Thread: Dual session of Congress at 11am EST Dozens are boycotting it.

Dual session of Congress at 11am EST Dozens are boycotting it.

It will be broadcast on C-SPAN.
    Prime Minister Netanyahu is objecting to our deal with Iran about their nuclear program. This sounds like he's trying to drag us into a war with Iran
    There is also that bit about our stopping Israels attack on Iran's nuclear facilities by threatening to shoot down their fighters a few years ago, and now we are flip flopping on that and selling them the only 5th gen fighters in the area.

Now how many nukes does Israel have again?

Oh, and the guy is up for re-election in a few weeks too.

These are the Congress Critters BOYCOTTING Netanyahu's speech to both houses of Congress.

Note only 37 names. C-SPAN's count is at least 60 not going.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	congress-speech3215.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	3865

Israel First!, Israel First!, Israel First!

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 03-03-2015 at 09:41 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Note that Warren is NOT attending, but Rand looks like he is. That's likely to effect polling and large campaign contributions.

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Note that Warren is NOT attending, but Rand looks like he is. That's likely to effect polling and large campaign contributions.

-t
    Rand shares staff with Bibi, so it makes sense that Rand attend.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This is like the State of the Union speech or a Presidential address. Maybe we should schedule this regularly.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It's on...

Our local radio station was propogandaing that Benjamin was going to give a very detailed briefing on Iran's nuclear capabilities and how we must bomb them before they wipe Israel off the earth. I thought of this:

Boerner just handed him something when his back was to the camera's, he concealed it, glanced down at whatever it was and pocked it.

hmmm...

This is pretty surreal.

Boehner introduced Bibi as "His Excellency".

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We must all stand together to stop Irans ...

<standing ovation>

We are soooo screwed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Boehner introduced Bibi as "His Excellency".
    You have got to be kidding me. Any kneeling or ring kissing?

Will Hassan Rouhani be on next?

I had to post this. I literally feel sick to my stomach reading these tweets about the great Netanyahu: https://twitter.com/hashtag/NetanyahuSpeech?src=tren

When will people ever wake up and and see the TRUTH?? The wars will go on forever and millions upon millions will continue to die because of the blind support of Israel and their control over our country.
    Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

The cameras strangely keep focusing on the group of stand-clappers, but never seem to show all the sitting-nonclappers. Hmmmm.

Fact-checking claims about Iran
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ms-about-iran/

At the forefront of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s visit to Congress is the fact that Netanyahu and President Barack Obama don’t see eye-to-eye on Iran.

House Speaker John Boehner invited Netanyahu earlier this year, angering the White House and many others. The White House holds that Boehner broke with protocol -- dealing with foreign leaders is the executive branch’s job -- and that has further damaged the relationship between Israel and the United States. The invitation was also seen as a political move, because Netanyahu is up for re-election this year, and the House floor is a sizeable pulpit.

Netanyahu -- like many Republicans -- is skeptical that an eventual deal will Iran over its nuclear capabilities will be strong enough to deter weapon development. The United States’ most recent round of negotiations with Iran over their nuclear program began in November 2013.

Obama has defended the negotiations in interviews as productive.

"Over the last year and a half, since we began negotiations with them, that's probably the first year and a half in which Iran has not advanced its nuclear program in the last decade," Obama said in a December 2014 conversation with CNN’s Candy Crowley.

Obama’s comments were largely accurate, according to experts. The agreement signed in November 2013 has made it harder for Iran to produce weapons-grade nuclear material, we found. International observers report that Iran complied with the terms of the temporary agreement. The amount of enriched uranium is less, and the country’s facilities to produce weapons-grade material has been curtailed.

But that does not mean the country has completely stopped all activities that could produce nuclear weapons material in the future, experts told us. There is also concern about broader aspects of a nuclear weapons program, such as weapons design and missile development. We rated Obama’s claim Mostly True.

About a week later, Stephen Hayes of the conservative Weekly Standard magazine, said nearly the opposite -- that "We've caught Iran cheating on the interim (nuclear) deal."

Actually, we haven’t caught Iran cheating. The International Atomic Energy Agency has reported no violations with the Joint Plan of Action.

That said, Iran has worked with a new kind of centrifuge that, while not a formal violation, contradicts the United States’ understanding of the deal. When confronted about it, Iran stopped its work. Also, there is some question about whether Iran is violating the agreement by exporting too much oil. That’s another murky issue; the rules on oil exports aren’t public. Overall, we rated Hayes’ claim Mostly False.

The five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council — China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States — along with Germany, hope to strike a permanent deal with Iran by June 2015.

In the deal currently underway, there exists an odd paradox: Negotiators want to limit the number of centrifuges Iran can have -- but under these limitations, the country would have enough centrifuges needed for a weapon but too few for a nuclear power program.

Former CIA deputy director Michael Morell made the point on Charlie Rose in February. "If you are going to have a nuclear weapons program, 5,000 is pretty much the number you need," Morell said. "If you have a power program, you need a lot more. By limiting them to a small number of centrifuges, we are limiting them to the number you need for a weapon."

Experts agreed that Morrell has his facts right. A power plant requires tons of fuel each year. A bomb requires about 25 kilograms of U-235 enriched to the 90 percent level. If an agreement limits Iran to about 9,000 centrifuges, that would be sufficient to produce enough bomb-grade material but would leave Iran well short of the capacity to generate fuel to power nuclear power plants. We rated the claim True.

How long has the United States had a tough relationship with Iran? MSNBC's chief foreign affairs correspondent Andrea Mitchell said that Iran was "more or less an American ally" in 2002, until then-President George W. Bush listed it as a member of the Axis of Evil. This isn’t quite right.

While Iran provided critical assistance in the military defeat of the Taliban in Afghanistan and helped undermine al-Qaida, this cooperation did not reflect deeper ties. It was a moment when both countries sought similar goals in one country. With due regard for the ambiguity in Mitchell’s words, we rated the claim Half True.

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., has said Americans need to remember that Iran’s leaders have expressed animosity toward both Israel and the United States. "Iran's Supreme Leader (Ali) Khamenei, who will oversee implementation of this agreement, was calling Israel a 'rabid dog' and accusing the United States of war crimes," Rubio wrote in November 2013 press release. That’s right.

Based on expert translations, we confirmed that Khamenei referred to either Israel or the Israeli government as the animals of the Middle East. In the same speech, he criticized the United States, saying they "continue to commit crimes" in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq and Guantanamo Bay. We rated Rubio’s statement True.

Related rulings:

True
    The potential Iran nuclear agreement would limit Iran to the number of centrifuges needed for a weapon but too few for a nuclear power program.
    — Michael Morell, Wednesday, February 18th, 2015.
    Mostly False
    "We've caught Iran cheating on the interim (nuclear) deal."
    — Stephen Hayes, Sunday, December 28th, 2014.
    Mostly True
    Since the United States began negotiations with Iran, "that's probably the first year and a half in which Iran has not advanced its nuclear program in the last decade."
    — Barack Obama, Sunday, December 21st, 2014.
    Half-True
    In 2002, "Iran was more or less an American ally."
    — Andrea Mitchell, Tuesday, January 28th, 2014.
    True
    "Just days ago, Iran's Supreme Leader (Ali) Khamenei, who will oversee implementation of this agreement, was calling Israel a 'rabid dog' and accusing the United States of war crimes."
    — Marco Rubio, Saturday, November 23rd, 2013.

GOP Mantra: God blesses those who stand with Jewish race... but wait those GOP Christian evangelicals could be lying:

Schweich suicide: Missouri GOP chairman denies spreading rumors about Schweich’s religion

02/27/2015
    WaPo: "This week, Schweich seemed to be getting anxious about some comments he alleged Hancock made about his faith. He told the AP that he had heard rumors that Hancock made some comments last year that Schweich was Jewish and he thought Hancock should step down from his position as party chairman, to which he was just elected. Messenger, from the Post-Dispatch, said in his statement that Schweich told him he thought Hancock meant to “harm him politically in a gubernatorial primary in which many Republican voters are evangelical Christians.”

Related

U.S. official: 'Netanyahu spat in our face. There'll be a price.'

Susan Rice dared criticize Bibi & got Schmuley Boteach (Dermer affiliated, Adelson funded) to run an ad against her

https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/statu...79534095167488

Rice tweets: Israel, we’re mad as hell and not going to take it anymore

Mondoweiss
    In a hysterical ad in the New York Times, Rabbi Shmuley Boteach uses his friend Samantha Power, the UN ambassador, against Obama national security adviser Susan Rice, when he accuses Rice of condoning genocide against Jews

Rightwing rabbi seeks to pit Power against Rice on Iran ahead of AIPAC speeches

Haaretz.com @haaretzcom · 3h 3 hours ago

ADL: Attack ad on Susan Rice is perverse, incendiary
    http://dlvr.it/8n43B1

Publisher of the ‘Atlanta Jewish Times’ suggests Mossad should assassinate Obama

Adam Horowitz on January 20, 2012
    John Cook reports at Gawker:

Andrew Adler, the owner and publisher of the Atlanta Jewish Times, a weekly newspaper serving Atlanta’s Jewish community, devoted his January 13, 2012 column to the thorny problem of the U.S. and Israel’s diverging views on the threat posed by Iran. Basically Israel has three options, he wrote: Strike Hezbollah and Hamas, strike Iran, or “order a hit” on Barack Obama. Either way, problem solved!
    Here’s how Adler laid out “option three” in his list of scenarios facing Israeli president Benjamin Netanyahu (the column, which was forwarded to us by a tipster, isn’t online, but you can read a copy here):

Three, give the go-ahead for U.S.-based Mossad agents to take out a president deemed unfriendly to Israel in order for the current vice president to take his place, and forcefully dictate that the United States’ policy includes its helping the Jewish state obliterate its enemies.

Yes, you read “three” correctly. Order a hit on a president in order to preserve Israel’s existence. Think about it. If I have thought of this Tom Clancy-type scenario, don’t you think that this almost unfathomable idea has been discussed in Israel’s most inner circles?
    Another way of putting “three” in perspective goes something like this: How far would you go to save a nation comprised of seven million lives…Jews, Christians and Arabs alike?
    You have got to believe, like I do, that all options are on the table.

ADL Condemns 'Outrageous' Column By Atlanta Jewish Times PublisherNew York, NY, January 20, 2012 … The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today denounced as "outrageous and beyond the pale" an opinion column by the owner and publisher of the Atlanta Jewish Times, who suggested one of the options Israel should consider as it faces down the threat of a nuclear Iran is to assassinate the sitting president of the United States.
    http://www.adl.org/press-center/press-releases/extremism/adl-condemns-outrageous.html

Mondoweiss
    Yesterday at 7:19am ·
    Katie Miranda imagines the scene at Netanyahu’s speech to Congress next week.

The Emperor's Nuke Clothes

World powers demand Israel suspend work on Dimona reactor

'Nuclear leak' tweet by Israel Defense Force: Claims Twitter account hacked

N.Y. governor Cuomo: Israel's fight is our fight

Christie calls for 'forceful' defense of Israel, says Obama not 'decisive'

because "holocaust"
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ah, the Holocaust survivor trump card is played. Well done, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    The cameras strangely keep focusing on the group of stand-clappers, but never seem to show all the sitting-nonclappers. Hmmmm.
    Congress controls the cameras - not C-SPAN

No, Bibi, many in congress might willingly suck you...but not everyone in America does.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by libertygrl View Post
    I had to post this. I literally feel sick to my stomach reading these tweets about the great Netanyahu: https://twitter.com/hashtag/NetanyahuSpeech?src=tren

When will people ever wake up and and see the TRUTH?? The wars will go on forever and millions upon millions will continue to die because of the blind support of Israel and their control over our country.
    yep...follow the money.

Rand Paul's face just showed it all - "Oh, I think we just $#@!ed up". Yes you did Rand, yes you did.

"Encore! Encore!"

Is Bibi going to come back out and play some more?

New lapel pins - US and Israeli flags crossed.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I would have more respect for Netanyahu if he attacked Iran (and essentially Syria in the process) and dealt with the enormous consequences himself.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He said Israel can defend itself so.....
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    New lapel pins - US and Israeli flags crossed.

I'm liking the callers for the most part on C-SPAN.

Do not want to see Rand wearing one of those pins!

//
    Last edited by orenbus; 03-03-2015 at 11:17 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Don’t disrespect our president, black lawmakers tell Netanyahu

The audience for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s speech to Congress on March 3 is shaping up to be largely Republican — and almost completely white.

Many members of the Congressional Black Caucus say they’re planning to skip the speech, calling it a slight to President Barack Obama that they can’t and won’t support.

Israeli officials have been taken by surprise by the CBC backlash, kicked off by Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), a civil rights leader who said last week he won’t attend, quickly followed by Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-S.C.) and others. As a result, they’re working to set up a meeting for CBC members with Ambassador Ron Dermer — or even Netanyahu himself when he’s in Washington.

“To me, it is somewhat of an insult to the president of the United States,” said Rep. Greg Meeks (D-N.Y.), leaving the White House on Tuesday after a long meeting with Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, who also will miss the speech. “Barack Obama is my president. He’s the nation’s president, and it is clear, therefore, that I’m not going to be there, as a result of that, not as a result of the good people of Israel.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...us-115103.html

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ah, the Holocaust survivor trump card is played. Well done, well done.
    War criminals like him should not be allowed to use H-word but should be sitting behind bars facing ICC war crimes trials.

Or the ddg team.

US blasts ICC war crimes probe of Israel as 'tragic irony'

Obama: 'Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself'