Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carson just declared running

Carson just declared running

Yesterday, I filed with the Federal Election Commission the necessary paperwork to formally consider a run for President of the United States in 2016.

Let me tell you why I’m taking this step today, and how you can help.

For many years, I have traveled the country closely studying our politics. I believe we are on the verge of robbing our children of the American Dream.

We are racking up a virtually insurmountable debt, stifling our economic potential and placing our children’s future at risk.

At home and abroad, we are silencing honest debate about our challenges, our differences and our culture, all in the name of political correctness.

We are ceding more and more power to Washington bureaucrats at the expense of our personal liberty, ignoring the wisdom of our founders who risked their lives to form “a more perfect union.”

Too many of our children are trapped in failing schools and find themselves thrust into a deadly cycle of crime, dependence and despair.

Over the course of thousands of operations as the head of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital, I have spent most of my adult life caring for very ill children. As co-founder of the non-profit Carson Scholars Fund, my wife Candy and I have spent years helping children find their own inspiration to reach their full, God-given potential.

In many ways, that is the duty of my generation – to do everything in our power to give the next generation the opportunity to achieve greatness.

I believe that with hard work and determined leadership, greatness is within our grasp. America was founded on the self-evident truth that we as a nation have the right to think big and pursue happiness.

It is this core principle that allowed me, a young boy, raised in Detroit by a single, illiterate but determined mother, to overcome poverty, bad grades, and low self-esteem to become one of the world’s leading physicians.

I’ve decided to explore a potential run for the office of President because I believe my values, life experience, and willingness to speak the truth and seek solutions, prepares me well to lead our nation toward more prosperity, security, and freedom for every American.

As I travel around the country to listen, learn and determine whether or not this is a race I can win, your financial support during the next two months will be extremely helpful.

To make a secure contribution to my exploratory committee now, please go here.

I look forward to working with you, and the rest of our fellow citizens to restore the promise of America.

Thank you, and God Bless America.

Sincerely,

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good for him. I hope his supporters will still consider Rand as a second choice.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

I was hoping it was for Senate.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    I was hoping it was for Senate.
    So was I...

Ben Carson: No One Has Right to Refuse Mandatory Vaccinations

Retired pediatric neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson, a possible Republican presidential candidate, is weighing in on the contentious issue of mandatory vaccinations – asserting people shouldn't be allowed to refuse shots on religious or philosophical grounds.

"Although I strongly believe in individual rights and the rights of parents to raise their children as they see fit, I also recognize that public health and public safety are extremely important in our society, Carson said in a statement released to The Hill and BuzzFeed News.

"Certain communicable diseases have been largely eradicated by immunization policies in this country and we should not allow those diseases to return by foregoing safe immunization programs, for philosophical, religious, or other reasons when we have the means to eradicate them."

[...]

Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul, however, declared the decision whether to vaccinate one’s child is a matter of personal liberty, saying most shots should be voluntary.

"The state doesn't own your children," Paul said in an interview with CNBC's "Closing Bell." "Parents own the children, and it is an issue of freedom and public health."

Paul also said he’s heard of cases where children were left with "profound mental disorders" after being vaccinated.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ben.../02/id/622273/
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

Time to create our secret bencarsonforums.com like we did for santorum

i wish someone would create a jebbushforums or the like we had for fred thompson back in 08 those were the days. That forum was freaking hilarious with all the alt identities and over the top statements so much fun was had, even if it wasn't constructive to a win, still good times had by all.

http://web.archive.org/web/200712312...psonforum.com/

edit:
    LOL it took this guy less than a month to realize the forum was fake? Should have taken him all but 5 seconds.
    http://archive.wired.com/politics/on...1/spoof_forums

A poster named "Chuck Manson," for example, expressed confidence that a Thompson White House would deploy improvised explosive devices in Iraq. "We've got bigger and better (IEDs), and we need to start using 'em! We will not be defeated! We will rule the Middle East!"
    Last edited by orenbus; 03-03-2015 at 04:05 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

There was an interview with Carson after CPAC where he talked about the Muslim threat, and that the threat is not just the ISIS Sunnis that are a threat, it's also the Shiites, especially the Iranians. Sounds like Ben has been converted. He is now a neocon on foreign policy.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 03-04-2015 at 03:27 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    There was an interview with Carson after CPAC where he talked about the Muslim threat, and that the threat is not just the ISIS Shiites that are a threat, it's also the Sunnis, especially the Iranians. Sounds like Ben has been converted. He is now a neocon on foreign policy.
    Yeah, it's amazing how the neocons got to him already. Before he started running for President he was even more anti war than Rand, opposing even going into Afghanistan after 9/11. Now that he's running for President he knows that he has to cater to a Republican Party that's becoming more and more hawkish all the time.

Carson will compete with Huckabee and Santorum over evangelicals. Three-way split will help Rand.

Carson should run for the open senate seat in MD, and get some experience.

What a waste of time and money. He has no political experience at all and is running for potus?

We will become the tent, all right. The Big Top Circus Tent!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Yeah, it's amazing how the neocons got to him already. Before he started running for President he was even more anti war than Rand, opposing even going into Afghanistan after 9/11. Now that he's running for President he knows that he has to cater to a Republican Party that's becoming more and more hawkish all the time.
    proves he didnt have his own principles at all and never thought about the issues of foreign policy near enough.. I do not like this guy as he is not nearly as thoughtful as rand is when it comes to political philosophy and policy.. Rand has strong and established principles on every single issue because he is a principled person who cares about each issue.. this guy seems like he "likes" liberty but thats about it.. and what that means is he can be persuaded to believe almost anything if the argument sounds "good"
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

ISIS are Sunni Muslims, so does this make Carson an idiot? Or is this the new narrative?

Wow, took me a day to find this out. Seems like a poorly timed and promoted announcement.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    ISIS are Sunni Muslims, so does this make Carson an idiot? Or is this the new narrative?
    Probably a mistake on my part. Changed my post. Wish someone had a tube of it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The doctor is in.

Herman Cain all over again. But marginally better.

Apparently he has no understanding of how prison works. Or the constitution. This is comedy gold though.

Last edited by tommyrp12; 03-04-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Ben Carson is just a sideshow. He's a terrible candidate.

Didn't take long for him to be smeared with "prison sex" comments. Not a good start of his campaign...

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    proves he didnt have his own principles at all and never thought about the issues of foreign policy near enough.. I do not like this guy as he is not nearly as thoughtful as rand is when it comes to political philosophy and policy.. Rand has strong and established principles on every single issue because he is a principled person who cares about each issue.. this guy seems like he "likes" liberty but thats about it.. and what that means is he can be persuaded to believe almost anything if the argument sounds "good"
    Bingo, color me unimpressed...

I just watched that video......he's dead on arrival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottditzen View Post
    Ben Carson is just a sideshow. He's a terrible candidate.
    Terrible candidate. Great ally.

I'm hoping his reputation survives this run.

Even more than that, I hope we are wise enough to not participate in the besmirching. If he is no threat, then there's no need to pile on and ostracize his supporters. I like him. I think he can be extremely useful to the liberty movement and to hold the government accountable to the Constitution. I just think there's another role for him.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    There was an interview with Carson after CPAC where he talked about the Muslim threat, and that the threat is not just the ISIS Sunnis that are a threat, it's also the Shiites, especially the Iranians. Sounds like Ben has been converted. He is now a neocon on foreign policy.
    Couldn't find the actual interview, but he referenced the same thing in his CPAC speech.

At 8:00 - "...the other thing that threatens to destroy us, radical Islamic terrorists... and let's not get distracted by just ISIS, we need to recognize that the Shia in Iran are every bit as dangerous, perhaps even more dangerous..."

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Terrible candidate. Great ally.

I'm hoping his reputation survives this run.

Even more than that, I hope we are wise enough to not participate in the besmirching. If he is no threat, then there's no need to pile on and ostracize his supporters. I like him. I think he can be extremely useful to the liberty movement and to hold the government accountable to the Constitution. I just think there's another role for him.
    Definitely agree. A lot of Ben supporters have positive impressions of Rand (although they probably also like Cruz/Huckabee/Santorum moreso)
    Benton/Collins 2016

Completely unelectable. I like that he will dilute the pool of candidates.
    Last edited by LawnWake; 03-05-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Ben Carson is a media created candidate. No one would know who the fk he is if it weren't for the media constantly hyping him.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Ben Carson is a media created candidate. No one would know who the fk he is if it weren't for the media constantly hyping him.
    Not even remotely true. This myth only exists in your own ill-informed mind.

Carson is a world-renowned physician and author. He was famous way before he dipped his toe into politics! I don't think he's Presidential material, but he is definitely not a media creation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast