Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Living with Triskaidekaphobia

Apparently others here are also suffering from gullibility...
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Oh, sure "calm".

My brain sees "calm" and thinks 3-1-12-13. I would rather drink Drano.
    Yeah that's not going to work, this is much more effective:

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wizardwatson: I've been struggling with a mental disorder that makes me think there's like a conspiracy and stuff.

RonPaulForums: Probably you are fine but there IS a giant conspiracy by the government and evil people to make you think you are crazy and to get you addicted to drugs.

Wizardwatson: So my mental disorder is a conspiracy?

RonPaulForums: No, your mental disorder is imaginary but the conspiracy that makes you think you have a mental disorder is real and the conspiracy that your imaginary disorder thinks is real may or may not be real.

Wizardwatson: You're part of this aren't you....
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

NLP can reverse that EASY. Look for a good practitioner.
    What happens inside when you think of the number 13? do you make a big picture inside? Do you imagine a tragedy happening. Perhaps notice it on a screen in your mind and see yourself in the movie. Run the movie backwards in your mind a few times. Lasting change can be super easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Apparently others here are also suffering from gullibility...
    Gullibility is directly proportional to certainty.

How certain are you that I'm being facetious?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy View Post
    NLP can reverse that EASY. Look for a good practitioner.
    What happens inside when you think of the number 13? do you make a big picture inside? Do you imagine a tragedy happening. Perhaps notice it on a screen in your mind and see yourself in the movie. Run the movie backwards in your mind a few times. Lasting change can be super easy.
    I see a mirror. Not quite polished all the way but enough to know exactly what I'm looking at. Its significance is deep. It tells me absurd things about who I am.

But even revealing that much is frightening.

You see the problem with "mental disorders" is that they manifest in thoughts. These thoughts when communicated through words can wind up inside your head. The more systemic and immaculate the thought is the more contagious it is. The shocking nature of it will seem repulsive to most so revealing too much is not only a danger to those it spreads to but to me as well being a vessel for the offense.

This isn't to say I won't reveal. Obviously, I'm doing that. My stance is one of subtlety, caution, and yet curiosity about what others would see.

I do feel like my inhibitions for sharing things of this nature are diminishing but not sure if that's a good thing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Well, that's the question isn't it? Am I serious. Are you serious in asking whether I am. Even if everything I said was absolutely convincing you still can't know whether I'm just good at lying or not. Perhaps I'm even trying to manipulate you specifically. Or we all are.

Can of worms. All we can do is walk on and hope the Lord guides our steps.

To state plainly:

Yes, I actually have been clinically diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Yes, I actually have over the years rummaged through Hebrew and English numerology and I have experienced what is AT THE VERY LEAST a subconscious quality that makes me notice numeric and symbolic synchronicities and patterns DAILY that seem intimately connected with and reinforce an underlying pattern related to me specifically. Thinking "this might not mean anything" doesn't make it go away.

The parodical tone of the thread is partly because I'm not really "reaching out" as much as wanting a casual conversation. Partly because it allows the serious things to come into the conversation less abrasively. Partly because I don't take myself that serious most of the time and I don't want the reader to think I'm about to hang myself or something.

Ultimately I write on here to gauge reactions and learn. I really have no other agenda because I have no idea who any of you are or if what you say and write is actually coming from a real person so getting "you guys" to do or think something specifically would be meaningless since I don't know who or what it is I'm working on.

All I know is there is a website at www.ronpaulforums.com where myself and one or more entities are adding words to a structured document.

And divining who all of you are is pointless until I've got who I am figured out.

Wizardwatson: I've been struggling with a mental disorder that makes me think there's like a conspiracy and stuff.

RonPaulForums: Probably you are fine but there IS a giant conspiracy by the government and evil people to make you think you are crazy and to get you addicted to drugs.

Wizardwatson: So my mental disorder is a conspiracy?

RonPaulForums: No, your mental disorder is imaginary but the conspiracy that makes you think you have a mental disorder is real and the conspiracy that your imaginary disorder thinks is real may or may not be real.

Wizardwatson: You're part of this aren't you....
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't really plotting against you.

"Normal is the average insanity of the mass." -- R.D. Laing

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't really plotting against you.
    Well, if they are plotting against me I hope they are putting their heart into it. I know I am. I'd hate for the opposition to do little more than bore me.

You seem out of sorts today. One could almost construe your post as comforting.

Any good news?

"Normal is the average insanity of the mass." -- R.D. Laing
    A healthy mind is an unconditioned mind. Not a mind devoid of technique or intellect but a fluid mind that assesses a situation to determine the right tools instead of meeting every situation with a predefined toolset.

I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and good; but he fancies he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I, as I do not know anything, so I do not fancy I do. In this trifling particular, then, I appear to be wiser than he, because I do not fancy I know what I do not know. - Socrates (from Plato's "Apology")
    If we were to generalize we could say that the root error of incorrect thinking is not to adopt the above socratic stance of "not knowing". This corresponds to the "no mindedness" in Zen and Taoism and is a theme throughout the bible as well (e.g. Proverbs 3:5).

This isn't to say you should have no positions or principles, that would be impossible, but that you shouldn't lean on them or "stack" them. If you do need to stack them for whatever reason they should be relied upon even less. If you are not attached or personally vested in a belief or principle it becomes easier to adapt when it is challenged or destroyed and you will be more objective when deciding whether a certain belief is becoming more convincing on its own or on account of your own prejudice. It shouldn't be "I am right" or "I am wrong". It isn't about accepting or rejecting various beliefs but understanding what they are and why they are there. Not these are good and these are bad but more like a probability cloud of beliefs.

So in my mind, by these standards, I'm likely more sane than the vast majority of you readers.

But in the worldly view of insanity I'm likely off the charts.

Well, if they are plotting against me I hope they are putting their heart into it. I know I am. I'd hate for the opposition to do little more than bore me.

You seem out of sorts today. One could almost construe your post as comforting.

Any good news?

A healthy mind is an unconditioned mind. Not a mind devoid of technique or intellect but a fluid mind that assesses a situation to determine the right tools instead of meeting every situation with a predefined toolset.

If we were to generalize we could say that the root error of incorrect thinking is not to adopt the above socratic stance of "not knowing". This corresponds to the "no mindedness" in Zen and Taoism and is a theme throughout the bible as well (e.g. Proverbs 3:5).

This isn't to say you should have no positions or principles, that would be impossible, but that you shouldn't lean on them or "stack" them. If you do need to stack them for whatever reason they should be relied upon even less. If you are not attached or personally vested in a belief or principle it becomes easier to adapt when it is challenged or destroyed and you will be more objective when deciding whether a certain belief is becoming more convincing on its own or on account of your own prejudice. It shouldn't be "I am right" or "I am wrong". It isn't about accepting or rejecting various beliefs but understanding what they are and why they are there. Not these are good and these are bad but more like a probability cloud of beliefs.

So in my mind, by these standards, I'm likely more sane than the vast majority of you readers.

But in the worldly view of insanity I'm likely off the charts.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." -- Groucho Marx

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Have you seen The Number 23, is probably Jim Carry's best movie ever (still though it got poor ratings)? It could be therapeutic?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Have you seen The Number 23, is probably Jim Carry's best movie ever (still though it got poor ratings)? It could be therapeutic?
    Seen it.

And the twist was that not only was the mystery about him but he himself ultimately wrote the book.

That movie hits very close to home with respect to the family's reaction. My wife has been dealing with it for last 7 years.

She won't watch certain movies I like with me (she thinks movies are 'triggers'). Here's a few of them:

Fight Club
    Number 23
    The Fountain
    Adaptation
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (my favorite Jim Carry movie by the way)

.... pretty much she's weary of any mind-bender with spiritual overtones or a crisis of identity, which is pretty much exactly what I want to watch.

2015 factors are 5, 13, and 31. 13 and 31 are only both present as prime factors every 403 years.

May 31 is the 13th of Sivan this year in the Jewish calendar.

May 31st is the only day in 2015 where a 13 and a 31 coincide on the Jewish and Gregorian calendar.

The 13th of Sivan in 1313 BCE is when Moses came into the presence of God to receive the revelation of the Torah.

Find one (or several) you might think are worth checking out some more. I doubt that you are enjoying, "Living with ...."

Find one (or several) you might think are worth checking out some more. I doubt that you are enjoying, "Living with ...."
    I'm pointing out that there are approximately 13,000 results.

I'm pointing out that there are approximately 13,000 results.
    Ah, catching up now. DUH!

How big is the applicable approximate range, 10-16?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You know what else Sunday, May 31st is Ronin?

Trinity Sunday.

You know where trinity Sunday is said to be taught?

2 Corinthians 13

You know what else Sunday, May 31st is Ronin?

Trinity Sunday.

You know where trinity Sunday is said to be taught?

2 Corinthians 13
    It's Paul, you can just forget it, and let it go.

It's Paul, you can just forget it, and let it go.

Problem is it isn't Paul. Some of Paul is lies, some is not. The fact that it's Trinity Sunday could mean BAD THINGS on trinity Sunday.

Anyway. Just weird connections today for some reason. All started with me and a friends discussion about the movie "Unforgiven". First numerical "thing" I noticed was movie is 131 minutes long. Then after some other things came to realize Clint Eastwood's birthday is also Sunday the 31st (name has 13 letters, he'll be 85, 8 + 5 = 13, factors are 5 and 17. 5 + 1 + 7 = 13). He was born in California.

Major hollywood blockbuster releases for May 31st, trinity sunday weekend.

May 29 (Friday)
    Aloha
    San Andreas

Isaiah 13:13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

Of course I'm not saying anything is going to happen, but for some reason a lot of date and number correlations that I didn't have to try to hard to find kind of flowed together today.

Anyway, I don't have all weekend to play with it. It's my weekend with the kid.

God's will and all that.

Interesting the writer of Unforgiven wrote the movies "Blade runner" and "12 Monkeys" and...

...wait for it...

The Day after Trinity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After_Trinity

Well Wiz,, at least you admit to being irrational.
    Triskaidekaphobia is the extreme and irrational fear of the number 13.

Many irrational people do not.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Problem is it isn't Paul. Some of Paul is lies, some is not. The fact that it's Trinity Sunday could mean BAD THINGS on trinity Sunday.

Anyway. Just weird connections today for some reason. All started with me and a friends discussion about the movie "Unforgiven". First numerical "thing" I noticed was movie is 131 minutes long. Then after some other things came to realize Clint Eastwood's birthday is also Sunday the 31st (name has 13 letters, he'll be 85, 8 + 5 = 13, factors are 5 and 17. 5 + 1 + 7 = 13). He was born in California.

Major hollywood blockbuster releases for May 31st, trinity sunday weekend.

May 29 (Friday)
    Aloha
    San Andreas

Isaiah 13:13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

Of course I'm not saying anything is going to happen, but for some reason a lot of date and number correlations that I didn't have to try to hard to find kind of flowed together today.

Anyway, I don't have all weekend to play with it. It's my weekend with the kid.

God's will and all that.

So you're OK with 12 and 14?

Interesting the writer of Unforgiven wrote the movies "Blade runner" and "12 Monkeys" and...

...wait for it...

The Day after Trinity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After_Trinity
    Well at least it wasn't "13 Monkeys".

How about Trinity in the Matrix series?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12