Thread: H&R Block Lobbied Heavily For Obamacare

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

H&R Block Lobbied Heavily For Obamacare

The ticks behind the tax ticks.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/24/hr...ntic-payday/3/

Ellis says the health law as written may serve as a “tipping point” to attract new customers to the H&R Block retail empire.

“You go from getting zero dollars from that person to $200 to $300 per person. With a couple of million people, you’re talking about real money,” he said.
    Last edited by AuH20; 03-03-2015 at 09:40 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Naturally they did- rent seeking to drive customers their way to be pillaged. I will never do business with them.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

And insurance companies are all over it as well.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

I switched from Turbotax after they watered down the services in Deluxe but now I feel guilty for giving H&R block a shot.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The ticks behind the tax ticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    Naturally they did- rent seeking to drive customers their way to be pillaged. I will never do business with them.
    Not sure about profiteering motive but there might be a social/political element also behind their decision:

H&R Block built a national brand by offering professional services for a mass market. Beginning in 1972 Henry Bloch appeared in television commercials, which also helped build H&R Block into a national firm. Soon there were 8,600 offices. By 1978 the company offices prepared more than one of every nine tax returns filed in the United States, and by the turn of the century it had over 100,000 associates at more than 12,000 offices around the world. Widely known as a businessman, civil leader, and avid supporter of the arts in Kansas City, Henry served on the boards of the American Jewish Committee and the Jewish Federation.

In 1978 Richard was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and was told he had three months to live. Refusing to accept this diagnosis, he underwent aggressive therapy for two years and was pronounced cured. He promised himself that if he survived he would devote his life to helping others fight cancer. By 1980 he was fulfilling his commitment; in 1982 he sold his interest in H&R Block. Richard and his wife founded the Cancer Hotline in 1980. It educates and provides information to thousands of newly diagnosed cancer patients and their families. They also founded the R.A. Bloch Cancer Management Center and the R.A. Bloch Cancer Support Center at the University of Missouri in Kansas City. Richard Bloch and his wife, Annette, wrote three books about fighting cancer. Their cancer foundation oversees annual rallies each year on the first Sunday in June to raise awareness that death and cancer are not synonymous. At the first rally, in 1990, they dedicated a park to Americans who have been diagnosed with cancer. Since then the Blochs have completed 19 additional cancer survivor parks. Richard Bloch also served a six-year term on the National Cancer Advisory Board.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...3_0_03134.html

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am working for the second largest tax preparer this year. I had to take some continuing education modules this year, including one on Obamacare. It was a video presentation, and I wish I could record it and play it for you. It was basically 5 minutes on how to calculate the penalty, 5 minutes on how to apply for an exemption, and 20 minutes of brainwashing people into understanding how Dear Leader's program is the most important thing to happen to America since electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I am working for the second largest tax preparer this year. I had to take some continuing education modules this year, including one on Obamacare. It was a video presentation, and I wish I could record it and play it for you. It was basically 5 minutes on how to calculate the penalty, 5 minutes on how to apply for an exemption, and 20 minutes of brainwashing people into understanding how Dear Leader's program is the most important thing to happen to America since electricity.
    I like electricity better.They can keep that other $#@! .

Hooray for an entire industry that wouldn't exist in a free market. Of course they love higher taxes and more complicated taxes. Win-Win-(we lose)

I love the feeling I get when I tell these folks I wont participate in their health INSURANCE scam.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."