Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living with Triskaidekaphobia

Living with Triskaidekaphobia

Fear of the number 13 is something I think goes largely unnoticed by the larger medical community. I've been living with it for many years now and with all the complications.

Probably it developed around age 13 around the same time as my dyslexia which led to me also fearing the number 31. To make matters worse the word Tri-skai-dek-aphobia puts the 3 first! So now I'm dyslexic and paranoid. Living in the US makes it even more stressful with its 13 stripes, its 13 colonies, its 13 feathers, its 13 branches and 13 stars.

2015 is particularly stressful as it's divisible by both 13 and 31, something that happens only once every 403 years!

This month is particularly stressful as well as it's sandwiched between back to back Friday the 13ths! Plus March begins with the 13th letter!

...and so on.

Here is a short list of symptoms that have resulted from my Triskaidekaphobia:

bipolar disorder
    nail biting
    umbilical hernia
    that thing where you can't pay attention
    gullibility
    pilonidal cysts
    cheese touch (this is the most noticeable symptom)
    halitosis
    cassandra complex

I'm interested in others thoughts and experiences on this often ignored topic whether from your own personal experience or from the experiences of others so that we can together learn coping mechanisms and lean on each others understanding.

Every minute we spend paying attention to this is one step closer to finding a cure.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think you need to go on disability and there should be a multi-million dollar government-sponsored study conducted to find a cure for this horrible disease. No one should have to live like this.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I think you need to go on disability and there should be a multi-million dollar government-sponsored study conducted to find a cure for this horrible disease. No one should have to live like this.
    The government refuses to talk to me. I can only assume they know. It's the only possible explanation.

They've known even before Apollo 13. They knew when they started the Federal Reserve in 1913. They've always known.

Even when they decided how many days in a week they knew. 7 you say! Ha! Not when you count the spaces.

More evidence.

Satellite that exploded today was the 13th one of it's type launched dubbed DMSP-F13.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...es-above-Earth

You know I'm going to keep replying to this thread until it gets to post 13, don't you?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Start taking "Calm."

HB mentioned this $#@!, it works.

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Vitali...dp/B00BPUY3W0#
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Hey babe I am going lay some lucky # 7 on ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Start taking "Calm."

HB mentioned this $#@!, it works.

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Vitali...dp/B00BPUY3W0#
    Oh, sure "calm".

My brain sees "calm" and thinks 3-1-12-13. I would rather drink Drano.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry to hear of your plight. Bump for awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Oh, sure "calm".

My brain sees "calm" and thinks 3-1-12-13. I would rather drink Drano.
    Well, if you are not an acrophobic, you can fly on any of my company's airplanes, no row 13.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Hey babe I am going lay some lucky # 7 on ya.
    Lucky #7? you do know that #6 is terrified of #7, right?. Why? well because 7 8 9. ( 7 ate 9 )

Actually 7 and 12 are my fav numbers...

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Lucky #7? you do know that #6 is terrified of #7, right?. Why? well because 7 8 9. ( 7 ate 9 )

Actually 7 and 12 are my fav numbers...

-t
    ..because 7, 8, 9 is a big fat lie created by the government to blind you to the truth.

6 is afraid of 7 because he knows it's bad business if they are together. They are the only adjacent integers that sum to 13.

winner winner chicken dinner!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Chester Copperpot

Ive always found Fridays the 13th to be good days.. good luck if anything

I think you need a hobby and a different obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    winner winner chicken dinner!
    You gonna share?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    I think you need a hobby and a different obsession.
    As I sit here babbling like the town drunk whilst my brain slowly melts like a Dali painting I can't help but be in 100% agreement.

I would love for my hobby and obsession to consist of something other than mentally circling an arbitrary point.

So please let me know when you or Some of the space monkeys here can cash that check.

Dude you need an ol' lady....

Your silly phobia BS will play second fiddle..........

Meanwhile, a whole crowd of other numbers are feeling left out.

