Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone watching C-SPAN?

Is anyone watching C-SPAN?

The police state nightmare is going down!

THey just shut down the reading of how badly they are going to screw us!

NO's have it? WOW!

Yeahs and No's? SRSLY????

This vote will change this country!

15 min Vote...

This is important!

The end of your life important!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what is it? i don't have cspan.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

The "Homeland Security"(sic) bill is a genocide and police state bill.

VOMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    what is it? i don't have cspan.
    c-span.org - they stream

It's all about the gvmt going after the general public.

Kinda like the patriot act - but worse!

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    c-span.org - they stream
    yea but it requires a basic cable login, i don't have one.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

They shut the clerk down!
    They did not want the public to know what was in this bill.

It is Horrible for us!

$#@! DHS!

"When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It is Horrible for us!

$#@! DHS!
    Yea, but....Bibi and .... "holocaust".....
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Looks right, but it takes C-SPAN a while to get stuff up and it's a bit in...

-t

It is Horrible for us!

$#@! DHS!
    Can't you go look at the Congressional website to see the text of the bill?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Can't you go look at the Congressional website to see the text of the bill?
    Which one?

And they change the text often ...

This is live - the crap they surprise dropped on Congress 5 min ago, but usually just after midnight when they want to pull this crap or burried in thousands of pag3es of BS!

Which one?

And they change the text often ...

This is live - the crap they surprise dropped on Congress 5 min ago, but usually just after midnight when they want to pull this crap or burried in thousands of pag3es of BS!
    Isn't there usually text of proposed amended bills?

Looks right, but it takes C-SPAN a while to get stuff up and it's a bit in...

-t
    You can click on the "view from the start" (upper left of video) and then 41:30 into the timeline.

Looks like it's only updated through yesterday's proposals but I don't have time to check all of them https://www.congress.gov/legislation...ss%22%3A114%7D

Assuming you are referring to an amendment to the original bill

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Isn't there usually text of proposed amended bills?
    Often not if they want to pull the wool over our eyes.

Creepy criminal thugs are who you are dealing with here.

Often not if they want to pull the wool over our eyes.

Creepy criminal thugs are who you are dealing with here.
    -t ?

Dang, you are upset.

(edit: me too)

WOW! they just floored it! I'm amazed!

Now they immediately are working to shove it down out throats!

Can't really understand when there are no specifics.

Thomas Massie requested the reading (opposed the dispensing of the reading) but then after a long bit of it was read, he withdrew his opposition to dispensing the reading and asked that the senate amendment be tabled, it failed and then he called for recorded yay's and nay's.

It seems that the CSpan announcer things they are voting on tabling the amendment and it says that on the vote title, but it didn't sound like that's what went on, to me.

(edit: maybe Massie requesting the recorded vote was on the tabling of the amendment)
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 03-03-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Thomas Massie requested the reading (opposed the dispensing of the reading) but then after a long bit of it was read, he withdrew his opposition to dispensing the reading and asked that the senate amendment be tabled, it failed and then he called for recorded yay's and nay's.

It seems that the CSpan announcer things they are voting on tabling the amendment and it says that on the vote title, but it didn't sound like that's what went on, to me.

(edit: maybe Massie requesting the recorded vote was on the tabling of the amendment)
    If so, good move by Massie, it records those that didn't want to read it before passing it.

Ok so what is the issue? What about the bill or amendment is so inflammatory?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Ok so what is the issue? What about the bill or amendment is so inflammatory?
    This^ I would like to know what is going on as well.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just seems like a lot of talking about DHS funding, with Massie and his allies mostly doing the talking.

All i hear is the words unconstitutional being tossed around allot. This must be serious because they usually don't care.

Massie will get 20 mins!

http://www.c-span.org/video/?324609-...-spending&live

Dude from Idaho on now...

Damn Dude from Idaho trying to stop debate?

Massie trying to block a "pass it to see what's in it" and to allow debate concerning .... constitutional matters....what a deal.

Damn Dude from Idaho trying to stop debate?

Massie trying to block a "pass it to see what's in it"
    Massie didn't have any time left, anyway.

Think your civil rights. The Bill of Rights. Now think of the sound FLUSH!

That is what is going down!

-t

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast