Thread: White House: Obama is “very interested” in raising taxes by executive order

White House: Obama is “very interested” in raising taxes by executive order

Speaking to reporters on Monday, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest suggested that President Obama is considering raising taxes unilaterally. Townhall reports (emphasis added):

“The president certainly has not indicated any reticence in using his executive authority to try and advance an agenda that benefits middle class Americans,” Earnest said in response to a question about Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) calling on Obama to raise more than $100 billion in taxes through IRS executive action.

“Now I don’t want to leave you with the impression that there is some imminent announcement, there is not, at least that I know of,” Earnest continued. “But the president has asked his team to examine the array of executive authorities that are available to him to try to make progress on his goals. So I am not in a position to talk in any detail at this point, but the president is very interested in this avenue generally,” Earnest finished.
    Let’s just hope that the President is simply getting a little too into the third season of House of Cards and will slow down on the whole bypassing Congress thing once he finishes his binge watch.
    Read more at http://rare.us/story/white-house-oba...JF7BX0KrbaE.99

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know why anybody is upset over this.

We're regulated and taxed by fiat, by internal and foreign government edicts, every single day.

No one cares or gives a $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

We're regulated and taxed by fiat, by internal and foreign government edicts, every single day.

Having a dictator is so much more efficient.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Barry may have taught CONstitutional law, but does that mean that he has ever actually read it, for comprehension?

The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, self-appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of Tyranny.

- James Madison

Is that not the very essence of what we have today?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

What are you gonna do about it?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

First you take their bullets, then you raise their taxes. Amerkia

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Not pay any increases of course .Same as I have been doing .I do have to spend two hours a yr totaling everything up to ensure it is ": legal".

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is how Mitt Romney raised revenue when he was governor of Massachusetts. Don't raise the tax rates, because those are set by the legislature, but instead goose the enforcement and tighten the interpreting regs because those are under control of the executive. The result is the same - more money taken from the people and put into the hands of government. But it allows Mitt to claim that he balanced the budget without raising taxes. Obama has learned so much from Mitt.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, self-appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of Tyranny.

- James Madison

Is that not the very essence of what we have today?
    That Madison was just some deluded old white guy with no appreciation for the future needs of our collective society.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post

Is it time yet?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

The whitehouse wants to raise taxes, while tax payers should want to raze the whitehouse.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Barry may have taught CONstitutional law, but does that mean that he has ever actually read it, for comprehension?
    Sure. He comprehends full well how to get around it. The courts aren't going to do their jobs. They will it back and say "It's a political matter. Let congress handle it." The GOP is one step removed from worthless and even if they weren't they don't have a veto proof majority, or an impeachment capable majority, in the senate. If they tried to impeach Obama over an act like that they might rally the American people behind them and force Obama to back down. But..I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I hope he does it. It's about time we put an end to this charade. Call it what it is. Cancel any further elections. Let Boobus stew in what they have brought on us.