Last time I was in Topeka, KS, Tiffany gave me much needed relief, look her up.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Dude you need an ol' lady....

Your silly phobia BS will play second fiddle..........
    My old lady wants me cured more than you know.

Is there something about my posting that says I'm single?

The human brain is hard wired to look for associations and explanations, which tends to be the source of most societal phobias, such as of the number 13. In Mexico, it isnt the 13th floor on the elevator, its the number 11.

I absolutely love Brain Games. Highly recommended watching.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

There's a vaccine for everything else, so looks like this was left out.

Your brain is far too complex for this overly simplistic explanation to work. More and more “psychiatric diseases” are appearing in the literature all the time, and many could be considered “lifestyle disorders”:

Do you shop too much? You might have Compulsive Shipping Disorder.
    Do you have a difficult time with multiplication? You could be suffering from Dyscalculia.
    Spending too much time surfing the Web? It might be Internet Addiction Disorder.
    Spending too much time at the gym? You’d better see someone for your Bigorexia or Muscle Dysmorphia.
    And my favorite—are your terrified by the number 13? You could have Triskaidekaphobia!

You get the idea.

The point is, each of these new “diseases” gets added to the next edition of the official Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) if enough people show up with those traits. And increasingly, the criteria for inclusion involves whether or not the disorder responds to a category of drugs.

If it does, the phenomenon is dubbed a disease.

Of the 297 mental disorders described in the DSM, none can be objectively measured by empirical tests. In other words, they’re completely subjective. Mental illness symptoms within this manual are arbitrarily assigned by a subjective voting system by a psychiatric panel.

So, they’re making up diseases to fit the drugs—not the other way around.

It’s almost impossible to see a psychiatrist today without being diagnosed with a mental disorder because so many behavior variations are described as pathology. And you have a 99 percent chance of emerging from your psychiatrist’s office with a prescription in hand.

Why so much reliance on popping a pill for every emotional ill?

Because writing a prescription is much faster and lucrative approach for the conventional model. Additionally most practitioners have yet to accept the far more effective energetic psychological approaches.
    http://healthimpactnews.com/2011/ant....sjQE0IGf.dpuf
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nothing wrong with 13 - one of my favorites is the Betsy Ross

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

The DSM: Psychiatry's Deadliest Scam

Through the Monopoly of Belief, those that are diagonsed with any Mental Disorder actually think the diagnosis is real.

Enjoying chocolate is not a mental disorder
    Enjoying sex is not a mental disorder
    Fearing fire is not a mental disorder
    Oppositional Defiance Disorder is not a real mental disorder

Its all made up bull$#@! intended to increase Big Pharma sales. These doctors literally vote on what will be put into the next DSM, are paid and sponsored by Big Pharma, and have absolutely zero scientific evidence to support their conclusions.
    Last edited by DamianTV; 03-02-2015 at 08:21 PM.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

At least you can pee in public urinals.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    The DSM: Psychiatry's Deadliest Scam

Through the Monopoly of Belief, those that are diagonsed with any Mental Disorder actually think the diagnosis is real.

Enjoying chocolate is not a mental disorder
    Enjoying sex is not a mental disorder
    Fearing fire is not a mental disorder
    Oppositional Defiance Disorder is not a real mental disorder

Its all made up bull$#@! intended to increase Big Pharma sales. These doctors literally vote on what will be put into the next DSM, are paid and sponsored by Big Pharma, and have absolutely zero scientific evidence to support their conclusions.
    Yes it is. Then they have a pill to counter the side effects of the last pill you had side effects from. It is a vicious circle. Meanwhile you become a customer for life for Big pHARMa.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    As I sit here babbling like the town drunk whilst my brain slowly melts like a Dali painting I can't help but be in 100% agreement.

I would love for my hobby and obsession to consist of something other than mentally circling an arbitrary point.

So please let me know when you or Some of the space monkeys here can cash that check.
    OCD?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    OCD?
    Do I know you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast