Thread: Why Is This Man Still in Jail?

Why Is This Man Still in Jail?

For the "if they sign a confession and admit to guilt they should be executed with a bullet instead of wasting muh tax dollars rotting in jail" proponents....

Through the roach-rife lobby, where bold bugs nose the soles of your shoes and scores of black women sit stiff-backed for hours in scoop chairs shushing their toddlers; through the pat-down room, where the beetle-eyed guard rifles your groin and buttocks; through the metal detectors and slab-steel doors and second and third sets of guards, you enter a room in which young black men are slouched in seating pods, the sleeves of their orange jumpsuits rolled up tight. There, at the back, by the bolt-barred windows, waits the luckiest — and unluckiest — inmate here, a man so bedeviled by the state of Pennsylvania that he inspired famous lawyers in two different states to fight like Hessians for his release. A kid of 20 when the murder cops came and sucked him into this nightmare, he's older than you'd imagined him looking at 43, growing tufts of gray in his billy-goat scraggle and patchwork steel-wool hair. But, built like a boulder, he wraps you in a hug that loudly resets your spine. Here is your reward for the drive to Philadelphia and those hours dodging insects in the waiting room: Anthony Wright, whom this city tried its damnedest to destroy, is a man of patience and implacable peace. No police force on Earth could bend his will now.

We sit beneath a pillar, knee to knee. Small tears stand out on his lashes. He's waited 23 years to tell this story, and now that someone's listening, the words won't come, bunched up in that bank vault of a chest. "It's just, you fight and you fight, man. . . . I wrote 10 letters a day, seven days a week, to anyone I thought might give a damn — and then the day comes that I prayed and prayed on, and now I can't even get it out. . . . "

But who, with Wright's inventory of pain and sorrows, could describe the indescribable that befell him? How do you convey being a strapping young man with a job and a little boy and a lazy Sunday watching football when two cops barge into your life and drag you off to hell? Is there any way to summon a sense of what it was like in that box in the Police Administration Building, where, as you would later tell the court, they chained you to a chair, pressed their hands on your neck and threatened to skull$#@! you if you didn't sign a confession that you did not write to the rape and murder of a 77-year-old woman? No call to a lawyer or your terrified mother, no room to breathe in or gather your wits; just hour after hour in a hole with those men and their short-fuse insistence that you sign their paper.

And so you signed just to make it stop, to get out of that room and go anywhere else with the space and the silence to think. It didn't hit you until weeks later that you'd signed your life away; only the doubts of five jurors kept a needle out of your arm and spared you to write your daily stack of mail to strangers around the world. And then one of those letters hit the intake box at the Innocence Project office in New York, and the long, slow frog-march to justice began, a 17-year grind to clear your name and shuck the great stone off your back.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...#ixzz3TKx5LJIK
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Again, I'll give the thread one response anyways.

Happens every day in the land of the phree, to more people than we can even know.

$#@!ing heroes.

And it could happen at any time to any one of us.

U both are reported to Big Sis for Thoughtcrime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Again, I'll give the thread one response anyways.

Happens every day in the land of the phree, to more people than we can even know.

$#@!ing heroes.

And it could happen at any time to any one of us.
    Like Dominos, we fall one by one.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Like Dominos, we fall one by one.
    Unless, through exposure, through acknowledgement that police action is the will of the state, it's politics, we become of like minds and put and end to it....

dumb cops...

all they had to do was say he 'grabbed at my gun'..etc etc....would've saved a lot of paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    dumb cops...

all they had to do was say he 'grabbed at my gun'..etc etc....would've saved a lot of paperwork.
    "His reaction when I told him I was going to "pull his eyes out of their sockets and $#@! his skull" made me fear for my life."

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Unless, through exposure, through acknowledgement that police action is the will of the state, it's politics, we become of like minds and put and end to it....

Stop.

You're scaring away all the law and order conservatives and "good cops" that are going to vote for Rand.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-03-2015 at 06:48 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Stop.

You're scaring away all the law and order and "good cops" that are going to vote for Rand.
    Phil is clearly a Radical Who Must Be Stopped. Reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12