Thread: Six questions to share with everyone you know.

Six questions to share with everyone you know.

This may not be a surprise once you are through with the test!
    Six Questions

The following is incredible. Prepare for a shock at the answer and prepare yourself for the next election! Six trivia questions to see how much history you really know. Be honest, it's kind of fun and revealing. If you don't know the answer make your best guess. Answer all of the questions (no cheating) before looking at the answers.

And, no, the answers to these questions aren't all Barack Obama. Who said it?

1) "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."
    A. Karl Marx B. Adolph Hitler C. Joseph Stalin D. Barack Obama E. None of the above

2) "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few, and for the few...... And to replace it with shared responsibility, for shared prosperity."
    A. Lenin B. Mussolini C. Idi Amin
    D. Barack Obama E. None of the above

3) "(We).....can't just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people."
    A. Nikita Khrushev B. Joseph Goebbels
    C. Boris Yeltsin D. Barack Obama E. None of the above

4) "We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to give up a little bit of their own ... in order to create this common ground."
    A. Mao Tse Tung B. Hugo Chavez C. Kim Jong II D. Barack Obama E. None of the above

5) "I certainly think the free-market has failed."
    A. Karl Marx B. Lenin C. Molotov D. Barack Obama E. None of the above

6) "I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become the most profitable sector in (the) entire economy that they are being watched."
    A. Pinochet B. Milosevic C. Saddam Hussein D. Barack Obama E. None of the above

and the answers are ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(1) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/29/2004

(2) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 5/29/2007

(3) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(4) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(5 ) E None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(6). E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 9/2/2005

**** Want to know something scary? She may be the next president if you don't forward this to everyone that you know.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Links to sources of her speeches?

It just makes it that more legitimate and not just another one of those email spam chain letters, like "This Really happened".
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

I think your average proglodyte would look at all of those quotes, and with a totally straight face say: "What's wrong with that? I agree with all of them."

Those of us in the liberty movement and involved with the genuine right wing know how awful those quotations are, but those on the left are totally oblivious.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

The sentiments and concerns expressed are valid, but unfortunately, all of these quotes are out of context. Especially, number 4 where she really said, "a little bit of their own turf."

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/marxist.asp

If you plan on sharing that, you should also plan on getting called on it.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    This may not be a surprise once you are through with the test!
    Six Questions

The following is incredible. Prepare for a shock at the answer and prepare yourself for the next election! Six trivia questions to see how much history you really know. Be honest, it's kind of fun and revealing. If you don't know the answer make your best guess. Answer all of the questions (no cheating) before looking at the answers.

And, no, the answers to these questions aren't all Barack Obama. Who said it?

1) "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."
    A. Karl Marx B. Adolph Hitler C. Joseph Stalin D. Barack Obama E. None of the above

2) "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few, and for the few...... And to replace it with shared responsibility, for shared prosperity."
    A. Lenin B. Mussolini C. Idi Amin
    D. Barack Obama E. None of the above

3) "(We).....can't just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people."
    A. Nikita Khrushev B. Joseph Goebbels
    C. Boris Yeltsin D. Barack Obama E. None of the above

4) "We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to give up a little bit of their own ... in order to create this common ground."
    A. Mao Tse Tung B. Hugo Chavez C. Kim Jong II D. Barack Obama E. None of the above

5) "I certainly think the free-market has failed."
    A. Karl Marx B. Lenin C. Molotov D. Barack Obama E. None of the above

6) "I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become the most profitable sector in (the) entire economy that they are being watched."
    A. Pinochet B. Milosevic C. Saddam Hussein D. Barack Obama E. None of the above

and the answers are ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(1) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/29/2004

(2) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 5/29/2007

(3) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(4) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(5 ) E None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007

(6). E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 9/2/2005

**** Want to know something scary? She may be the next president if you don't forward this to everyone that you know.
    LOL. Dude you totally trolled me! Good job!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I think your average proglodyte would look at all of those quotes, and with a totally straight face say: "What's wrong with that? I agree with all of them."

Those of us in the liberty movement and involved with the genuine right wing know how awful those quotations are, but those on the left are totally oblivious.
    True. You have to get people to see themselves as the person being potentially taken from. I once explained communism to one of my sons this way. It's the idea that the government should take money and redistribute it so that everyone had the same. He said "What's wrong with that?" I pointed out that he lives in a pretty nice house with his brother and his mom and that a lot of people have a much smaller house. I asked if he would be willing to move to a smaller house so that everybody could be equal. He said "Okay. I see the problem."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    True. You have to get people to see themselves as the person being potentially taken from. I once explained communism to one of my sons this way. It's the idea that the government should take money and redistribute it so that everyone had the same. He said "What's wrong with that?" I pointed out that he lives in a pretty nice house with his brother and his mom and that a lot of people have a much smaller house. I asked if he would be willing to move to a smaller house so that everybody could be equal. He said "Okay. I see the problem."
    I see what you did there, but you have to be careful with that... If that same logic is applied to anyone at the lower rungs, they'll definitely take that deal.

The reality is that no matter how hard you worked, you could never get a bigger house. And since everyone knows this, how much motivation do they have to get things done? It's just taking that explanation another step further. (Then, you can get into who decides what kind of house you get, and what kind of work you do - and the disparity of how those "deciders" live.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Links to sources of her speeches?

It just makes it that more legitimate and not just another one of those email spam chain letters, like "This Really happened".

Edit: I saw where someone already quoted Snopes. Missed that in the earlier post.

I found found it on Snopes. I think Snopes is run by very, very liberal librarians (sort of redundant), so that perspective is often telling. It is also telling here. Snopes actually tries to gloss over the excerpts by talking about context. The funny thing is that the excerpts mostly look worse in their contexts.

By the way, Snopes is often good for verification. If Snopes is bashing it, then it's often liberty minded. If they're agreeing with it, then it's often lib.

Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 03-03-2015 at 12:41 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not worried about Hillary becoming president. And if I were, I wouldn't imagine that forwarding chain emails would be the thing to stop her.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    The sentiments and concerns expressed are valid, but unfortunately, all of these quotes are out of context. Especially, number 4 where she really said, "a little bit of their own turf."

If you plan on sharing that, you should also plan on getting called on it.
    Personally, I assumed that the context probably changed the quote somewhat. I think the more important thing is would the average progressive really have an issue with those quotes. Maybe some quibbling her and there, but I don't think they'd have much of a problem.

I don't think those quotes out of or in context should be called "Marxist"; it makes the right look ignorant to smear everything on the left as Marxian. I recall some GOP calling Paul Krugman a Marxist, which is silly since Keynesians obviously aren't Marx disciples. Social democrats tend to be cultural Marxists, but economically they do differ.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.