libs had already left him.

Ralph Nader: Obama Bigger War Criminal Than Bush