Thread: Georgia Poll Shows Scott Walker Leading Field, Rand Paul At 4 Percent

Georgia Poll Shows Scott Walker Leading Field, Rand Paul At 4 Percent

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker finished second in the straw poll at CPAC, but he’s the frontrunner in another individual state poll. VoterGravity.com gave Breitbart a preview of its weekly GOP Presidential “flash” poll.

The latest survey, conducted last week in Georgia, asked 6,745 “Super Primary” GOP voters to select a candidate. Walker came out on top, with 26 percent. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who skipped CPAC, was second at 22 percent, and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush was third at 17 percent.

“This continues a trend that we’ve been seeing in our previous polls in Ohio, North Carolina, and Iowa,” said Ned Ryun, founder and CEO of Voter Gravity. “Scott Walker has clearly established himself as a strong front runner.”

This poll includes only Americans who voted in the last four Georgia Republican primaries: 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2014. It’s unusual in that it involves such a large sample.

A surprise in the poll is the weakness of Sen. Rand Paul. The junior senator from Kentucky won at CPAC, but earned just four percent in the Voter Gravity Georgia poll. That puts him behind fourth place Dr. Ben Carson (11 percent) and “other” (nine percent).

“This is a poll of people who are 100 percent likely to vote in a primary for the GOP nominee,” Ryun explains. “So these Gravity ‘flash’ polls give a good snapshot of where the GOP race stands right now, less than a year from the Iowa caucuses.”

Voter Gravity plans to release a new tracking poll each week.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At least we'll get a good indication of whether Rand is going up or down since they'll be releasing a new tracking poll each week.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    The Real Clear Politics average has Rand Paul at 9.3% and I am positive that is much more accurate than this one poll.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tion-3823.html
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

This poll includes only Americans who voted in the last four Georgia Republican primaries: 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2014.
    I wonder what percent of voters in any given primary election have voted in the last four primaries. I can't imagine it's very high. I don't doubt the people that have are voting, I just doubt there are that many of them.

Ron had better or similar poll numbers at this time last campaign. I thought Rand was supposed to be more electable?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

39 pct between Bush and Huckabee? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Vitus View Post
    Ron had better or similar poll numbers at this time last campaign. I thought Rand was supposed to be more electable?
    You're right..... but Rand does have much better speaking skills. When the debates start and voters actually get to know these people I think Rand can draw in a lot more than Ron. Will have to wait and see though.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    You're right..... but Rand does have much better speaking skills. When the debates start and voters actually get to know these people I think Rand can draw in a lot more than Ron. Will have to wait and see though.
    Too bad he's going to get 3 mins of speaking time.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Vitus View Post
    He does have much higher favorability numbers among Republicans than Ron.

In Georgia? Yeah that seems about right. Rand is not going to do well in the southeast. That is a given.

Quote Originally Posted by mwkaufman View Post
    I wonder what percent of voters in any given primary election have voted in the last four primaries. I can't imagine it's very high. I don't doubt the people that have are voting, I just doubt there are that many of them.
    Well this automatically excludes anyone younger than myself (everyone in YAL), who was 18 in 2008. I still think YAL is going to play a major role in Rand's grassroots campaign and its going to catch a lot of people off guard. They've grown quite a bit since 2011-2012.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    THIS

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    In Georgia? Yeah that seems about right. Rand is not going to do well in the southeast. That is a given.
    as long as there is another candidate spewing off christian slogans, rand will never do well here. my family is proof. hitler could run for prez and get their vote, and all he would have to do is say jesus name, or talk about being saved. its quiet sickening when thats all it takes down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    . I still think YAL is going to play a major role in Rand's grassroots campaign and its going to catch a lot of people off guard. They've grown quite a bit since 2011-2012.
    we out here. #YALSoFlo
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Not that I trust any poll, particularly one released right after Rand wins CPAC again, but GA is never an influential primary state, so who cares? His polling would shoot up the moment he wins an earlier state due to the lemming mentality of the average voter.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Just wait, Collins will tell you all about how these are the only people who matter
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Really, none of the polls that I've seen lately have been good for Rand, except for in Iowa and New Hampshire. Fortunately, those are the first two states.

Lmao, who cares about Georgia? It comes after IA, NH, NV, ME, CO, MN. By that time, the primary will come down to just 2 or 3 main contenders and if Rand is one of them, he'll get way more than 4% in GA. Boom.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Lmao, who cares about Georgia? It comes after IA, NH, NV, ME, CO, MN. By that time, the primary will come down to just 2 or 3 main contenders and if Rand is one of them, he'll get way more than 4% in GA. Boom.
    It also comes after neighboring SC and NC in the 2016 cycle. GA really is an afterthought and their primary will be decided by the states going ahead of it.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Not surprised that the Pauls both died in the Warvengelical South.

It also includes nobody born after 1990 (26 in 2016).

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    Well this automatically excludes anyone younger than myself (everyone in YAL), who was 18 in 2008. I still think YAL is going to play a major role in Rand's grassroots campaign and its going to catch a lot of people off guard. They've grown quite a bit since 2011-2012.
    YAL is the only reason Rand won CPAC. We do a lot for Rand and the GOP